Skip to main content

(US) Survivor : Edge Of Extinction

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
Who else will be watching the return of the greatest reality show of all time, on 9GO tonight?

Can I just ask that people keep this thread spoiler-free, only discussing who was eliminated after it airs in Australia (State differences don't matter, that's up to the individual to avoid).
It has already aired in the US and there are spoilers out there.

I liked the first episode. Seems like a good choice of Survivors so far. I didn't realise that there were a few former Survivors coming back but I like the group that came back

I thought it was a good start to the season. I also like all four returning players.
A lot of people go too hard too soon, and get themselves voted out or make themselves seem unlikable,

As for voting someone out because they are "older" - she is 46, so that is ridiculous. I don't think that was the reason though, I think being annoying was more of a factor.

It is slightly unnerving that there is a tribe named after a judge from My Kitchen Rules.

I'm gonna watch. Survivor will forever and always be the best reality show on the tee-vee. I'll be back.......soon.....

I don't like Wardog, it was like he was trying to make it into Big Brother where even a pointless single vote has to be controlled to make him happy.

I'm assuming the second episode has aired in Australia by now, though I don't know why people need to wait when it's downloadable.

I'm assuming the second episode has aired in Australia by now, though I don't know why people need to wait when it's downloadable.

Yes, it airs on Thursday nights.

Bit of an underwhelming start. The "redemption island" format just means it takes longer to get rid of the useless players.

Presumably Extinction Island will feature in the main show. It's something they could do with a spin-off show for really, leaving the main show to focus on the actual game. A couple of specials would do just before the points they can return (IIRC they were going to have two points they can re-enter the game).

Keith is at least on his way out though, not that bad a start compared to some other starts. Too early to say how good it will be. They really should show the votes at the end of the episode though.

And no one is actually going home

It's a strange one. I'm assuming (like most people) that they have to battle each other to get back into the game. The reason that's being held back must be because they are meant to suffer more first to see if anyone walks. But at the same time I find it hard to believe that they would be allowed to suffer that much by the producers anyway, so there's a believability factor to deal with. I do like that those in the game have no idea someone could be coming back, but some actual drama among the outcasts would at least give more justification to the twist.

As far as people being rootable, I think David has had a decent edit to far. Though his position seems weaker at this point.

LOL, so American. The first and second place winners in the reward challenge get "PB & J". That's a huge jar each of peanut butter and jelly. Who but Americans would want that as a reward?

Jeff's thing about referring to players by their surname is jarring at times. I get "Wentworth", but not when someone we barely know is identified as "Rick", yet Jeff calls him "Devins".

Someone mentioned "Do it for Sierra" to Joe. After the show I googled, and it seems that is Sierra Dawn Thomas, who he is dating.

Missed opportunity to get rid of Wardog. All it would have taken would be 3 votes and a whisper to the other tribe.

Back