Skip to main content

The Weather Thread

image.jpg

Elsewhere in Victoria, the Latrobe Valley was -4.8C, the coldest for three decades.

OMG I had to go on a study camp thing to Latrobe Valley, when that was the temp, disaster....
It was so cold I had to wear ALL of the clothes I took, everything I could fit on me, family visited because they were afraid we would all freeze to death out there, CAMPING in sub zero.
I think it was then I decided to migrate to WA

Weird country - someone made life size dinosaurs and scattered them around this valley.

image.jpg

Elsewhere in Victoria, the Latrobe Valley was -4.8C, the coldest for three decades.

OMG I had to go on a study camp thing to Latrobe Valley, when that was the temp, disaster....
It was so cold I had to wear ALL of the clothes I took, everything I could fit on me, family visited because they were afraid we would all freeze to death out there, CAMPING in sub zero.
I think it was then I decided to migrate to WA

Weird country - someone made life size dinosaurs and scattered them around this valley.

and then WA was freezing ..................

and then WA was freezing ..................

I was freezing visiting sis in Bridgetown, but I lived mostly north of Perth. Lived in WA for about 15 years, before it turned into the biggest mining piece of crap I have ever seen - it used to be so much fun & wild, and free. Now it has changed so much it is unrecognisable.
I used to love it so much and thought I would live there forever.

Sounds like things have worked out OK @joyjoyjoy with your relocation, hope you are thriving:)

What is the potential of this cloud for damage, rain, snow, sheer spectacle value?
They're not dangerous - just spectacular. They drop the ground temperature as they roll by. Usually only found in North Qld, so this was very rare. It's known as Morning Glory.

They're not dangerous - just spectacular. They drop the ground temperature as they roll by. Usually only found in North Qld, so this was very rare. It's known as Morning Glory.
Quite spectacular. Looks like a pipe. Queensland - the state of the long white cloud?

Awesome and I mean that in a good way, not the common way it's said these days.

Hey @tess are you watching Aus Survivor? Join the tipping thing, maybe???Nice to see you:)

Hibernation....such a wonderful bear lifestyle
I used to wonder as a kid why human couldn't try this.........so cold & shitty heating back then, so I migrated to WA first chance I got

I looked it up once and apparently when i struggled to keep warm in Vic, with 3 jumpers, 2 pairs of tights, and generally huddling around a fire......was one of the coldest decades
Even poorer kids than us, I met as adults, they all got chilblains they were so cold....sounds like a Dickens story

Oh and apparently there was a time humans did hibernate...recent scientific discussion

Melbourne has misery cold forecasts for days, probably weeks OMG saturday high is only 11.....how the hell do people live in those sub zero places?????

OMG Melbourne is freezing - and they keep telling us July is a record breaking warm month, WTF

It is 11am - and it is 6 degrees, was 2 when I woke up, predicted high of only 11, and next five days suck -the highs are like nightime lows,fuck off winter, one month until spring

OMG Melbourne is freezing - and they keep telling us July is a record breaking warm month, WTF

It is 11am - and it is 6 degrees, was 2 when I woke up, predicted high of only 11, and next five days suck -the highs are like nightime lows,fuck off winter, one month until spring
I am on nights and at work I have the heating on 20. That's enough for me as it can get too stuffy otherwise. I think it was about 3 when I left work at 7am. Refreshing in that zingy, brisk way.

Reactions: kxk
OMG coldest day for a century, almost 4-30pm and it is a freezing 9, and it is never going to make predicted crappy 11, and now 4 more freezing days until we get a warmer break.

Back