Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

He's fucked up big time over China....

A bad time to pick a fight with China
By David A. Andelman
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/27/opinions/trumps-first-war-could-start-here-andelman/index.html

China can only view Trump's decision to withdraw from the TPP with delight tinged with caution. On the one hand, this intemperate American decision is only calculated to push many Asian nations that have counted on this agreement that held the promise of neutralizing Chinese influence in the region, to make nice with the nation that is now clearly dominant, cementing a regional leadership that Trump should prefer to avoid.
Such a renewal of Chinese power would make it even less likely to negotiate any kind of favorable trade or tariff pact with the United States. And it would leave China with an open mandate to pursue its will in the South China Sea. As GOP Sen. John McCain tweeted on Monday: "Withdrawing from #TPP abdicates US leadership in #Asia to #China - US can't win if we forfeit opportunity."

Not exactly! I was flicking around the Internet and got onto page 1 by accident. But then it was interesting to read!
yes I have just skimmed back through some pages in this thread... it actually is an interesting dialogue on the feelings of many bbb users throughout the race and beyond.

yes I have just skimmed back through some pages in this thread... it actually is an interesting dialogue on the feelings of many bbb users throughout the race and beyond.

not as interesting as my dearly departed threads though.

I do hope there's a punch line to all this.

this is no joke. i am deadly serious in my admiration for Trump. I am just toning down some of my enthusiasm for Trump, but that doesn't mean i can't get excited about the great stuff that he is doing for America.

He MAY have accidentally made a great point once or twice (Shakespeare and monkeys etc), but he makes a helluva lot more very very very stupid points.

I do not believe that for a second. And apologies but I think that is a highly naïve attitude. Personally I really can not find anything to like about the man.

Donald Trump is human. He has the same dreams and fears as the rest of us.

I don't think i have a naive attitude. I just like to think the best of certain people.

I can find heaps of things to like about Donald Trump.

HEAPS!

Donald Trump is human. He has the same dreams and fears as the rest of us.

I don't think i have a naive attitude. I just like to think the best of certain people.

I can find heaps of things to like about Donald Trump.

HEAPS!
Have you ever heard of confirmation bias? Why are you not prepared to find the good in all?

Reactions: kxk
Back