Skip to main content

What Colour Hair Do You Have?

Is that's why your username is bleachy_dude? Because you bleached your hair once to make it white?
Yep dude.
The longer story is that the day we (my friend and I) bleached our hair, his family had just installed (dial up) Internet. So we made our emails. Mine was bleached_hair_freak@yahoo and over the years on message boards etc it became bleachy, at some point I added the dude as I was getting mixed up as a female. The rest is history :) haha.

Dark brown. Have never dyed it, not sure I ever will.... Until I start going grey of course!

Sort of a light ash blonde with lighter steaks. I wanted to go platinum blonde, Gwendoline Stefani blonde, but my hairdresser gave me a look that said it all. Suggested some platinum streaks for a trial. She has seen me through some weird colours and styles over the years and probably was thinking about how much trouble it would be to change it sometime in the future, so I can't really complain.

So here I am, streaky blonde, with some natural white highlights coming through. Yeah, forgot to mention that hit about the hair turning white by itself, but only in some sections. If I had it all natural, I would look like a dark blonde bride of Frankenstein. Without the up do.

Shiny Platinum Grey Now, with a bit of Brunette undertones (like right underneath) - I am not prepared to fight my natural colour anymore - I used to pay a small FORTUNE to get my hair to the colour it has turned into.
I've done the dark and LOVED it - I might just go buy a wig or two ..... Just for fun

Lol depends on when you ask. Naturally dark blonde.
In the last yeah alone I have been light blonde, red, chocolate brown and now back to light brown with blonde highlights lol.

Had really dark auburn (brown/red) hair as a kid but it gradually lightened to a light brown honey colour. Recently died it a dark auburn colour again though and loving it :)

Had really dark auburn (brown/red) hair as a kid but it gradually lightened to a light brown honey colour. Recently died it a dark auburn colour again though and loving it :)
Loved having red hair and have reddish hints through it naturally. Dad had black hair and a red beard and Mum's dad had red hair. I find it interesting how hair changes colour throughout our lives. Black hair when born, strawberry blonde, blonde, then varying shades of brown and now grey. I've always had blue eyes though, lol.

Loved having red hair and have reddish hints through it naturally. Dad had black hair and a red beard and Mum's dad had red hair. I find it interesting how hair changes colour throughout our lives. Black hair when born, strawberry blonde, blonde, then varying shades of brown and now grey. I've always had blue eyes though, lol.

That's amazing that you went from black to blonde. I've heard of it naturally happening the other way around but not like that! My hair got naturally lighter as I got older as well. It was fine lighter when I had a tan but the darker brown/red looks much better with my complexion now that I've been making an effort to look after my skin and not let the sun get to it too much. I'm naturally quite pale but the moment sunlight hits me I go black lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with black hair and a ranga beard.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with black hair and a ranga beard.
I think most of us have red in our backgrounds anyway and facial hair is where it comes out, especially on the menfolk. Mind you, someone I know, and it's not me honest, is a dark blonde and her lady hairs are definitely in that red category. The things you see when you really don't need or want to.

Back