Skip to main content

Weight while in the house

K

kimedian

It always fascinates me how the housemates weight changes in the house. All they seem to do is sit around all the time, although you think they would be so bored working out would give them something to do. On the other hand they always seem to be eating out of boredom.

This season it's pretty obvious Michael has lost weight. I was just watching a clip of him from this morning and he's barely got a belly now. Obviously he's been working out but I wonder if he consciously went into the house with a goal to lose weight.

Zoe as well, when she was in the diary room her face looked so much thinner than at the beginning.

Layla has gained a bit of weight since the beginning. I was rewatching her original interview with Sonia just before entering the house and she looks so different (although it could just be all the make up etc).

Does anyone else share this obsession with the housemates weight?
Please do not turn this into a hate thread about overweight people....simply commenting on the housemates

I think Ray said he lost 7kgs, it depends on what their diet was like before entering the house, meal partitions etc, Michael and Zoe would most likely have a higher fat/protein diet outside of the house, michael has stated he loves junk food, and bigger portion sizes than living with 14 people would allow. Layla for example outside of the house may have had a lower carb diet, have noticed over the years, and Vesna was very vocal about how some females put weight on in the house because of this. But yes this has always interested me too!

Angie seems to have put on a bit too. Zoe is looking great although I wish she would wear less make up at times, some girls just look better without it.

they did weigh themselves last week, i think angie, estelle and someone else gained a little, zoe and michael lost, the rest unchanged.

no wonder BB does not hesitate to put them on staples. with so limited activity they will need staple day in day out. and further proves what i believe, exercise makes you fitter but not always skinnier. its more about stop EATING!

I don't necessarily share an obsession, but i have noticed this happen over other series as well. The problem if you really don't like the gym equipment as such (like the weights machines etc), working out isn't much fun as the backyard is a kind of awkward shape... and alot of the food they get is carbs because its cheaper for them... i agree i always watch and think i would work out every day because it would be something to do, but even that would get pretty boring after a while, with always the same equipment and such. Not to mention the sun is pretty strong in QLD which makes one very lethargic...

If they are regular gym goers on the outside I think they would find the gym stuff in the house very limiting, people like Tim and Bradley may tone, but for someone like Sam wouldnt be challenging at all

In a house with a treadmill I would run all the time. But if there wasn't a workout option I hate to say it but I would probably gain weight from nervous eating and sitting around.

This season it's pretty obvious Michael has lost weight. I was just watching a clip of him from this morning and he's barely got a belly now. Obviously he's been working out but I wonder if he consciously went into the house with a goal to lose weight.

He actually went on a diet and started working out before entering the house for the purpose of looking better on the show, so it's good to see he has continued to lose weight in the house.

They're all on a food budget, so I wasn't really surprised that Michael had lost weight. He probably ate heaps more prior.

they did weigh themselves last week, i think angie, estelle and someone else gained a little, zoe and michael lost, the rest unchanged.

no wonder BB does not hesitate to put them on staples. with so limited activity they will need staple day in day out. and further proves what i believe, exercise makes you fitter but not always skinnier. its more about stop EATING!

Yep that's why they always say, that to lose weight and get fitter, it's 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I
Does anyone else share this obsession with the housemates weight?
Please do not turn this into a hate thread about overweight people....simply commenting on the housemates

I'm a moderator at http://www.reddit.com/r/NakedProgress/ so yes I notice it.

Michael is whats is called "skinny fat" in exercise parlance. His hip to waist ratio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist–hip_ratio is good. But he doesn't have much muscle tone, he's getting thin but not by adding muscle.

Zoe is noticeably thinner.

Josh is looking more athletic but he's a footy player so he knows the deal with exercise.

Sam has the vocabulary & technique of an exercise junkie.
If they are regular gym goers on the outside I think they would find the gym stuff in the house very limiting, people like Tim and Bradley may tone, but for someone like Sam wouldnt be challenging at all

Sam does bodyweight exercises & skipping. His dumbdell routine is enough to maintain muscle mass, thats what a guys like him care about (along with getting enough clean calories)

http://www.bodyweightculture.com/forum/content.php
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cynthia2.htm

Last edited:
Well guys like Ray have a high Kj / Protein diet to get all the muscle bulk. You can't bulk up like that on the food that they have in the house so that's why he would have lost weight . In an average day he's probably consuming +10,000 kj easily but in the house it'd be half that unless the lovely people at KFC kept feeding him.

Layla is just lazy , sleeps around like a sloth , eats shit all day and gets fat. you gotta be pretty lazy to gain weight in the BB house.

Well guys like Ray have a high Kj / Protein diet to get all the muscle bulk. You can't bulk up like that on the food that they have in the house so that's why he would have lost weight . In an average day he's probably consuming +10,000 kj easily but in the house it'd be half that unless the lovely people at KFC kept feeding him.

Layla is just lazy , sleeps around like a sloth , eats shit all day and gets fat. you gotta be pretty lazy to gain weight in the BB house.

I could not of replied better...;)

10,000kj is only 2400 cals.

I'm no where near as big as ray (~75kg) and currently losing weight in the 2400-2500 range.

To maintain i need to eat around 2800 and to gain i need to eat 3200+.

It's no wonder they are losing muscle mass in there.

Back