Skip to main content

Things we want in Big Brother 2015

miamiBRICE

We all know that Big Brother has changed a lot these days since it has switched to the Nine Network, and I do believe that most of us fans agree it was for the worse.

Recently last year’s Big Brother featured returned items from the Network ten era such as the eviction couch (different one of course) and nominations held in the diary room, although at the same time many great aspects are being removed from the show.

Of course we dream that the show will eventually bring back the exact values Big Brother had during the Network ten eras… In other words “Original and the best”, so I decided in the meantime to create an interactive list of things we’d like to continue see updated on the show and hopefully become a future idea, although most likely the show will never return to its original format like we have wished, nether the less we’ll still hopefully earn similar aspects from it, but sadly we aren't the producers, we can’t decide what us fans want, if one of us were producer I’m sure the show would be a lot better, nowadays all we can do is watch unfortunately and “vote” for some.

So now for the list! Forum members are free to suggest their favourite Big Brother ingredients they’d like to see return to the show as well, firstly I’ll put up some highly popular demands, if you dislike one of the suggestions on the list then feel free to remind me.

The list will be marked regularly with a “naught” or “cross” representing whether our choices have been added to the show or unfortunately removed/hasn't been added.

Current List:

Live Feeds
- X

Proper Time Schedule - X

UpLate - X

Uncut/Adults Only - X

Friday Night Live - X

Diary Room Nominations - O

Big Brother Shop - X

Eviction Couch - O

The 10 Big Brother Questions - X

Proper Voting Graph - X

Eviction Golf Buggy - X

New Executive Producer
- X

New Host - X

Last edited:
I would like to see housemates leave the house on the golf buggy, I want to see the voting graph as normal, I want to the intro to be unremixed back to how it was, I want the housemates to wager the food budget prices again, i want the eviction plank back. These are all little things. But if i dont ask for them then who will

Original Intro - X

To Be Renewed - X

Live Feeds
- X

Proper Time Schedule - X

UpLate - X

Uncut/Adults Only - X

Friday Night Live - X

Big Brother Shop - X

Housemates Food Budget - X

Bogans -

Eviction Couch - O

Eviction Plank - O

Proper Voting Graph - X

Eviction Golf Buggy - X

New Executive Producer
- X

New Host - X

Original Intro - X

To Be Renewed - X

Live Feeds
- X

Proper Time Schedule - X

UpLate - X

Uncut/Adults Only - X

Friday Night Live - X

Big Brother Shop - X

Housemates Food Budget - X

Bogans -

Eviction Couch - O

Eviction Plank - O

Proper Voting Graph - X

Eviction Golf Buggy - X

New Executive Producer
- X

New Host - X
Whoops I accidentally marked Eviction Plank with a naught instead of a cross.

I made a similar thread earlier last year because the producers and crew do keep an eye on here. I made the thread because I thought 2013 had a good cast but there was some other areas on the production side that I thought could be improved.

I thought with the big improvement of BB 2013 compared to BB 2012 the show was only going to get better but in 2014 the show went backwards, not forwards and the producers didn't take anyone's ideas here and managed to make the show a bigger mess than ever before.

The only way I think BB would change is if it went to Network Ten and had new executive producers who have a grasp on the concept of Big Brother. I think Peter Abbott should be involved in some way to ensure it doesn't fall in with the other reality TV shows that are contrived and filled with twist after twist.

Anyway after that here is what I personally would like to see for Big Brother 2015 as a viewer and if I had the power of being a executive producer :laugh:...

• The Big Brother weekly schedule to be stable and structured well.
Sunday Night Evictions need to return. They don't belong on any other night. Having the eviction show midweek interrupts the week.

Monday Night Nominations.

Sunday - Friday daily shows.

There must be a adults only / uncut type weekly show where we can see the adult conversations in the house that are not suitable for the PG timeslot. I don't understand why we can't have a show like this anymore? The early seasons of uncut were not smutty. 2005 and 2006 was when the show got into trouble with the government.

• Offer some kind of live streaming.
At least Live streaming online after a show every night. If "I'm A Celebrity" can stream for an hour every night so can BB at the very least.

• Cast everyday and interesting people.
I'm sick of seeing the people who want media careers after Big Brother. They are fake, fake, fake. What happened to finding ordinary people like Reggie or Chrissie? There's interesting people out there. Stop going after promo models and people with StarNow profiles. "Ordinary" people can also be attractive too.

Big Brother is a joke in this country now. What happened to the early seasons of looking for people with personality and interesting stories to tell? I want to learn about people's lives and what makes them tick and why they are the way they are.

• Get rid of the "showmance" aspect.
I'm sick and tired of these "showmances" that happen every year in Big Brother. They are fake and painfully boring to watch. I am not entertained by these showmances at all and the public displays of affection are gross. No one wants to see a couple make out all the time like Aisha and Travis. What did they call Josh and Ava in BB 2012? A clip on koala? Boring. These are not interesting to the viewer. Also stop manufacturing romance with intruders telling them to go in and hook up with people.

• Respect to viewers.
Viewers of this show are not dumb even if we are perceived to be "bogans" :p.
Please don't tell us when to laugh. Please don't tell us when to feel sad. Please don't tell us what to feel period. The point of Big Brother is for the viewer at home to make up their own mind on housemates. Don't play "favourites". That will backfire on the selected HM. It is human nature not to like being told what and who to like and think. Also fix the editing. We know when shows are not in chronological order. Big Brother is supposed to be similar to a documentary where we find out what happens in the past 24 hours. Stop treating us like idiots.

