Skip to main content

What Big Brother 2012 could have looked like + unheard of housemate!

matts bb

Always Watching đź‘€
So I was doing a bit of internet browsing tonight and I have stumbled across what was a pitch for the opening titles of Big Brother 2012. The theme on it might sound familiar? ;)

I don't think they are bad, they do drag on a bit and I think the that theme paired with titles makes them a bit too slow. Makes me think thats why they then ended up doing other titles in-house at Nine.

Oh and who the hell is Anthony, did he pull out or did they cut him?

So I was doing a bit of internet browsing tonight and I have stumbled across what was a pitch for the opening titles of Big Brother 2012. The theme on it might sound familiar? ;)

I don't think they are bad, they do drag on a bit and I think the that theme paired with titles makes them a bit too slow. Makes me think thats why they then ended up doing other titles in-house at Nine.

Oh and who the hell is Anthony, did he pull out or did they cut him?

Wow. That is very cool.

And who is Anthony? O_O

There was also meant to be an Anthony in the 2013 series which is why Drew went by his surname, but he pulled out last minute, or so the fable goes.

Who is this is this elusive Anthony...?

So in this test version they still managed to implement the traditional Dreamworld logo like they did back in the older season opening titles but then they removed it for some reason. I do wonder who that Anthony is though, maybe a facial recognition might help but it's strange for them to add him to the opening titles and then him not being a housemate in the final version.

WHY NINE WHY DID YOU NOT USE THIS OPENING SEQUENCE?!?!?!?!?! OMFG! Nine you find new ways EVERY DAY to disappoint me. Fuuuuurrkk

I don't know why Nine didn't just use these titles, but speed them up since it removes the slowness feeling they have. It actually pairs nicely with the USA theme...

And here's the inevitable 'with 2005-2007 theme' version:
*tears rolling down eyes* oh god here comes the nostalgia!

Holy shit, that's the theme song my mate produced!!! He told me he doesn't know why they cut it, but they still paid him. However I never thought i'd see the light of day with it in a visual intro. That's awesome.

Nice find, @matts bb ! I agree, if they were faster paced they'd have worked well. But they look great anyway.

I thought that version of the logo looked familiar - turns out the 'House 2' stunt used an all blue version of it.

bbau9-2012-alttitles-justblue-house2.jpg
bbau9-2012-alttitles-redblue-unreleased.jpg

@jessy_girl and "Stacy" :)

Also, what's with the spelling of Bradley, or should I say"Bradly". That seems... weird.
And in this version, Angie was going to be known as Angela and Benjamin was going to be known as Ben.

I was going to mention the "Stacy" error but @marquisite beat me. :p

EDIT: My theory on why they were cut - not all housemates have equal time on screen, Zoe is there for like a second (unless you count her legs being seen when Josh is front and centre) while @Estelle.Landy has a few seconds of screentime. Also, there wasn't much room for them to eventually insert Ava/Sam.

Last edited:
Back