Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

...my second last song today.. a lot of people don't really like this song but I think that it is great... cheers.

Reactions: Jam
..I know that I've played some of these songs before but the thread does say... "what songs are you listening to"?... these are the ones that I listening to now... obviously I am in a mellow mood at the moment so hence the songs lol!... I'm going to finish this off with another song I love... cheers.

Oh @Mr Stickyfingers how do you do that, hit my obsessions - Ray Davies and the Kinks

Ray Davies did Glastonbury 2010

Crowd adores him

Bowie does Waterloo

My favourite, in the Summertime

He is a genius and still making great music.
Did you know USA banned them from entry for 4 years, and that is probably why they never became as big as Beatles/Stones, for Davies is a poet and utterly brilliant.

Great UK article about him 2015...

Ray Davies: ‘I’m not the godfather of Britpop … more a concerned uncle’
http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...inks-not-godfather-of-britpop-concerned-uncle

Couple of quotes I like
....Who’s Pete Townshend once said that you should one day become poet laureate, because you invented a “new form of poetry and pop writing” that influenced him “from the very beginning”. You seem to be falling over gushing tributes from pop legends.

His brother and he never got on
Dave has described your brotherly relationship as “like Cain and Abel”.

It’s more like Satan and Jesus.

Was that great rivalry part of the creative spark?

Sibling rivalry’s such an odd term. There’s always rivalry in bands. I always think of that quote in the film The Third Man, where Harry Lime says: “The Italians had wars, fighting, murder, pillage and rape, and they got the Renaissance, Michelangelo, great things in the world. The Swiss have had 500 years of peace and what have they got? The cuckoo clock!” Dave provides fire, or the fuel to light my fire, sometimes. I miss some of that.

Another musical obsession I have, girl groups from the 60s

I love, love, love them....I even have a Christmas CD of 60s girls

Oh @Mr Stickyfingers how do you do that, hit my obsessions - Ray Davies and the Kinks

Another musical obsession I have, girl groups from the 60s

I love, love, love them....I even have a Christmas CD of 60s girls

...that link about Ray Davies was a great read kxk... thanks for that...

...when I was a kid in London and heard The Kinks/Small Faces and other such groups singing I always considered them to be the ultimate leaders in the London pop music movement at the time alongside The Beatles etc... Ray Davies' voice stood out to me... I could never get enough of his voice in those days... listening to him on one of those new fandangled things called 'portable transistor radios'... my dad had bought me one for my birthday... probably something like this... lol!...

470aecb325c5ea3db44574d200d54a22.jpg

...I like 60's girl bands too believe it or not kxk... like these for instance... cheers.

Last edited:
...kxk... have you ever watched 'The Little Shop of Horrors'?... they have a musical tribute to the girl bands of the 60's in the form of 'street urchins' called 'Crystal/Ronette and Chiffon'... they sing some great songs along the lines of those girl bands... here is what they look and sound like throughout the movie...

...it's a great movie... if you haven't seen it you should check it out... it has great music in it... I love Steve Martin as the Dentist especially lol!... cheers.

Back