Skip to main content

Under the Dome

Juniors craziness will be explained.
Read the book, really like it.

Yes ;) It all makes sense. Funny how they never look like you expect them to.
The only book to movie that the characters looked how I imagined was the Hunger Games and Hermoine in Harry Potter.

The only book to movie that the characters looked how I imagined was the Hunger Games and Hermoine in Harry Potter.
Emma is good isn't she.
Harry was exactly as I pictured him - and I (& others I'm sure) even cast him in my own mind before/same as producers.
Daniel was in a Dickens story, can't recall which, aged about 4-5ish.
He was stunning the younger he was, at that age he was such a beautiful little boy with intense blue eyes & the black hair, he just was Harry......but he didn't quite grow the way I saw book Harry did he?
And Rupert was pretty good, I pictured the character a bit more like the fun twins.
Richard Harris is another perfect casting, so sad he died he was lovely as Dumbledore.

Emma is good isn't she.
Harry was exactly as I pictured him - and I (& others I'm sure) even cast him in my own mind before/same as producers.
He was stunning the younger he was, at that age he was such a beautiful little boy with intense blue eyes & the black hair, he just was Harry......but he didn't quite grow the way I saw book Harry did he?
And Rupert was pretty good, I pictured the character a bit more like the fun twins.
Richard Harris is another perfect casting, so sad he died he was lovely as Dumbledore.

I love Emma :) I agree with Rupert - I pictured him like the twins as well.
Yes - Richard Harris was terrific. I thought Malfoy could have been meaner looking.

okay, I watched episode 1 again last night coz I'd missed the first 5 minutes and was only giving it slip-stream attention the first time around anyway.

First up, I didn't realise that the "blondy victim down a well" character was actually a grubby/feral scrubber/slapper who leads on her screw and then heads off to work smelling of coitus/fornication and then spends her meal break cracking onto a stranger and dropping the unsubtle hint that she would not mind him taking her away from her life.

What a charming little miss that one is ...

Next up, I didn't realise that the stranger in town is somebody who had just killed and buried somebody ... namely the husband of the woman who has just done the good samaritan thing and put a roof over his head for at least the night.

Near to lastly (coz I'm not ready to devote too much to this series as yet), I didn't realise that the "dome" came DOWN like a, well, "dome". Hmmmm, perhaps it isn't a spherical field after all ... though I guess we are soon to learn that it can't be dug under anyway ... not that anybody on either side of it appears to have tried but instead has been too busy rigging up spotlights and road blocks and having parties on a sliced in half bridge.

Lastly, I think what I find most disappointing about the first episode is that is doesn't introduce much in the way of instantly likeable characters. A couple of poor helpless teens left on their own coz mummy is on the other side of the dome, a big mouth car salesman full of hubris who acts like the town will decend into anarchy and helplessness without him (but who doesn't seem to know anything about what his son does when back home in smalltown), a visiting murderer (who I presume will eventually be revealed to be licensed to kill, ie, working undercover or on a military mission or private dick or something), and a town full of sleepy nobodies, etc, etc, etc.

Meh to all of them @ the moment. Sure, they are "all in this together", but who cares if they are under the dome or not ?

I suspect that many of the town's own population would not care either way.

regarDS

Emma is good isn't she.

Daniel Radcliffe did NOT grow up to be a handsome and sexy man :(

Last edited:
Yeah except katniss, Jennifer is gorgeous but she's not some skinny little runt - should have cast me!!!
okay, I watched episode 1 again last night coz I'd missed the first 5 minutes and was only giving it slip-stream attention the first time around anyway.

First up, I didn't realise that the "blondy victim down a well" character was actually a grubby/feral scrubber/slapper who leads on her screw and then heads off to work smelling of coitus/fornication and then spends her meal break cracking onto a stranger and dropping the unsubtle hint that she would not mind him taking her away from her life.

What a charming little miss that one is ...

Next up, I didn't realise that the stranger in town is somebody who had just killed and buried somebody ... namely the husband of the woman who has just done the good samaritan thing and put a roof over his head for at least the night.

Near to lastly (coz I'm not ready to devote too much to this series as yet), I didn't realise that the "dome" came DOWN like a, well, "dome". Hmmmm, perhaps it isn't a spherical field after all ... though I guess we are soon to learn that it can't be dug under anyway ... not that anybody on either side of it appears to have tried but instead has been too busy rigging up spotlights and road blocks and having parties on a sliced in half bridge.

Lastly, I think what I find most disappointing about the first episode is that is doesn't introduce much in the way of instantly likeable characters. A couple of poor helpless teens left on their own coz mummy is on the other side of the dome, a big mouth car salesman full of hubris who acts like the town will decend into anarchy and helplessness without him (but who doesn't seem to know anything about what his son does when back home in smalltown), a visiting murderer (who I presume will eventually be revealed to be licensed to kill, ie, working undercover or on a military mission or private dick or something), and a town full of sleepy nobodies, etc, etc, etc.

Meh to all of them @ the moment. Sure, they are "all in this together", but who cares if they are under the dome or not ?

I suspect that many of the town's own population would not care either way.

regarDS
Poor old derps, revisit this thread at the end huh?
And as for likeable characters this is a Stephen King novel..

So, Eastern Staters, is tonight's episode worth watching ?

[ADIT] Too late ... I started watching.

Oh looky, military dog tags coming adrift within the first minute. Looks like I managed to call that one ...

regarDS

Last edited:
So the dome is sort of porous (water)???

and some ?radio waves are leaking through???

So will the smoke disperse also? :rolleyes:

They're going to run out of cops real fast at this rate...

They still haven't dealt with the sphere/done issue and digging out, though the old farmer wanted to give it a go, sewage, food, water, air etc...

The mad cop seems to have the clearest idea of the potential problems at least...

The dome does let water seep through so that will be of some importance.
Unfortunately the spray on door was of no use! :(

No real reason, I just got over it. The first season was OK, not anything special and I cnbf keep up with it again this year.

Back