Skip to main content

What Big Brother 2012 could have looked like + unheard of housemate!

Oh yeah, I actually didn't even notice that one to be honest.

And in this version, Angie was going to be known as Angela and Benjamin was going to be known as Ben.

I was going to mention the "Stacy" error but @marquisite beat me. :p

EDIT: My theory on why they were cut - not all housemates have equal time on screen, Zoe is there for like a second (unless you count her legs being seen when Josh is front and centre) while @Estelle.Landy has a few seconds of screentime. Also, there wasn't much room for them to eventually insert Ava/Sam.

I forgot that they had different BB names, this is all very rough then isn't it. And yes I wondered why poor Zoe got such little air time. It's quite crudely made.

Great find, much better than what they used and even had they just used a short version without the HMs (as they did for daily shows in BB08) I'm sure a short cut of this would have been better than the titles they had - indeed it's quite obvious where they could cut in and cut out of them to insert the Daily Show previews rather than air the cast sequence.

Surely they weren't just dumped because of Anthony being replaced by Ray - I'd have thought they'd be designed to be easy enough to ammend, although the titles actually used in the end did look like they were made in an afternoon!

Last edited:
Aborting these for a few incorrectly spelt names is as stupid as knocking down the house because someone spilt a bit of paint on the carpet.

Heck, BBUSA put titles to air last year with one spelt incorrectly.

Hmmmm. So I asked Mavroidakis on Twitter for any details on the elusive Anthony, and got this reply:
Seems he decided to focus on why they were unused (even though the typos could have been easily fixed) and not the new housemate...
This is typical Mav. His response here is exactly why BB on Nine failed.

The reason they were canned wouldn't have been due to spelling mistakes, I reckon they were commissioned to be made (like that theme song) and Nine didn't like them. On top of that, adding in more housemates to them would have been hard and as cool as the theme is, I just don't think it is fast paced enough.
I'd say there were a number of reasons.

Parts of this appear in CuttingEdge's design ShowReel from 2013.

So, I gather that somebody left and is going it alone as "KreationZone" ?

Last edited:
#whoisanthony

32994-Community-shocked-gif-z3Hb.gif

Big Brother Australia
from Phil Robson PLUS 4 years ago NOT YET RATED

Big Brother
Titles Animation Pitch

Role : Concept / Design / Animation

// Contains sourced audio manipulated for concept purposes

Back