Skip to main content

Things That Make You Laugh

T
http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/party-cannon

A recent poster for a death metal music festival ...

CQLodjLWIAAuzJR.jpg:large
This just reinforces the thought that needs to go into legible script when getting tattoos as I'm looking into such for my third and it will be visible when clothed. It will also be in Latin.

Enjoyed this clip today

Does anyone follow / see Ben and Elliot prank videos? It's gotta be like scripted reality I take it. Can be pretty funny regardless.

T

This just reinforces the thought that needs to go into legible script when getting tattoos as I'm looking into such for my third and it will be visible when clothed. It will also be in Latin.
Can you read in Latin?

I wish.
I have sung in Latin.
It has always puzzled me as to why someone would get a language they don't speak or understand tattooed on their body, as opposed to having the tattoo written in a text they can read.

My favourites by far are the Japanese symbol tat fails.

"it is Japanese for intergrity"

"Ummm no it's not, it actually says nose mucus"

I remember reading poor David Beckem had a huge Arabic text fail years ago.

It has always puzzled me as to why someone would get a language they don't speak or understand tattooed on their body, as opposed to having the tattoo written in a text they can read.

Yes. They should stick to a language they have mastered and have 'Intergrity', or maybe even 'David Beckem' tattooed. It looks like the phonetic failure rate might be the same.

Reactions: Tee
Yes. They should stick to a language they have mastered and have 'Intergrity', or maybe even 'David Beckem' tattoed.
Oh good morning!

Oh! My! God!!!!!!

Did I miss spell a word and a name on the Internet?!

Thank the forum God you took the time to alert me.

You can add Spelling Police to that long line of admirable qualities you possess.

Grind that axe, unWitty.

Oh good morning!

Oh! My! God!!!!!!

Did I miss spell a word and a name on the Internet?!

Thank the forum God you took the time to alert me.

You can add Spelling Police to that long line of admirable qualities you possess.

Grind that axe, unWitty.
I saved you an English language tattoo fail. You're welcome.

Reactions: Tee
Yes. They should stick to a language they have mastered and have 'Intergrity', or maybe even 'David Beckem' tattooed. It looks like the phonetic failure rate might be the same.
Too slow with the edit, I'm afraid. I got the pre edited version.

You know, the one where you incorrectly spelled tattooed...

See happens to the best, and the worst of us.

Semper et in Aeternum
Not hard to translate and I knew it anyway. For some people a foreign language can be significant for many reasons. Of course, doing your research is very important. Asian/Arabic scripts would be fraught will all kinds of dangers. I have the name my niece calls me in Thai written down and should I ever decide to get it inked, which I won't, I know it's authentic as I trust the person who wrote it.

Semper et in Aeternum
Not hard to translate and I knew it anyway. For some people a foreign language can be significant for many reasons. Of course, doing your research is very important. Asian/Arabic scripts would be fraught will all kinds of dangers. I have the name my niece calls me in Thai written down and should I ever decide to get it inked, which I won't, I know it's authentic as I trust the person who wrote it.
I have never actually heard of it. As we have just seen, I can barely master English!!

What does it mean?

Too slow with the edit, I'm afraid. I got the pre edited version.

You know, the one where you incorrectly spelled tattooed...

See happens to the best, and the worst of us.
I have never actually heard of it. As we have just seen, I can barely master English!!

What does it mean?
Semper - ALWAYS (the Marine Corps motto is Semper Fidelis - always faithful)
Et - AND
Aeternum - FOREVER (could also be - for eternity)

It's for Dad who has had a bitch of a year dealing with Non Hodgkins. His last rituximab infusion is in a couple of weeks and in the new year has a PET scan to see how it's all gone. He has a fascination with Latin and learned it at school.

Oh, I am talking about your first post, before the reedit. Where you mocked my shit house spelling. If you need to be right that badly, maybe take your fight up with Google. It is common knowledge my spelling is shite. Given the fixation you have on correct spelling, it might give you something productive to do today.

should stick to a language they have mastered and have 'Intergrity', or maybe even 'David Beckem' tattoed. [\quote]

tattoo2
taˈtuː/
verb
past tense: tattooed; past participle: tattooed
  1. mark (a part of the body) with an indelible design by inserting pigment into punctures in the skin.
    "his cheek was tattooed with a winged fist"
    • make (an indelible design) on a part of the body by inserting pigment into punctures in the skin.
      "he has a heart tattooed on his left hand"

Semper - ALWAYS (the Marine Corps motto is Semper Fidelis - always faithful)
Et - AND
Aeternum - FOREVER (could also be - for eternity)

It's for Dad who has had a bitch of a year dealing with Non Hodgkins. His last rituximab infusion is in a couple of weeks and in the new year has a PET scan to see how it's all gone. He has a fascination with Latin and learned it at school.
Sounds very sentimental.

How is your Dad?

Back