Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

Wow I remember this song being played all the time on the local radio stations back in 1996 to 1997 as I had my first job as an electronic technician and we had a radio always playing in the background in the work area. Well that was when us younger workers got a chance to change the radio station to a more modern radio station as our supervisor would usually have it on the "oldies" radio station...lol. But I actually didn't mind all the classic music back then aswell. I do remember him sometimes returning from a coffee break and he would be like "oh what's this rubbish, who changed the bloody radio station". We would all be silent and tried not to giggle as he changed the station back to the "oldies" again...LOL! :D

Another song from that 1996 to 1997 era like "Missing - Everything But The Girl" which was a huge hit was "Ironic" by "Alanis Morrissette". Both these songs were massive hits back then! Cheers!

I just learnt something new here you folks over there in USA celebrate Father's day on the 19th of June. Here in Australia we celebrate Father's Day usually on the first Sunday in September later in the year. Cheers! :)
Mother's Day is in May, it must be the weather Cheers back atcha

Wow I remember this song being played all the time on the local radio stations back in 1996 to 1997 as I had my first job as an electronic technician and we had a radio always playing in the background in the work area. Well that was when us younger workers got a chance to change the radio station to a more modern radio station as our supervisor would usually have it on the "oldies" radio station...lol. But I actually didn't mind all the classic music back then aswell. I do remember him sometimes returning from a coffee break and he would be like "oh what's this rubbish, who changed the bloody radio station". We would all be silent and tried not to giggle as he changed the station back to the "oldies" again...LOL! :D

Another song from that 1996 to 1997 era like "Missing - Everything But The Girl" which was a huge hit was "Ironic" by "Alanis Morrissette". Both these songs were massive hits back then! Cheers!

I’m a mid 80’s baby so I grew up listening this kind of stuff on the radio/at school dances etc. I remember being in grade 6 and Alanis was all the rage. I remember feeling so badass listening to the Jagged Little Pill album because she swears on a couple of songs.

This song here was a massive hit when it was realeased back in the early 1990's. I even had a mate of mine that learnt how to sing it just like the original singer did....lol. Yes for those nostalgia types I remember people even playing this song through their CB radio's back then through the microphone on the "call" channel. Cheers! :D

Back