Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

Ok people here's a little spoiler for the next upcoming series of Big Brother on channel 7. Yes you guessed the next season of BB the housemates will all be dressed in various "ABBA" style 1970's outfits. Because of the huge demand and interest in this seasons classic rags. BB won't be holding back on the new season to give it that much loved "retro" feel and look that everybody wants...? LOL! Cheers! :p ;)

Ok here is the battle of the most out there, wackiest, loosest and baggiest pants battle! "Boney M" male singer/dancer or "MC Hammer"?

Who wins? You decide! LMAO! Cheers! :D ;)

I heard this song playing the other day while I was getting some petrol at a BP servo. Anyway I did a search for this song and it's from 1978. Another online search tells me that the price of petrol back then was only 12 cents a litre! Damn they must have been some great days back then. I can see now why the larger cars factory fitted with V8 engines was big back in those days with the local big 3 car makers back in those days (Ford, Holden and Chrysler).

I tell ya I am now starting to feel the pinch of these damn higher petrol prices at the moment. I have been paying over $2 a litre for a few months now and you really start to notice it driving a larger and rather thirsty vehicle all the time.

Wish I could pay the 1978 petrol price of only 12 cents a litre these days! I put $30 of regular unleaded 91 in my car the other day and the price was $2.12 a litre, which gave me only 14 litres of petrol. Darn expensive at the moment!

Now if I was paying 1978 prices for petrol today, you couldn't even put $30 petrol into my car as it would equate to 250 litres of fuel!

I worked out that if I was paying 1978 prices at the pump today I could literally fill the 80 litre petrol tank in my car for only $9.60 !!! At today's prices it would cost me $169.60 to fill the tank !!! Massive difference!

I once spoke to an old timer about the price of petrol a few years ago and he was telling me that back in the day he used to fill up the tank on his old Holden HR sedan and he would be left with some change out of a $5 note. Oh those were the days!

Cheers!

Canada’s attempt at a post Spice Girls girl group… This throwback comes courtesy of @jonnyguns87 on TikTok who described this song as a “fever dream”.

The song is 25 years old and I still remember all the lyrics.

Wow it's been 25 years since this album came out? Darn it the years just go by too damn fast! :(

I also remember my mate had this album and it was stolen from his room along with all his other CD collection back in those days.

I do remember this video clip was played all the time when these guys just hit the scene back then. Cheers!

Another story here of a CD getting stolen...lol

Back in the late 1990's my mate had borrowed my one and only self titled "Metallica" black CD album which was a special "Gold Signature Edition" version. Anyway one day my mate told me that someone had broken into his car while he was at work and stole the whole radio/cd player unit from his car. Yep well you guessed it the one and only CD that was in that head unit was my Metallica gold signature edition CD! Argh!

Oh well I was lucky enough to get back the original CD plastic case and cover which also features special gold signature features on them. The thief or thieves must have been in such a rush that they didn't even bother to check in the glove box in his car where the original CD cover was sitting, lucky for me I guess...lol

I just ended up buying a normal version of this CD back in those days to replace it in my collection after that happened. Luckily for the internet and ebay these days I managed to actually purchase this exact same gold signature edition CD again for not much really a few years ago. So there you go after probably 20 or so years after it was stolen I actually got hold of this awesome gold signature edition album again. :)

R.jpgmedium-d160a489fded.jpg

Cheers! :cool:

Back