Skip to main content

What is your reality TV threshold?

AtalantaRose

Awesome site donor
I am a massive reality tv fan. I assume that most people in here are. My favourites are:

:)
  • Big Brother
  • The Voice
  • X Factor
  • Next Top Model
  • Survivor
  • Geordie Shore
  • The Amazing Race
  • Project Runway
  • The Bachelor

But there are a few shows that are just a step too far, even for a TV junkie like me. My threshold stops just before...:

:(
  • Farmer Wants a Wife
  • Beauty and the Geek
  • Marry My Boy
  • Australia's Got Talent

What shows are just that step too far for you?

I love:
BB
The Block
Survivor
TAR
The Biggest Loser
House Rules
Capture

Hate:
Beauty and the geek
ANTM
Any Scripted reality for example any of the real housewives of whatever.
Any talent show AGT, Idol, X factor

...for me it is...

• Big Brother
  • Celebrity Apprentice
  • My Kitchen Rules
  • The Block (sometimes when there are no prima donnas)
  • Celebrity Splash (I know... I'm pathetic eh?... lol!)...

...not for me are...

• Farmer Wants a Wife
  • Beauty and the Geek
  • Marry My Boy
  • Australia's Got Talent
  • The Voice
  • X Factor
  • Next Top Model
  • Survivor
  • Geordie Shore
  • The Amazing Race
  • Project Runway
  • The Bachelor

...I was never a reality TV fan until Big Brother started up all those years ago... lol!... cheers.

I love all the Foxtel reality shows.. Arena, MTV and E - I'm your bitch.

All the Real Housewives and spinoffs (Beverly Hills, OC, New York, Atlanta, Miami, you name it!), Vanderpump Rules, the E and MTV shows like Kendra, Kardashians (and spin offs), The Real World etc etc etc...

Not into X-Factor, AGT and all those "talent shows"..

Ah, yes, add MKR, The Block and The Apprentice to my list of 'must watch' reality.

I'm not a fan of any of the Real Housewives shows, etc. Nothing compares to the original Laguna Beach, :p

I love
Big brother
Survivor
America's next top model
Australia's next top model...when I can find it
So you think you can dance

Don't like
The amazing race
USA big brother..too much strategy,not enough housemates or big brother interaction...your involved Big brother just makes the show IMO
Idols...Nikki Minaj put me off that one...awful the fighting between her and Mariah

I am a massive reality tv fan. I assume that most people in here are. My favourites are:

• Big Brother
  • The Voice
  • X Factor
  • Next Top Model
  • Survivor
  • Geordie Shore
  • The Amazing Race
  • Project Runway
  • The Bachelor

But there are a few shows that are just a step too far, even for a TV junkie like me. My threshold stops just before...:

• Farmer Wants a Wife
  • Beauty and the Geek
  • Marry My Boy
  • Australia's Got Talent

What shows are just that step too far for you?

I love all the talent shows, BB, The Block (although this last season was my first season since season one, only due to lack of time time, not interest), House Rules, Celeb Apprentice, Beauty and the geeks...

Would like to watch (but don't have time) Survivor, MKR, Amazing Race

Can't bring myself around to Jersey / Geordie Shore, Real Housewives, The Hills etc.

Like-
The Block
MKR
The Ultimate Fighter
The Amazing race (although it's wearing on me)
Survivor (the early ones)
The Bachelor
Deadliest Catch (the best show on EARTH)

Don't like
Masterchef
X Factor
AGT
The Voice

I like BB obviously, and I usually end up watching The Block and I used to love TBL. I don't usually like talent shows. I have no interest in Jersey Shore or The Hills, although I actually do kinda like The Kardashians. I actually like a lot of the ones people have said they don't like... Farmer Wants a Wife, Please Marry My Boy, ANTM, Beauty and the Geek (for fun). I haven't seen much of any of the Real Housewives series, but I don't mind what I've seen.

For me:

Big brother
The block
Masterchef
Project runway Australia
Biggest Loser
Vanderpump rules
The voice

I can't stand

Australia's next X factor/talent thingys
The mole
Farmer wants a blowjob
Beauty and the guy dressed like a geek
The bachelor

And the only thing I like about the kardashians is their handbags!

