Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

Dislike these 2. Mean & nasty & vulgar. Not funny........and now liking Ellen more for her dislike of these 2

5f14ae8919dd70bb3bc6bdd473f34869

“One of the things that really hurt Joan, and we talked about it at our last meal together, was that Ellen always shunned her and Ellen thought she was vulgar and not funny,” Griffin said, according to Variety.

“I just called her [Ellen] and I just said, ‘Look, woman to woman, comic to comic, I think you need to let go of your hatred for Joan Rivers. She’s passed away, just do a f***ing tribute, be cool.”

But Griffin told the crowd that Ellen replied, “There’s a difference between mean and funny,” and wasn’t willing to change her opinion about Rivers.

“That f***ing set me off,” Griffin said.
“So we had a fight in which I used inflammatory words like, ‘Look you f***ing untalented hack.’ …
Griffin said she felt bad about the fight and texted Ellen a few days later but never heard back.

(especially dislike Griffin......as do most people......she is desperate and generally shunned)

that is so true about the difference between being mean and funny, unfortunately a lot of comics seems to confuse the two. i personally prefer non-mean comedy.

...what annoys me is that this Government sends millions of dollars overseas yet do not give any funding towards our bushfire brigades or even our lifesaving clubs on all of our beaches... after all... they’re there to save Australian lives... they shouldn’t have to raise their own self funding for these great organisations... they should be naturally funded by our own government... it’s ridiculous... yeah I know... probably the wrong thread that I’ve picked to air my views but what the hell... it’s just wrong that they are not funded already... cheers.

Leaf Blowers! I can't believe the idiots who use them on a windy day. They need to be Leaf Suckers then at least the job would get done!

Power outages! And it seems to be happening more and more often AND they last for hours and hours! Pisses me off no end!

Power outages! And it seems to be happening more and more often AND they last for hours and hours! Pisses me off no end!
you would hate living in south africa then,it's a daily thing...we even have a load shedding app and you never know when its going to be and then after sitting in the dark for four hours at a time,the sub-station trips and you are without power for hours after that....I saved my sanity and we bought a generator

Oh dear! I don't think I would cope at all! Glad you bought a generator to get you through the outages.

That after years of me craving them, Allen's waited until I'd given up lollies to bring coloured milk bottles back.

When people try to shame others for their accomplishments or for having more expensive things than they do. If someone works hard and buys themselves a BMW what is wrong with that?

Ok here's one about new dodgy products. I've had the same old Black and Decker 2 slice toaster for around 30 years. It only stopped working a few weeks ago the push down lever finally gave up the ghost. But heck you can't complain with a great little toaster that has lasted around 30 years and still toasted bread great right until the end.

Anyway I thought I still like to have some toast for breakfast so I might buy a new toaster. I bought a $25 toaster from Woolworths and well the first few times the bread jammd in th toaster and I had to manually raise the bread out. After a few toasts the jamming seems to have sorted itself out now but the issue is the browning control. It's either to light or too dark can't seem to get it just right damn thing right.

So I went out and bought another better brand Kambrook $49 toaster. Slightly better quality the bread has never jammed in this one but it still isn't perfect when it comes to the browning control of the bread. Sometimes it's too light sometimes too dark in the same setting. Argh! They seriously don't make things like they used to! I might have a look at my old toaster one day and see if it can possibly be repaired as i'd rather use the 30 year old toaster than all this new fangled junk they sell as toasters these days...lol

On another note though computers are not like other things in life and you actually need the latest or something sort of new to be able to connect and work with the modern internet smoothly. This old PC that I put together back in 2003 is finally starting to struggle with the latest technology and security software needed to access and navigate on the modern internet. Just to explain how bad this is I am using Mozilla Firefox which is the only web browser that still let's me surf most websites on this thing. But I am slowly getting locked out of certain sites as I can't upgrade my software anymore and i'm also still using Windows XP (yes I bet some people are laughing already...lol) which can't be updated for many years now. I can't even log into the Flybuys website anymore to claim my points in rewards dollars...lol. I also can't even upload a video to youtube anymore on this computer...lol. I seriously have to think about upgrading to a newer computer sometime soon...lol

Last edited:
This old PC that I put together back in 2003 is finally starting to struggle with the latest technology
Make a Linux Mint bootable USB stick and fire it up, you can see what it's like first just running off USB without installing it. It'll run much better than Windows on older hardware. Get Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit version. It comes with Firefox and LibreOffice, which is compatible with MS Office products. Can't help you with the toaster, sorry!

