Skip to main content

TOKYO 2020

I'll be watching! I LOVE the Olympics and Comm Games. I love swimming and cycling but I also enjoy seeing sports that I normally wouldn't have the opportunity of seeing. Can't wait! I hope they go smoothly for all concerned.

Same here, big fan of both sets of games! The Comm Games are always great because Australia dominates so hard haha!
Best thing about the games being in Tokyo is they are only an hour behind us, so perfect timing for us to watch!

I too am a lover of the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. I usually take a few days up to a week off work to watch it on TV. Must do a check of whether I can get some time off in July/August.

Big games fan, feel so sorry for poor Japan, so unfair they will have spent lots with little return
They no longer want it, but have to continue

I usually treat OG like a 2 week holiday from anything else going on

Comm games, went to the Melbourne games, great fun

I love swimming and diving the most

I went to the Comm Games in the GC for a week and had a great time. Such a good vibe - can only imagine how Sydney must have felt during the 2000 Games (I was only a kid then, have some memories of going to the athletics at Stadium Australia and watching the opening ceremony on TV, but everyone reckons the atmosphere in Sydney for those two weeks was brilliant!)

Swimming is my favourite too!

Reactions: kxk
I went to the Comm Games in the GC for a week and had a great time. Such a good vibe - can only imagine how Sydney must have felt during the 2000 Games (I was only a kid then, have some memories of going to the athletics at Stadium Australia and watching the opening ceremony on TV, but everyone reckons the atmosphere in Sydney for those two weeks was brilliant!)

Went to a handful of events at the Melbourne Comm Games 2006.We were there to see Kerryn McCann win the marathon. A very special moment.

Where about did you go on the Gold Coast?

I note this is generally a 80% anti Sport community haha!
You’re in a community of gays and woman... I’m not sure how you could expect that percentage to be lower. I’m not saying either can’t or don’t like sports but merely stating a fact.

You’re in a community of gays and woman... I’m not sure how you could expect that percentage to be lower. I’m not saying either can’t or don’t like sports but merely stating a fact.
Interesting take. Im not sure random demographics have any bearing really. Individuals like individual things not tied to a demographic..
To think otherwise perpetuates generalisations.

Interesting take. Im not sure random demographics have any bearing really. Individuals like individual things not tied to a demographic..
To think otherwise perpetuates generalisations.
Behind a stereotype lays some truth... It’s only harmful if it perpetuates a negative view and is generally applied to all members of a particular group. I don’t think my statement meets that criteria.

Behind a stereotype lays some truth... It’s only harmful if it perpetuates a negative view and is generally applied to all members of a particular group. I don’t think my statement meets that criteria.
Stereotypes are inherently unproductive and encourage hiveminds. Not arguing kingy. But stereotypes are like rolling stones which gather moss to the general unenlightened masses.

That wasn't meant to be a crack at anyone, I was just seeing if their were any other people that were interested.
Apologies if anyone took offence.

Olympics behind closed doors is going to be weird!
Apparently Ticket Sales alone were estimated to bring in US$820M.
Poor Japan! They've really been fucked over by this.

Back