Skip to main content

The Voice 2021

Off the back of the Olympics this season is doing unexpectedly well in the ratings but the new format highlights the fact that these talent shows are definitely no longer even trying to turn artists into stars. The cut followed by the knockouts have been brutal. Lots of great talent, no time to grow and no time for anyone to actually get to know them.

Off the back of the Olympics this season is doing unexpectedly well in the ratings but the new format highlights the fact that these talent shows are definitely no longer even trying to turn artists into stars. The cut followed by the knockouts have been brutal. Lots of great talent, no time to grow and no time for anyone to actually get to know them.
And it all finishes on Monday. Crazy.

Has The Voice Australia ever turned anyone into a star? Even with the first season in 2012 Karise had her moment but it's not like was ever hugely successful with multiple big hits or arena tours over the years!

Has The Voice Australia ever turned anyone into a star? Even with the first season in 2012 Karise had her moment but it's not like was ever hugely successful with multiple big hits or arena tours over the years!
Never.
And I know the whole point of it is it's supposed to be about the voice and not the looks, but none of this year's will do any better.
You don't have to be beautiful, but you have to be marketable.

I've heard (from reputable sources like the headlines of trash magazines) that no one was happy with Rita, and the UK import they really wanted was Boy George again (along with Delta).

I've heard (from reputable sources like the headlines of trash magazines) that no one was happy with Rita, and the UK import they really wanted was Boy George again (along with Delta).

To be honest, I wouldn’t have watched this series if there was no Rita.

Interesting.

I‘ve been a fan of hers for about 8-9 years now. Amazing discography.
RIP reminds me of being in the UK on holiday when it first came out, and I heard it EVERYWHERE - every bar and nightclub played it numerous times and every person in the venue sang it so loudly - I’m getting gooseys remembering it - because I was like what is this song? Who is this? And it became the anthem of that euro trip for me and my friends I was with.

RIP reminds me of being in the UK on holiday when it first came out, and I heard it EVERYWHERE - every bar and nightclub played it numerous times and every person in the venue sang it so loudly - I’m getting gooseys remembering it - because I was like what is this song? Who is this? And it became the anthem of that euro trip for me and my friends I was with.

R.I.P was my favourite song when it was first released. Great music video for it too.

Not surprised. She was shocking as host of America's Next Top Model, the one year she did that.

Back