Skip to main content

(US) Survivor : Edge Of Extinction

The Edge of Extinction concept is stupid, in my opinion, I reckon if you get eliminated, that should be it for you, no second chances.
Rick Devens is playing a good game, if he gets to the final 3, he wins most of the jury votes

Are the remaining extinction jury going to get another chance to get back in? They haven't made it clear at all, but they must be, otherwise the player voted out this time wouldn't have been given the choice (if they were just going to the jury).

Devens played them well this time. He is perhaps the only spark of life in a really dull cast. Loved ones visits are a waste of time at best, but this time we don't even know the players well enough to care at all.

Devens is a TV reporter on one of the news shows over there, he knows how to play to the cameras, as he proved in the tribal council this week.
If he gets to the end, that dude wins, no question about it.
Then again, he'll keep having a target on his back a mile long.

I don't mind Devens really, but the favouritism from Jeff does my head in.
Why is he Devens and not Rick, when Gavin is just Gavin?
He is so clearly the favourite that it seems obvious he probably wins.

Devens is the main newsreader for one of the TV news shows in Georgia, USA, he's well trained for TV and performing on a reality show.
He makes the tribal councils into pure entertainment!
Not sure he'll win, but he's easily the best thing about this current season.

Devens is the main newsreader for one of the TV news shows in Georgia, USA, he's well trained for TV and performing on a reality show.
He makes the tribal councils into pure entertainment!
Not sure he'll win, but he's easily the best thing about this current season.

Is he known as Devens in the real world? That would explain why Jeff is fangirling so hard and not just treating him as "Rick".
I suppose it's an ego thing - I bet Jeff likes to be referred to as "Probst".

Is he known as Devens in the real world? That would explain why Jeff is fangirling so hard and not just treating him as "Rick".
I suppose it's an ego thing - I bet Jeff likes to be referred to as "Probst".

Rick is just the newest member of a long list of Probst's favourites that he's referred to by their last name.
Off the top of my head, (Colby) Donaldson, (Rob) Mariano, (Andrew) Savage, (Terry) Dietz, (John) Cochran, (Kelley) Wentworth

I thought Devin's move at tribal was pretty obvious, but though predictable it as least shook things up. There was something satisfying in seeing something play out as expected.

The letters to self are a new variation on 'loved ones' letters so I hope it's a one off, it felt even more fake.

I enjoyed the finale. I won't mention who won in case others can't watch it til tonight.

Next season has an interesting concept.

I liked the outcome but I do think the concept of this season was a stupid idea this year

I didn't see the preview of next season but I don't think anything could be worse than this season's concept

I liked the outcome but I do think the concept of this season was a stupid idea this year

I didn't see the preview of next season but I don't think anything could be worse than this season's concept

Yes, I thought the winner did deserve it in the end due to the way they gave everything at the end and managed to outplay Devens (who really should have been the winner if he had made the final tribal). However, it couldn't help but feel like a letdown because we'd seen so little of him and really had no idea who he was. It really was best of a bad lot.
The producers, knowing the winner, should have given him a much better edit, or given the exiled contestants more to do, seeing as they would turn out to be important.
It was a bad idea, and goes against the ethos of Survivor imo - to have someone who was already voted out win in the end. For me the fun of Survivor is watching who is left and calculating the chances of them winning - not having to worry about a whole bunch of other people who are already gone.
The "bring back former favourites" concept also fails, as those people are immediate targets and no one will keep them around.

Back