Skip to main content

Theme Songs

What is your favourite BBAU theme song?

• Original (2001-2002)

• Tower of Terror with computer guy (2003-2004)

• Rubiks Cube and CGI Housemates (2005-2007)

• The one with Brigitte (2008)

• The saviour (2012)

• Time Vortex (2013)

• K$sha (2014)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Graphics-wise, the 2002-2003 ones. They were ahead of their time.

Song/melody-wise, the original. I liked how the minor 7th chord descends to minor 4th. Gives a dark, somber feel.

Last edited:
THEME SONG from 2001 was the best of everything had to offer... stupidity channel 9 spents more cash flows to create something DIFERENT and its no wonder why oneday they going to say again (we are on budget) because we went over board. I say bring back its original format. No need to change the theme song no need to change the looks of the title big brother... to change that does cost them MONEY. and its not free.. Wakeup channel 9

when i listern to the theme song bb 2001 it brings me memories and makes me feel young again. It almost feels like hey folks time to visit big brother house its 2001 now! Today the theme song feels little less big brother with a dodgy seguence that sounds almost like a broken record.

The uk version of BIG BROTHER has and kept its original format theme song and thats how good it is.... it brings memories year 2000. Not like in australia the theme song is turning into a circus.

Rubiks Cube easily.

All of Ten's were good - didn't really like the '08 one though.

Nine's are shit.

The greatest theme for me would be the 2005-2007 theme because let's be honest, how epic was it when it was used during the live shows?

(Skip to 1m09) or here's an automagical link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HLtDE9QTfPA#t=69

Neither of the Nine themes have come close to creating the same atmosphere. They're not even in the running.
Its interesting how these REAL housemates felt realistic with the scared and the shyness of getting out of that bb house and yet in 2014 the fellow housemates are almost like they know thier direction and almost as if they have been on a diferent tv programe to be that less shyness and less scared.

The greatest theme for me would be the 2005-2007 theme because let's be honest, how epic was it when it was used during the live shows?

(Skip to 1m09) or here's an automagical link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HLtDE9QTfPA#t=69

Neither of the Nine themes have come close to creating the same atmosphere. They're not even in the running.
Its interesting how these REAL housemates felt realistic with the scared and the shyness of getting out of that bb house and yet in 2014 the fellow housemates are almost like they know thier direction and almost as if they have been on a diferent tv programe to be that less shyness and less scared.

And how excitement the audience where with these huge signs and the big prizes that are more valuable then.. then what it is today with just a eviction and bye with nothing to give them, Thsi is why back then channel ten knew how to make it well.

people who tells me to shut up are the ones who are the 123 little children in a clown rolling box. You have no idea how we older fans been thru.. sicne 2001. you little children dont understand the actual bb show. So move on please. Know as i was saying fellow older fans of bb show... yes back then gretal kalleen knew how to make the while show insperational and spirituality.. Not like today it seems dull and sonia seems very stable as in she seats over there and the evicteee seats 5 big steps away from her on a wide couch. How rude channel 9.

hes like a virus. infecting everything.
somebody do a full system scan already.

btw i hate the rubiks cube one for the sole fact that on the first cube, 4 rows of cubes pop out when the cubes are only 3x3.

The 2005-07 theme would be my favourite, then the 2003-04. I still get goosebumps watching the opening to the shows (especially the evictions) on YouTube, the whole atmosphere back then was crazy! The camera shots, the host walk out and the audience going wild was so much more exciting than what happens now on channel 9, it's just so plain and simple now.

My other favourite is the 2001/02 theme. I actually have the CD with the main theme on it. But its got a bunch of random sound effects over the top of it, I would love to get my hands on the raw mix though.

I wasn't a fan of the 2008 theme. This year's theme is actually worse than 2008... I hate this year's. I'd prefer 2012/13 theme than the current one. Without that last 'dun' it's just not the same haha.

Young people knowdays dont no us older fans who knew it all from day one on the big brother house in 2001 and onwards they only know the thing when they say ( oh ive only been watching bb for the first time since 2012 when channel 9 had bb) these type pony tail disgrase kids may not understand where ive been comming from. Yet alone let the young generation and SHOW them a few dozen bb back to back videos.

Anyways i see the shedule time is going UP an DOWN and i think its just stupidity on channel 9 since channel 9 took over bb they had been playing the time slots one time 730pm then other times 830pm then the following day 9 something pm or earlier.. Seriously what is it that is making bb go messy times each night ? im so fed up with this the block programe. And quite sick of hearing the (all NEW) THE BLOCK and ALL NEW this and ALL NEW that.. every time all the times every years they go on with this theory about the ALL NEW episodes of the big bang theory.. ALL NEW big brother even tho big brother is a on-going and its not new as in is it day1 of bb? seriously channel 9 are like a bunch of clowns.

They have this rediculoursly thing about always saying ALL NEW on every bloody programe on this channel every week and everydays.. and continues to call the block the all new final week.. whats with the all new ? its a ON GOING programe.. its not new.. we all know its a on going programe but its not always constantly all new because the show and or programe is a on going weekly and or daily.. Obviously.

And i believe this stupid time shedule for bb is just as bad as this version of bb. Channel 9 did the same problem since they brought bb show and they played up with the times. 80% CHANNEL TEN (10) Had big brother right on the actual time. However the fun was that big brother was right on time but the show sometimes went alittle longer then normal. If the show was 1hour and 30minutes sometimes the show continues 10 to 15 minutes longer sometimes another 30minutes because it was mainly mostly always LIVE programe and since it is now all recorded hours ago for the arena and big brother house on bloody channel 9... they stuff things up and really you aint getting much out of this programe. If you are to take the commercials away you get less then 20minutes show each night for the daily big brother programe.

And the mad thing about it is that your watching bb daily show that was more likely 2 days ago old or at least it is because fridays there is no bb ? and saturdays no big brother or is that saturday and sunday no big brother and all you get is only a lazy 5 days a week big brother with mainly typical 20minutes programe each night if you are to take the commercials out.

Years ago we had more we had lots of things webcams.. interaction bb house online. updates constantly around the clock. And more. And do you get any of... that? come on..

So how can one in this stupidity year 2014 keep up with big brother times? do i have to always and always fix the times because i need to record them on a hardrive ? better off yet on a vcr machine....
Its not really good if the times in one week is all mashup with never keep the same time ahead. If they want big brother exactly on 830pm make sure they do. Without the playing the times around.. Or are they doing this so they get more demand ratings for other shows.. in that case i never watch the block and they always and always on about this the block programe.. stupid tradies of this country its all they seem to bloody do.

Back