Skip to main content

This years BB for me has been meh.

Longbow

Self Destructoid
I'm not exaggerating when i say that this has been the "weirdest" BB i have ever seen. I've watched all the episodes, I'm all caught up. Yet it feels like I'm not caught up, it feels like for a daily episodic television show I've only been watching one episode a week. It feels incredibly disjointed. Like coming in at season 4 episode 5 of Lost when you've only watched season 1 episode 1.

It's confusing most of the time, like nominations for example. Sometimes when HM's nominate someone for a certain reason i scratch my head thinking "huh?, how come?" only for ch9 to provide context for the situation through sepia fucking filtered flashbacks. Great, just what i wanted all the interesting conversations relegated to a 5 second sepia filtered flashback compared to the minute or two long conversations of the past. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching the Gilmore Girls too, it's just a little quick banter between a couple of HM's before the next scene which is... you guessed it, a quick banter between another couple of HM's all of which is inconsequential.

Then we see HM's snap at each other for no reason until we have to rely on either Goldman filling us in or a HM in passing comment saying "they've been like that since breakfast", then show us what happened at fucking breakfast! Oh no wait... we will see that... later on in a sepia filtered flashback, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Was it me too or did the latest episode start with what's his face... ah, i'm typing while thinking here.... fuck... Harry Potter dude, he was doing his farewell message at the start of the program yet at the end of the show was the task result with Potter still in the house. Was that just the feed i got? If not *fucking facepalm to the fucking moon*

Producing BB seems like a more difficult task than landing a robot on a comet.

I dunno, this series has almost lost me, I'm watching it not through interest anymore but simply to poke at it for fun (not really different from other years with poking for fun but at least i was invested and had interest in them).

If you do renew the BB contract ch9. I have three words. LIFT YOUR GAME.

The general consensus is that this season has been the worst, I think.

In fact, if someone came up to me and told me that they've thoroughly enjoyed this season, I wouldn't believe them.
I thoroughly *cringes as trying to keep straight face* en-jo-yed this 'season'...

I thoroughly *cringes as trying to keep straight face* en-jo-yed this 'season'...
*slap* Now... you know you deserved that don't you? Yes you did. Now come right over here and sit down on this comfy couch, think about what you just said, I'll boil the kettle for a cuppa and we'll talk about something better to distract ourselves.

They may get to watch the hm's during the day but I'm sure they forget that we can't do that. Old news to them is a complete mystery to us. It's not the way it's supposed to be. Definite fail this year and it's not the hm's fault, I think they had potential. It's that we were drip fed boring repetitive footage that's out of context and out of chronological order.

I'm not exaggerating when i say that this has been the "weirdest" BB i have ever seen. I've watched all the episodes, I'm all caught up. Yet it feels like I'm not caught up, it feels like for a daily episodic television show I've only been watching one episode a week. It feels incredibly disjointed. Like coming in at season 4 episode 5 of Lost when you've only watched season 1 episode 1.

It's confusing most of the time, like nominations for example. Sometimes when HM's nominate someone for a certain reason i scratch my head thinking "huh?, how come?" only for ch9 to provide context for the situation through sepia fucking filtered flashbacks. Great, just what i wanted all the interesting conversations relegated to a 5 second sepia filtered flashback compared to the minute or two long conversations of the past. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching the Gilmore Girls too, it's just a little quick banter between a couple of HM's before the next scene which is... you guessed it, a quick banter between another couple of HM's all of which is inconsequential.

Then we see HM's snap at each other for no reason until we have to rely on either Goldman filling us in or a HM in passing comment saying "they've been like that since breakfast", then show us what happened at fucking breakfast! Oh no wait... we will see that... later on in a sepia filtered flashback, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Was it me too or did the latest episode start with what's his face... ah, i'm typing while thinking here.... fuck... Harry Potter dude, he was doing his farewell message at the start of the program yet at the end of the show was the task result with Potter still in the house. Was that just the feed i got? If not *fucking facepalm to the fucking moon*

Producing BB seems like a more difficult task than landing a robot on a comet.

I dunno, this series has almost lost me, I'm watching it not through interest anymore but simply to poke at it for fun (not really different from other years with poking for fun but at least i was invested and had interest in them).

If you do renew the BB contract ch9. I have three words. LIFT YOUR GAME.

^^^THISgarfield.png

I agree with your most of your points - but even with real producers who aren't sacks of shit it is still hard to predict what housemates will reference at nomination time so sepia flahsbacks are always going to be around.

Even with a 1 hour daily show it isn't really enough to cover the mundane shit that annoy housemates.

TOTALLY agree with you. It's been ratshit mostly. It's so disjointed and we've missed heaps of things that have happened which is evident by evicted housemates saying "oh wow I can't believe they didn't show that" .... WTF Channel 9???

At this point I care more about who DOESN'T win than who does .... pretty sad state of affairs

You sound like John.

Anyway, I agree. This season is gonna be a bad one. But it depends on the winner either way - the winner will be the dealbreaker here.

You sound like John.

Anyway, I agree. This season is gonna be a bad one. But it depends on the winner either way - the winner will be the dealbreaker here.
Um who is John?

This season is the worst by far. Too gimmicky for me to start with and the continuity is whacked.

I've come this far so I may as well stick it out until the end.:p

Yep I hear ya, HOWEVER if the final 2 are Travis and Skye I'm pretty sure I have to wash my hair that night :tongue:
Bwahaha, good one Chloegirl :laugh::thumbsup:

Oh yeah. I hear ya too. I'm sure I'll have "something" to do that night also (thinking of excuses now if this travesty happens).

:whistling:

You're not alone. I've think a lot of people have felt this way this year.
Such a shame especially since the 2013 season was pretty good. :(

Back