Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

I tend to side with Witty a bit on this one. Tim pitched 1001 ideas for TV shows to 9 which they rejected. (Ben & Tim). Wildlife show with Tim. More pieces for Getaway and postcards. They rejected them and stuck him in The Apprentice whilst he still had cachet.
Ive no doubt he has legit gripes with 9 but he has gripes and some of them a bit sour.
One side of story. Tim thinking he is so so so unique and intelligent and one of a kind. And he is the uber strategist.
Im a fan and people like his antics and outspokeness. But thats his "shtick". And any sustainable TV career is not really feasible.
He thought and still does not understand why there is no smart enough network in the world to produce a "Tim Dormer" show.
He is funny. He brought me laughs. But the TV dream he should probably let go.
As for any shady cast selection, pre-existing plotines, production or editing on these programs, its par for the course and we know it. He certainly knows it. Did he complain much when his housemate in real life got a gig the very next year?
Hope he does find something. He is a talented fellow. But the master strategist and man who always bucks trends has a finite shelf life. Particularly on Television. It gets a bit grating when you tell people how clever and strategic you are.Especially in hindsight. Compared to us ordinary plebs who can only manage to set one foot in front of the other.
Having said all that, good on him. If he relaxed a little on the "Tim" brand I reckon he might fund something rewarding and interesting as a vocation.

I tend to side with Witty a bit on this one. Tim pitched 1001 ideas for TV shows to 9 which they rejected. (Ben & Tim). Wildlife show with Tim. More pieces for Getaway and postcards. They rejected them and stuck him in The Apprentice whilst he still had cachet.
Ive no doubt he has legit gripes with 9 but he has gripes and some of them a bit sour.
One side of story. Tim thinking he is so so so unique and intelligent and one of a kind. And he is the uber strategist.
Im a fan and people like his antics and outspokeness. But thats his "shtick". And any sustainable TV career is not really feasible.
He thought and still does not understand why there is no smart enough network in the world to produce a "Tim Dormer" show.
As for any shady cast selection, pre-existing plotines, production or editing on these programs, its par for the course and we know it. He certainly knows it. Did he complain much when his housemate in real life got a gig the very next year?
Hope he does find something. He is a talented fellow. But the master strategist and man who always bucks trends has a finite shelf life. Particularly on Television. It gets a bit grating when you tell people how clever and strategic you are.Especially in hindsight. Compared to us ordinary plebs who can only manage to set one foot in front of the other.
Having said all that, good on him. If he relaxed a little on the "Tim" brand I reckon he might fund something rewarding and interesting as a vocation.

network tv isn't any good anyway. Tim should try to focus on producing online content. Better produced youtube videos. Stuff like that. I agree with you about his thing getting tired.

His voice is, plain and simple, annoying and he's too OTT for me. I liked him on BB but he's grating now. He does have a finite shelf life.

network tv isn't any good anyway. Tim should try to focus on producing online content. Better produced youtube videos. Stuff like that. I agree with you about his thing getting tired.
Network TV being what is and how it is produced today is almost a complete anathema to the very concept of BB.
Dramality, an audition pool full of wanna be reality stars, editing, storylines-all possible because of no live feeds. No real live programming. A production team mulls over footage for the day and creates and enhances narratives. And thats a wrap folks!
The future of it is only possible through live feeds, live shows....and....you know....live.
As it exists it is a pretty box with nice bow with nothing inside.
No amount of clever production can replicate what the very idea is about.
Enjoy it now in its present form as you would MKR or any other largely scripted reality show.

The thing I love about this post isn't the fact our forums were mentioned on International Big Brother Again

Its the fact the author has probably been the first user ever to include tages in the post :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

the email wasn't even that bad though. and besides they should have known what they were getting with Tim.
There is a pretty reasonable chance that Tim, now an employee rather than a contestant, would have signed a non-disclosure agreement in his contract.

Thats true. Tim also had a non-disclosure agreement with himself not to post his real life bank details after winning BB.
He broke that one. Probably another strategic move and one I havent managed to figure out.:p

Thats true. Tim also had a non-disclosure agreement with himself not to post his real life bank details after winning BB.
He broke that one. Probably another strategic move and one I havent managed to figure out.:p

He said on the feeds that he did stuff to be remembered & everything was strategic.

IMO: He didn't really give out his bank details.

Hey was just wondering where they said Skye was meant to win it? I understand she got more air time but did they actually say it?

This is some pretty serious stuff
no, its just tim and forum members once again taking another opportunity to have a cheap shot at skye.

Love that the BB Canada producers are just letting this air too. Obviously it helps they have the live feeds in the first place but you know damn well in Australia or the UK at the moment they would cut such talk incase the implication was they pulled such tricks too. I guess the Canadian producers have enough confidence in the way they quite ethically run the show that they don't mind such talk both on the live feeds and in the house itself.

...that is a very good point there Brekkie... and surprising too of them allowing that to air... I agree with you about their "confidence in the way that they quite ethically run the show"... it kinda tells us that even though BB Worldwide are all parts of the same apple that some segments are so different when separated... good on BB Canada for allowing that to be aired... after that video above posted by Sleepysonic and that email posted by DigitalCorp way back then it really goes along with what we have always suspected about all of the manipulation within the 'reality' of any type of of 'Reality Show' doesn't it?...

...it's a refreshing change to get some sort of valid confirmation... I would love to see Tim snapped up by some other TV Channel and used against one of Channel 9's higher rating shows and beat it in the ratings... that would really put a rocket right up Channel 9's arse wouldn't it?... lol!... it would be brilliant to see Tim in "I'm a celebrity get me outta here"... he would so annoy so many other so-called 'Celebrities' for the time that he spent in that camp lol!...

...okay... I have a dream... Channel 10 snaps up the rights to Big Brother and have Tim Dormer Produce it... he would most likely take the show back to it's grass roots and 'make it real' as it used to be... he would allow the Live feeds to run 24/7... there would be no more 'storylines'... the contestants would be the people that go through the actual process of auditioning the old fashioned way and none of them would have an Agent or be tied to an Agency either... there would be Unicorns and Rainbows and the birds would sing and... and... um... er... sorry about that I just went off into LaLah Land for a few seconds there peoples... right!... back to reality... again... sorry about that... just remember... dreams are free... I'll shut up now... cheers.

Back