Skip to main content

This is low

oddjob

:(/:madd:

https://www.theage.com.au/entertain...ps-finding-fresh-victims-20180622-p4zn7k.html

"I was deeply traumatised ... [the producers] obviously wanted to get the story out me."
- Kate Gladman, Big Brother, season seven

Eighteen months before appearing on Big Brother, Kate Gladman had a stillborn baby. The producers knew this – which explains Gladman's distress when they gave her a crying doll to nurse. "The blood just drained from my face," she tells You Can't Ask That. "I said, 'You've done this deliberately. I want to leave the house.'"​

...the sad thing about that article is that it just adds more proof as to what Gary and George are doing on Masterchef night after night... ANYONE on ANY so-called 'Reality Show' are just pure cannon fodder to whichever Producer is running the show... what they did to Kate was to show no 'duty of care' for what her mental state could've been with her reaction to that situation... anything to get stuff that fits into the Producers set 'storyline' for each contestant... they should be able to be sued for damages but that will never happen due to their 'fine print' contracts obviously... but!...

...if you're that desperate just to get your face onto TV and you sign your soul over to the Devil then you shouldn't be so surprised when they screw you over Live on TV and deliberately demean and embarrass you should you?... nobody forces them to sign it... they tempt you with visions of future fame and glory such as getting your own TV show out of it then you're seriously gullible in my minds eye...

...nobody gets something for free in 'Reality TV'... it just doesn't happen... I feel sorry for these people because it's just being plain mean to them but nobody forced them to sign the contract and the Producers are quite well aware of it... but it's not only the Producers faults either... don't forget the resident so-called 'Psychologists' and 'Psychiatrists' that screen them before they go on the show... their 'assessments' of these people aren't worth shit in the long run are they?... if someone is trumatised by an event on the show like Kate was then shouldn't they have told the Producer not to do what he did to Kate in the first place?... surely they knew that Kate could have these problems later in life?... that's who I hold responsible... they should have told him 'no!' but they didn't... I feel so sad for Kate but it's great that she told everyone about it so as to give others fair warning of the perils of signing your Soul over to the Devil... well done her... it's a brave thing to do in my opinion... cheers.

What is interesting is the number of people that have a bad experience on a reality tv show, yet they also encourage friends and and acquaintances to apply and appear on shows, appear on further shows, and continue to watch these shows like they don't understand what happens behind the scenes.

What is interesting is the number of people that have a bad experience on a reality tv show, yet they also encourage friends and and acquaintances to apply and appear on shows, appear on further shows, and continue to watch these shows like they don't understand what happens behind the scenes.

I guess it’s changed a bit since the old days when people generally went on for the experience and then back to normal life. These days it’s a career move, and they figure whatever they do to you is worth the industry connections and the Instagram followers.

Back