Skip to main content

Things That Make You Laugh

One of my favourite AbFab episodes with one of my favourite one off characters.

“Never mind, too late to flush her now” 🤣

How is your Cambodian, Timmy? Csn yoo understand what they are saying?
I speak a little Khmer, enough to haggle prices and exchange pleasantries. I was doing English-Khmer tit for tat language lessons with a monk at the pagoda for a while but Covid shut that down. It's embarrassing when I meet locals who speak English because they always ask how long I've lived here and totally judge me when I admit I can't speak Khmer. And also for not being married but that's a little harder to explain. I'm strange enough not speaking Khmer and being single/never married/childless without being gay on top of it all. I'll let them judge me on the first two.😬

Ah!
Can you not take classes though?
I know it is not always easy. My german is ok - not great - but I struggle to take extra German classes.

LOL! Well one thing hasn't really changed in 21 years since that article, the high access charges are still there to this day...lol

Actually that's probably one of the main reasons it's grown and is so popular now. It's basically big business and there's alot of money to be made from the so called "internet" as we know it today. Same as big telco's and "mobile phones" all just big business and tons of money made from all these telecommunications. Try and see how long these would all last if they were all made "free" for the public to use...lol.

Last edited:
Well deserved, this one.

loveis.jpg.ac3dbec95809185a055e6dcacf01da75.jpg

Back