Skip to main content

TOKYO 2020

Another great day of competition.

Good performances in the pool again...Ariarne Titmus and Kyle Chalmers what can I say?

Well done Boomers, Kookaburras, Jessica Fox and to all the Aussies who've progressed in their sports (as usual, I'm having trouble keeping up with everything...so much to watch but so little time).

I have to add...while Katie Ledecky is a phenomenal swimmer and has the track record to prove it is she a phenomenal champion? She's definitely a champion in the pool but is she as a person? To not acknowledge a competitor and call someone 'her' instead of saying their name seems so petty and childish to me and as an Olympic champion she should be a little bit more gracious imo.

How good is Ariarne!? I love that they call her Arnie / Terminator! And only 20 years old!! Good on her. That Ledecky has an atrocious attitude. I think she's just intimidated by Arnie and the fact that she's big competition. You can be the greatest athlete in the world, but if you're attitude is disgusting then whats the point?

Jess Fox had an amazing run, big hopes for her! Hockey teams also playing well. Interestingly our table tennis team is supposedly a medal chance haha. I was watching a bit yesterday and thought I hit fast forward or something because it was SO QUICK!

1627247503891.png

With a medal of every colour secured on Day 2, the Australian Olympic Team look poised for more podium success on Day 3.

The day is headlined by the blockbuster contest between our 20-year-old Ariarne Titmus and the USA's Katie Ledecky - one of the greatest swimmers of all time - in the 400m freestyle final.

Australians will compete in 19 sports today, with medals up for grabs in eight of the sports that the green and gold will contest.

Action starts at 7:30am AEST with the swimming finals starting at 11:30am AEST.

1627337012555.png

There are more women than men on the Tokyo 2020 Team and today is shaping up as one of those days where the women could dominate the headlines for Australia.

The Opals start their campaign, the Matildas take on USA, Jess Fox is chasing her third Olympic medal in Canoe Slalom, our women triathletes race, our female weightlifters start their campaigns, Sally Fitzgibbons (Surfing) is in form and Kaylee McKeown and Emily Seebohm race the 100m backstroke final. Plus, the Kookaburras and Sharks continue their quest for the podium.

We have athletes competing across 18 sports today. Action starts at 7:30am AEST (Triathlon) followed by Surfing at 8am AEST and the Swimming finals starting at 11:30am AEST.

Her reaction was priceless! 🤣 😍

As was Sally Fitzgibbons...very moving also but in a very different way. 😭

Last edited:
I was reading up on Owen's story! How amazing to see how far he's come. What an absolute champ.
And Jess Fox!!! Omg so close, but that last penalty cost her the Gold. She must have been gutted. But still, Bronze at the Olympics is nothing to sneeze at when you're competing against the best in the world!!!

1627420185590.png

After a two-day hiatus, the rowing competition continues today and we have four boats gunning for gold.

The Quadruple Sculls and Fours for both men and women are in the line-up - both boats in the Fours qualified fastest.

In the pool, Ariarne Titmus and Katie Ledecky race again in the 200m Freestyle final and the Men's 4x200m Relay will be in the mix for gold.

Our road cyclists have a great chance in the Time Trial.

Back