Skip to main content

US Survivor 42

I like the cast more than last season, too, but it is pretty unique in having two seasons in a row both decidedly low on charisma.
They are going for more ordinary people and it’s a lot more multiracial than it used to be. I’m kinda liking that dynamic and seeing more day to day people playing the game.

They all communicate really well and so I guess it’s not 100% ordinary, but physically they are diverse as it gets. I love eccentric characters.

They are going for more ordinary people and it’s a lot more multiracial than it used to be. I’m kinda liking that dynamic and seeing more day to day people playing the game.

They all communicate really well and so I guess it’s not 100% ordinary, but physically they are diverse as it gets. I love eccentric characters.
haha good general description of us Yanks as opposed to you breathtaking Aussies. We are ordinary, multiracial w/good communication (ignore Drumpf & his minions) & physically very diverse. Cheers

Oh, they are likeable enough and there's some interesting ones this season - but there is no-one with actual charisma. I miss those days.

They only just had the All Stars season to end all All Stars surely. Indeed given how they made a big deal about 41 being a new era I wonder if they might draw the line and only pick future All Stars from 41+. That probably should be the case if they want the show to keep moving forward, but I very much doubt it will.

I do think it's time though they switched to airing it once a year if they want to protect it moving forward. Really 41 should have been the opportunity to replace Jeff too - both in front of and behind the camera.

They only just had the All Stars season to end all All Stars surely. Indeed given how they made a big deal about 41 being a new era I wonder if they might draw the line and only pick future All Stars from 41+. That probably should be the case if they want the show to keep moving forward, but I very much doubt it will.

I do think it's time though they switched to airing it once a year if they want to protect it moving forward. Really 41 should have been the opportunity to replace Jeff too - both in front of and behind the camera.
I dunno, it's still wonderful to me. I've loved it since the first season w/the naked dude lol Not crazy about Sandra (glad Gronk got her out, pity about her daughter's injury). That & all permutations of Amazing Race are my faves

I'm not minding this cast and the theatrics this season. Last one there were some pretty annoying characters but I'm actually liking a whole lot of them this time around.

A lot of people seem to be quite down on this season.. What's the feeling from your own networks over there, BBpenguin88 ? Are they loving it or hating it ?

I'm not minding this cast and the theatrics this season. Last one there were some pretty annoying characters but I'm actually liking a whole lot of them this time around.

A lot of people seem to be quite down on this season.. What's the feeling from your own networks over there, BBpenguin88 ? Are they loving it or hating it ?
oh, we universally love all the seasons even the ones we hate....sometimes we love them even more in a perverse way the hated are memorable & the worst are the boring ones LOL

Yeah, I think that's pretty true, but there has been a lack of main villains as of late and that charisma loss is maybe putting people off. I mean, i'm finding it good that we are seeing really random people for a change, have a go at a million $. But the strategy is getting a little diluted by all these crazy, hard to understand twists in this batch of seasons. Apparently fire tokens aren't coming back due to audience disapproval. So I wonder how Jeff will be moving forward.

Someone said they should replace Jeff, and well I disagree I think he is *the* US Survivor icon. Perhaps he needs help with direction, though. He is taking the direction a bit too all over the place. Regardless, I will keep watching for now as I'm still really invested in it, even with all these mechanics and the new style of fast-paced editing.

Here, just out of interest, is my rough rankings from all seasons I've seen:
  1. Survivor: Pearl Islands
  2. Survivor: All-Stars (s8)
  3. Survivor: Micronesia
  4. Survivor: Cook Islands
  5. Survivor: The Amazon
  6. Survivor: The Australian Outback
  7. Survivor: Africa
  8. Survivor: Borneo
  9. Survivor: San Juan del Sur
  10. Survivor: Worlds Apart
  11. Survivor: Kaôh Rōng
  12. Survivor: Cagayan
  13. Survivor: Cambodia
  14. Survivor: Ghost Island
  15. Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X
  16. Survivor: David vs. Goliath
  17. Survivor: Winners at War
  18. Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
  19. Survivor: Edge of Extinction
  20. Survivor: Island of the Idols
  21. Survivor: Game Changers

Yeah, I think that's pretty true, but there has been a lack of main villains as of late and that charisma loss is maybe putting people off. I mean, i'm finding it good that we are seeing really random people for a change, have a go at a million $. But the strategy is getting a little diluted by all these crazy, hard to understand twists in this batch of seasons. Apparently fire tokens aren't coming back due to audience disapproval. So I wonder how Jeff will be moving forward.

Someone said they should replace Jeff, and well I disagree I think he is *the* US Survivor icon. Perhaps he needs help with direction, though. He is taking the direction a bit too all over the place. Regardless, I will keep watching for now as I'm still really invested in it, even with all these mechanics and the new style of fast-paced editing.

Here, just out of interest, is my rough rankings from all seasons I've seen:
  1. Survivor: Pearl Islands
  2. Survivor: All-Stars (s8)
  3. Survivor: Micronesia
  4. Survivor: Cook Islands
  5. Survivor: The Amazon
  6. Survivor: The Australian Outback
  7. Survivor: Africa
  8. Survivor: Borneo
  9. Survivor: San Juan del Sur
  10. Survivor: Worlds Apart
  11. Survivor: Kaôh Rōng
  12. Survivor: Cagayan
  13. Survivor: Cambodia
  14. Survivor: Ghost Island
  15. Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X
  16. Survivor: David vs. Goliath
  17. Survivor: Winners at War
  18. Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
  19. Survivor: Edge of Extinction
  20. Survivor: Island of the Idols
  21. Survivor: Game Changers
good choices, I have fave people more than seasons I like Jeff too, he is part & parcel w/survivor & Mark Burnett

Why did Chanelle vote Mike?
Surely she knew it was between her and Daniel.
She’s clueless and somewhat annoying.. I don’t mind if she gets voted out, but would have much preferred Lydia got sent packing as she is a nervous mess and not much fun to watch, whereas Daniel is entertainment value. Hai is pretty annoying too for saving Lydia and not bending.

I’m growing really fond of Drea at the moment, please can she get life in this game!!!

Jonathan seems bit detached and not sure what his end game will be.

I am liking this season much more than the Australian season that just finished. After the long drawn out Australian Survivor episodes, US Survivor feels like a breath of fresh air.

I am liking this season much more than the Australian season that just finished. After the long drawn out Australian Survivor episodes, US Survivor feels like a breath of fresh air.any
Anything w/o Gronk squared is a plus. Chuffed to hear someone describe a Yank thing as a breath of fresh air (woot for us Yanks lol)

Back