Skip to main content

Thursday showdowns

meandyou

So we went from Saturday showdowns with a host that nobody seemed to like and last years housemate Michael butchering the commentating, to last night a show that seemed to be squashed into the daily show. Anyone else think it needed at least maybe one host or Goldman commentating on it instead of the normal voice over style voice.:confused: Just lacked any punch to it.

Not at all, having it included as part of the Daily Show was perfect. It's not like we're getting any less footage of the games now than what we were either, which is good. If they wanted to do it separately they should have gone about it differently than they did - the original format they presented just didn't work at all.

I'm very satisfied with how it is now.

I'm fine with it. It's just like last years captains quarters challenges now. All that stuff they had on Saturday with the hosts was only good if it actually ran for 2 hours or so and was totally live as they would do with fnl. Since it wasn't I'm not fussed.

exactly ... and the inane commentary when you knew it wasn't live ... there was just no excuse for it! Too forced and fake!

I'm happy with a short showdown. A whole episode just for showdown gets boring because you don't get to see any natural interactions/conversations. Having a host was completely unnecessary.

Did they change it because having the hosts was an absolute bomb?

I liked Michael in the house but he wasn't even funny as a commentator :/

This version is a vast improvement.

And thankfully 9 have probably sacked boring Michael - and have a real star in their sights, TIMMY, and his wingman of course DREW

The ratings were dismal that's why. Plus, it's so much better the way it is now. Also, the set/tasks were so cheap!

From the beginning, they always said it would only be 4 weeks long. So they just moved it forward a week.

I liked much better without the hosts.

Specially not Michael, he was unbearable to watch, he looked so uncomfortable.

For me it was very good, I felt I saw more of the HMs, which is what I wanted from the start.

I liked the old Friday Night Live more. It was more of an event, this is just like a few quick tasks in a small arena and yet it's for something that is very important in the game (save and replace). Ruling out HMs at the start with blind man's buff just seemed beyond stupid. Before you had a chance to get back in the games as well, it was much more interesting. They've just got cheaper and the switch to Thursday has just resulted in it getting even more cheap. They seem to be cutting down the shows now.

Loved how a 1 hour show (wasn't it two hours in the Friday Night Live) is now just 9 minutes in a daily show - and that's more than enough.

Back