Skip to main content

What is a "A SAFE VOTE" ?

steve

A safe vote is, PUTTING UP 3 OPPOSITION PEOPLE FROM THE OPPOSING ALLIANCE, is it that hard, jeez...

To be fair in the proper iteration of the format with housemates voting for the evictee the "pawn" has been a strategy since almost the beginning, though with the caveat that "pawns can go home". There is logic behind it in trying to force the vote in the direction of the "target", but it is a strategy that works better with two nominees rather than three, and when the gameplay is a bit more advanced than it is on Big Brother Australia where the person who nominates doesn't even get the chance to discuss it beforehand and ensure they have the votes and has very little influence over the rest of the house.

Not dissing those who watch but this iteration feels even more scripted editorially than last year. Sign of the times. Now. Im not one harking back to days of yesteryear.. Those are days gone. Immediate gratifications are the key to compete with a variance of other entertainment options. Enjoy for what it is. But for me the intrinsic premise is lost and is now a completely diffrent show albeit still trying to frame it under the same banner.
BB fans will enjoy any remote connection to what it was. And I understand. But the deliberate focus points and focus on cherrry picked characters before it has even really started......I smell a nascent preordained directive for narrative.
It just doesnt seem to have that natural beauty of truly organic evolvement.

To be fair in the proper iteration of the format with housemates voting for the evictee the "pawn" has been a strategy since almost the beginning, though with the caveat that "pawns can go home". There is logic behind it in trying to force the vote in the direction of the "target", but it is a strategy that works better with two nominees rather than three, and when the gameplay is a bit more advanced than it is on Big Brother Australia where the person who nominates doesn't even get the chance to discuss it beforehand and ensure they have the votes and has very little influence over the rest of the house.
That's a big change in nominations from previous BB seasons where you cant confide with other housemates on your thoughts on the people you want to evict. Takes away the entertainment value out of the show.

Not dissing those who watch but this iteration feels even more scripted editorially than last year. Sign of the times. Now. Im not one harking back to days of yesteryear.. Those are days gone. Immediate gratifications are the key to compete with a variance of other entertainment options. Enjoy for what it is. But for me the intrinsic premise is lost and is now a completely diffrent show albeit still trying to frame it under the same banner.
BB fans will enjoy any remote connection to what it was. And I understand. But the deliberate focus points and focus on cherrry picked characters before it has even really started......I smell a nascent preordained directive for narrative.
It just doesnt seem to have that natural beauty of truly organic evolvement.
The older BB fans will wont to go back to the old format, the challenge themed contests are like something out of survivor, where the fittest usually comes out on top. The unfit don't last long in BB, they are the expendable pawns.

That's a big change in nominations from previous BB seasons where you cant confide with other housemates on your thoughts on the people you want to evict. Takes away the entertainment value out of the show.
Done properly it can really add to the content of the show, but it's not being done properly on Seven. The same with the challenges - the US and Canadian version usually have a good mix of physical, mental, skill and endurance challenges over the season.

Done properly it can really add to the content of the show, but it's not being done properly on Seven. The same with the challenges - the US and Canadian version usually have a good mix of physical, mental, skill and endurance challenges over the season.
It's a fusion with survivor atm, and that's what BB is not really about.

It's a fusion with survivor atm, and that's what BB is not really about.

A big example of this for me was Ari. Where he's talking about all the lies he's told. Nothing in common etc. That would have been great to be something we watch and discover as a viewer. That's what BB is about. With this, I honestly don't think I really know anyone true personalities.

A big example of this for me was Ari. Where he's talking about all the lies he's told. Nothing in common etc. That would have been great to be something we watch and discover as a viewer. That's what BB is about. With this, I honestly don't think I really know anyone true personalities.
Speaking of Ari, he's playing a smart game here, all of a sudden he's a challenge beast after dropping out constantly in past challenges. One to watch..

Back