Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

You guys. I'm scared to read what you all think of our election. But I will read this thread to see how badly America is coming across to you all.
I'm not sure how we got to this point really.

Are any of the Republican voters here still going to vote that way now that Mr Trump is looking like being very real this close to November?

Eight facts about Donald Trump's vice presidential running mate

1. He endorsed Ted Cruz for president
Pence did not initially support Trump.

Cruz = very close to insane.
There is a stupid reason Trump is the Republican candidate = the rest were even loonier

2. He backed the Tea Party movement
One of Pence's former advisers told NBC that even before the 2010 summer of discontent between conservatives and the establishment, Pence was tuned into the populist strain of the party.

Tea Party = creeps
They consider universal health cover to be communist evil

3. He's well-connected with donors
Pence has strong ties to billionaire donors Charles and David Koch, including current and former staff members who have worked for them.

Trump is largely self funding. Continues because nobody donates to Trump, and Hilary gets squillions

4. He's a 'Christian' social conservative
Pence sometimes describes himself as "a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order."
Pence in 2015 signed a religious freedom law that critics said opened the door to anti-gay discrimination. ...
He also has pushed restrictive abortion regulations and has pushed for Congress to defund Planned Parenthood, a nonprofit women's health provider that performs some abortions.

He is poo.

5. He criticised the Wall Street bailout

He was a vocal opponent of the 2008 Wall Street bailout.
Is dumb

6. He opposed the Syrian refugees coming to the US

Pence opposed allowing Syrian refugees coming to the United States to settle in Indiana.
In November 2015, the governor directed state agencies to suspend the resettlement of Syrians there. A family that was supposed to arrive in December was instead sent to Connecticut.
Is xenophobic & sneaky

7. He's facing a competitive reelection
At least, he was. Pence will have to drop out of his reelection bid now if he becomes Trump's vice-presidential nominee — which may be a good thing for him, given the religious freedom debate did Pence no favours in his reelection bid. Sensing an opportunity in a state that's been trending red lately, Democrats re-recruited businessman John Gregg, who has described himself as a "gun-totin,' Bible-quotin,' Southern Indiana Democrat."
Is a loser, getting bailed

8. Pence grew up as a Democrat
And idolising John F. Kennedy. Pence told CBN News in a 2010 interview: "It may be that I grew up in a big Irish Catholic family .
And, confused like his stupid mate.......

Can they under the US system, go with Republicans, but break away as maverick indies?

Is Trump possibly a big fat joke? When it gets to the end, he will just walk away and bow to Hillary - his intention is to get her elected???
And then he can laugh, and say see I am clever, tricked ya, killed the Republicans

Is Trump possibly a big fat joke? When it gets to the end, he will just walk away and bow to Hillary - his intention is to get her elected???
And then he can laugh, and say see I am clever, tricked ya, killed the Republicans
We were having that conversation in this house the other day. If Trump was actually trolling the entire country to see how far he can push things and how ridiculous he can go and people still vote for him, I actually think I would like and respect him a whole lot more than I currently do!

Reactions: kxk
We were having that conversation in this house the other day. If Trump was actually trolling the entire country to see how far he can push things and how ridiculous he can go and people still vote for him, I actually think I would like and respect him a whole lot more than I currently do!
Why do I think that's not at all outside the realms of possibility. The weirdness is going to be if he actually wins this thing.

Not much has changed since the Barnum & Bailey days eh Don
giphy.gif

The veteran U.S. columnist George Will is a lifelong Republican, yet now says that he wants to see Hillary Clinton win all 50 states. He told me: ‘Don’t listen to anybody who says Trump is not as bad as he is made out. He’s worse.’

Will abandoned the Republicans after spending some hours alone with Trump, an experience that convinced him the candidate is quite as stupid and ignorant as he seems.

Will’s is one of many voices — especially influential because of his long history as a Republican sage — warning that with Trump, what you see and hear is what you will get, with disastrous consequences.....

The tycoon lacks a single credible adviser. The shambolic nature of his campaign was laid bare at the party convention, not least when his wife’s speech proved to have been copied from one of Michelle Obama’s.....

So what are the chances of this extraordinary figure winning in November? Do not exclude the possibility. Hillary Clinton, who has waged a pretty wretched campaign, could yet implode or fall victim to a new scandal.

In the privacy of the polling booth, some Americans who do not today admit support for Trump could embrace what they see as the exhilarating option of flushing traditional Washington down the sewer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rump-stupid-ignorant-seems.html#ixzz4F6Y5LZiz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anyone else have this horrible feeling Trump will win in November? Because I do!

@Rose711 I don't know how you yanks deal with these very VERY long nomination/election processes. Our eight week campaign was bad enough I can only assume y'all are at the pulling out your hair stage.

I didn't think it was possible six months ago. Now I think it's possible. I don't understand it really. He seems close to insane to me. Not psychosis insane. But delusional insane. But I think it's possible someone insane will (again) be in a position of enormous power at great risk to the stability of our world.

I didn't think it was possible six months ago. Now I think it's possible. I don't understand it really. He seems close to insane to me. Not psychosis insane. But delusional insane. But I think it's possible someone insane will (again) be in a position of enormous power at great risk to the stability of our world.

It's going to be a wild ride that's for sure.

I wish I could say Trump's unelectable, but: They elected Reagan, twice. They elected Bush Jnr, twice. Isn't electing Trump, twice, just the next logical step in the descent into complete and utter idiocy for conservative America?

Back