More to come when I think of them...
Do I sound like a nutter? Just a passionate BB fan over here.

Last edited:
As great as this thread is, it's more likely that Gordon from BB01 would return to the house as a zombie than any of the things we could list.

Anyway after that here is what I personally would like to see for Big Brother 2015 as a viewer and if I had the power of being a executive producer :laugh:...

• The Big Brother weekly schedule to be stable and structured well.
Sunday Night Evictions need to return. They don't belong on any other night. Having the eviction show midweek interrupts the week.

Monday Night Nominations.

Sunday - Friday daily shows.

There must be a adults only / uncut type weekly show where we can see the adult conversations in the house that are not suitable for the PG timeslot. I don't understand why we can't have a show like this anymore? The early seasons of uncut were not smutty. 2005 and 2006 was when the show got into trouble with the government.

• Offer some kind of live streaming.
At least Live streaming online after a show every night. If "I'm A Celebrity" can stream for an hour every night so can BB at the very least.

• Cast everyday and interesting people.
I'm sick of seeing the people who want media careers after Big Brother. They are fake, fake, fake. What happened to finding ordinary people like Reggie or Chrissie? There's interesting people out there. Stop going after promo models and people with StarNow profiles. "Ordinary" people can also be attractive too.

Big Brother is a joke in this country now. What happened to the early seasons of looking for people with personality and interesting stories to tell? I want to learn about people's lives and what makes them tick and why they are the way they are.

• Get rid of the "showmance" aspect.
I'm sick and tired of these "showmances" that happen every year in Big Brother. They are fake and painfully boring to watch. I am not entertained by these showmances at all and the public displays of affection are gross. No one wants to see a couple make out all the time like Aisha and Travis. What did they call Josh and Ava in BB 2012? A clip on koala? Boring. These are not interesting to the viewer. Also stop manufacturing romance with intruders telling them to go in and hook up with people.

• Respect to viewers.
Viewers of this show are not dumb even if we are perceived to be "bogans" :p.
Please don't tell us when to laugh. Please don't tell us when to feel sad. Please don't tell us what to feel period. The point of Big Brother is for the viewer at home to make up their own mind on housemates. Don't play "favourites". That will backfire on the selected HM. It is human nature not to like being told what and who to like and think. Also fix the editing. We know when shows are not in chronological order. Big Brother is supposed to be similar to a documentary where we find out what happens in the past 24 hours. Stop treating us like idiots.

More to come when I think of them...
Do I sound like a nutter? Just a passionate BB fan over here.
You couldn't have summed it up any better @Lucas the fans need more opportunity to get a say in what they'd like to see in Big Brother, the famous saying "The customer is always right"... They should just give us a fair go, I don't understand why the Nine Network would still keep the show if they are receiving so many complaints on their page and these forums. Alex Mavroidakis can not stop making excuses such as "the show will be better next year", in my opinion I have no idea how he has lasted so long in his role as executive producer more than anyone else who has been an executive producer.

...I only have one wish at the moment... what I'd like to see added is that when the Live Eviction is down to just 2 housemates they should be each standing on a trapdoor... when it is announced who is leaving it opens up and whooshka!!!!... they're gone!!!... no wasted air time on good-byes... they are whisked away in a shute directly to the couch beside Sonia... that way no precious airtime is wasted and we see more of what is happening in the aftermath within the house itself!...

...there would be no need to cut away to a commercial break... no housemates crying and slobbering over the evictee... no time for the evictee to make up lame excuses as to why THEY were evicted... bam!... they're being evicted instantaneously!... yeah yeah... I know... occupational health and safety issues there but stuff the rules and regulations... it's time for us viewers to have some fun out of this!!!!...

...I know... there are a myriad of flaws in my plan but that's up to the producers to eke out the bugs in it not me... I'm merely suggesting an idea... I guess that this idea beats my original 'Live Guillotine' idea... um... I'll go and take my medication now... it's a tad bit overdue... great thread by the way miamiBRICE... cheers.

...I only have one wish at the moment... what I'd like to see added is that when the Live Eviction is down to just 2 housemates they should be each standing on a trapdoor... when it is announced who is leaving it opens up and whooshka!!!!... they're gone!!!... no wasted air time on good-byes... they are whisked away in a shute directly to the couch beside Sonia... that way no precious airtime is wasted and we see more of what is happening in the aftermath within the house itself!...

...there would be no need to cut away to a commercial break... no housemates crying and slobbering over the evictee... no time for the evictee to make up lame excuses as to why THEY were evicted... bam!... they're being evicted instantaneously!... yeah yeah... I know... occupational health and safety issues there but stuff the rules and regulations... it's time for us viewers to have some fun out of this!!!!...

...I know... there are a myriad of flaws in my plan but that's up to the producers to eke out the bugs in it not me... I'm merely suggesting an idea... I guess that this idea beats my original 'Live Guillotine' idea... um... I'll go and take my medication now... it's a tad bit overdue... great thread by the way miamiBRICE... cheers.
I really did miss reading your ideas Sticky!

Back