Skip to main content

US Survivor 42

Just to add to the above, it's going to be another stupid twistfest. isn't it? They will have realised some of their twists were complete duds, but I'm quite sure they will have replaced them with even more over-complicated dud twists.

Not a bad start, but too long, it really dragged in the middle with the challenge going on for an eternity.
But we got to know more people more economically than our version.
The stupid twists are back, including the say something stupid one.
Disappointed with who went home at tribal, I had them pegged as someone to root for.
There are a few I can't stand already.

Not a bad start, but too long, it really dragged in the middle with the challenge going on for an eternity.
But we got to know more people more economically than our version.
The stupid twists are back, including the say something stupid one.
Disappointed with who went home at tribal, I had them pegged as someone to root for.
There are a few I can't stand already.
Yeah that’s a great element of the US version, they treat all of the contestants really equally in the edit and you’re introduced to everyone pretty much on day 1. I really like that, it sets up the framework and some sort of investment in whoever you want.

Aus Survivor is basically like listening to a record, but not a record of your choosing. You gotta deal with what they give you and if you don’t like it then you are overthinking things, because production is in charge of the narrative so ner ner just watch and see what they did there.

The one aspect I don’t like since S41 & 42 is the very edgy editing style. Too much editing chop chop chop and too little watching people while the fire flickers or the water glistens. It’s lost all of that. Hope they cut that out!

The pacing seems really strange after so much Australian Survivor.
It seems like watching a condensed episode, especially the way the voting was handled as a montage, then after the ad break Jeff is already reading the votes.

Maryanne's crush on Zach was cute, Maybe it can still happen.

Yeah that’s a great element of the US version, they treat all of the contestants really equally in the edit and you’re introduced to everyone pretty much on day 1. I really like that, it sets up the framework and some sort of investment in whoever you want.

Aus Survivor is basically like listening to a record, but not a record of your choosing. You gotta deal with what they give you and if you don’t like it then you are overthinking things, because production is in charge of the narrative so ner ner just watch and see what they did there.

The one aspect I don’t like since S41 & 42 is the very edgy editing style. Too much editing chop chop chop and too little watching people while the fire flickers or the water glistens. It’s lost all of that. Hope they cut that out!
Mostly lurking, but thought I'd post my link to Survivor USA here. Good contrast to Survivor Aus where I'm rooting for anyone but Mark. Cheers! https://srsone.click/show/survivor This is a great link for all things Big Brother too https://videobrother.net/live-stream

I didn't enjoy that episode much.
It was pretty shoddy, with the bad decisions made by the production team really showing.

Firstly the immunity/reward challenge sees two tribes skip a level because the task was undoable, which is pretty much cheating.

Then there was the clumsiness of the shared idol repeated message/you lose your vote mess.
Worst of all, the new style "talk over each other" tribal council, where no one understands what is going on, and Jeff has to tell them to STFU because he isn't ready to explain yet how the votes disappeared.
Then you have excruciatingly uncharismatic people arguing over who should be sent home.

I didn't enjoy that episode much.
It was pretty shoddy, with the bad decisions made by the production team really showing.

Firstly the immunity/reward challenge sees two tribes skip a level because the task was undoable, which is pretty much cheating.

Then there was the clumsiness of the shared idol repeated message/you lose your vote mess.
Worst of all, the new style "talk over each other" tribal council, where no one understands what is going on, and Jeff has to tell them to STFU because he isn't ready to explain yet how the votes disappeared.
Then you have excruciatingly uncharismatic people arguing over who should be sent home.
Anything w/Daniel, I dislike grrrrrrr

True, I'd rather just see people continue to nearly drown in the water instead of having them *CHEAT* and stay alive.
Which surely reflects my point of the task being 'undoable'.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have stopped it, only that it was ill-conceived from the start.

I just think that cheating is a bizarre word choice, but if that's also one of your biggest complaints then it was probably a perfectly acceptable episode. The editing was almost as poorly balanced as Australian Survivor, but I thought the dynamics of the vote were interesting enough. Three episodes in and we're still well ahead of where 41 was at thankfully.

This season is:

- Same as S41
- An improvement on S41
- Worse than S41

So far I don't feel inclined to even give it a chance. Should I wait until S43?

Which surely reflects my point of the task being 'undoable'.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have stopped it, only that it was ill-conceived from the start.
Pretty sure the challenge was built and tested around much calmer water. The heavy winds made the challenge become undoable. Can’t control nature?

I actually enjoyed this episode and liking the cast more than last season.

I like the cast more than last season, too, but it is pretty unique in having two seasons in a row both decidedly low on charisma.

At the very least the tribe that actually won should have received both rewards.
They were all so exhausted & had nothing to look forward to on their return. Thought they might just feed them since they nearly drowned.

Back