Watch/ed:
Big Brother Australia
The Amazing Race Australia
The Mole (although season 5 and 6 were pretty bad...)
My Restaurant Rules
Australia's Got Talent (Channel 7 era only, can't stand it now)
Big Brother UK (Only if there's bugger all on local TV!)

That's about it... There's really not many reality tv shows I actually like.

How do you guys keep up with all these shows!?
I struggle enough as it is with just Big Brother, Next Top Model and Home & Away (I know H&A isn't reality but those are just the 3 I watch everynight). Other shows I have been into but only get to watch occasionally are The Block, Project Runway and The Amazing Race.

I love heaps of reality ones from Foxtel

Jerseylicious
Little People, Big World
19 Kids and Counting
Jon & Kate plus 8 (until they unfortunately got divorced!)
How Do I Look
Bill & Guiliana

Plus also
Big Brother
The Voice
Farmer Wants A Wife
Beauty and the Geek
The Amazing Race
American Idol [MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] Mariah and Nicki put me off last season too but they've gone now and Harry Connick Jr, J-Lo and Keith Urban are the judges!
The Biggest Loser

Don't like
Australia's Got Talent
X Factor

I love heaps of reality ones from Foxtel

Jerseylicious
Little People, Big World
19 Kids and Counting
Jon & Kate plus 8 (until they unfortunately got divorced!)
How Do I Look
Bill & Guiliana

Plus also
Big Brother
The Voice
Farmer Wants A Wife
Beauty and the Geek
The Amazing Race
American Idol [MENTION=34072]Lindsay1973[/MENTION] Mariah and Nicki put me off last season too but they've gone now and Harry Connick Jr, J-Lo and Keith Urban are the judges!
The Biggest Loser

Don't like
Australia's Got Talent
X Factor

Keith Urban was great

I don't watch much, but then I don't watch much TV at all, mostly documentaries. I watch our BB, and have watched the UK version in the past, but I've mostly given up on that now, even the celeb ones. I watch I'm a Celebrity Get Me out of Here, and occasionally other celeb reality shows, eg a couple of the celeb versions of Come Dine with Me.

I'll happily watch:
Big Brother
The Block/The Block NZ
MKR
House Rules
Survivor
Project Runway Australia

I only realised last week Seven was showing a new season of The Amazing Race and for the first time I have dropped it.

I agree with the Beauty and the Geek hate here.

That show is stretching the term "reality" even by reality tv standards. The whole thing is set up for the guys to fit the role of the nerd, and the girls to be dumb blondes. It is incredibly cringe sometimes.... the guys are dressed horribly on purpose and told to stop manscaping their face to make the 'big reveal' more appealing. The girls are given stupid quotes to say to show how 'dumb' they are, but really... I just don't believe any of it.

It reminds me of the american crap reality - anytime you have separate interviews of people discussing what is happening (Like USA BB, or any USA reality show) it just reeeks of produced crap, or if it isn't "scripted" the producers get around it by asking probing questions designed to give them something to cut up and butcher to their needs later.

The biggest let down of AUS BB reboot - lack of a real live feed. Removing it took power off us, the audience, and we lack the ability to keep the producers honest and I wish there was some way we could make them bring it back, but I just can't see it happening. Reality tv in the modern age is becoming less and less "reality", and more just "TV".

I watch Big Brother.

I watch a bit of Masterchef and MKR.

Grand Designs

That's about it.

Mainly watch scripted stuff. I'll watch the Soup to an overview of stuff. Does that count???

I find most reality TV annoying. Things like
Jerseylicious, iI can watch a few minutes strangely curious and then my brain spazes out and I have to turn it off.

Reality TV like AFL ect, I just find boring.

Watch
Survivor is my first and truest love have never missed an ep
BB although 07 & 08 I didn't follow that we'll
I used to be an avid Amazing Race fan but got tired of it and 7 stuffs it around
Masterchef
MKR
So you think you can dance
Bachelor Australia

Not any more
Beauty & the geek first season was funny now it's just too fake

Draw the line at
Kardashians
Pathetic attempts by 10 with shows with D list celbs doing pointless stuff or that one they made with "real" people at Bondi or something ugh
Real housewives etc

Back