Ok here's one about new dodgy products. I've had the same old Black and Decker 2 slice toaster for around 30 years. It only stopped working a few weeks ago the push down lever finally gave up the ghost. But heck you can't complain with a great little toaster that has lasted around 30 years and still toasted bread great right until the end.

Anyway I thought I still like to have some toast for breakfast so I might buy a new toaster. I bought a $25 toaster from Woolworths and well the first few times the bread jammd in th toaster and I had to manually raise the bread out. After a few toasts the jamming seems to have sorted itself out now but the issue is the browning control. It's either to light or too dark can't seem to get it just right damn thing right.

So I went out and bought another better brand Kambrook $49 toaster. Slightly better quality the bread has never jammed in this one but it still isn't perfect when it comes to the browning control of the bread. Sometimes it's too light sometimes too dark in the same setting. Argh! They seriously don't make things like they used to! I might have a look at my old toaster one day and see if it can possibly be repaired as i'd rather use the 30 year old toaster than all this new fangled junk they sell as toasters these days...lol
Have you seen the movie Kate & Leopold? One of my favourite quotes from it...

Leopold:
I tell you, that thing is a damn hazard!
Kate:
It's just a toaster!
Leopold:
Why is it called a toaster when it produces no toast, but simply warm bread, and inserting it two times produces charcoal? The ideal toaster would have one and a half insertions to produce the correct toast.
Kate:
You know something? Nobody gives a rat's ass that you have to push the toast down twice, and you know why? Because everybody pushes their toast down twice!
Leopold:
Not where I come from!
Kate:
Oh, right. Where you come from, toast is a result of reflection and study!

It's true though...toasters are not like they used to be although I find my DeLonghi 4 slice toaster ($139-$149) does a fairly good job but it's still not perfect.

Make a Linux Mint bootable USB stick and fire it up, you can see what it's like first just running off USB without installing it. It'll run much better than Windows on older hardware. Get Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit version. It comes with Firefox and LibreOffice, which is compatible with MS Office products. Can't help you with the toaster, sorry!

Cheers mate, I might try that one day. But I think on this old Motherboard I have I can't even choose to boot up from a USB port...lol See also sometimes the issue I have is some software companies don't let you upgrade to a certain version of their software if your hardware isn't also upto date. I remember trying to install a later version of something (web browser maybe) a while ago and it said that my CPU didn't support some feature needed for the new software...lol

Have you seen the movie Kate & Leopold? One of my favourite quotes from it...

Leopold:
I tell you, that thing is a damn hazard!
Kate:
It's just a toaster!
Leopold:
Why is it called a toaster when it produces no toast, but simply warm bread, and inserting it two times produces charcoal? The ideal toaster would have one and a half insertions to produce the correct toast.
Kate:
You know something? Nobody gives a rat's ass that you have to push the toast down twice, and you know why? Because everybody pushes their toast down twice!
Leopold:
Not where I come from!
Kate:
Oh, right. Where you come from, toast is a result of reflection and study!

It's true though...toasters are not like they used to be although I find my DeLonghi 4 slice toaster ($139-$149) does a fairly good job but it's still not perfect.

LOL! I haven't seen that movie but it sounds like a classic! Yes maybe if you spend over $100 or even more these days you might get a half decent toaster? lol :D

Seriously they should just do away with the browning control altogether, and just put in the instruction manual to just sit there and manually raise and lower the lever until the desired browning of your toast is acheived. Then I reckon no one would complain and all these new toasters would work perfectly....LOL! :D

Back