Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

People don’t need to get vaccinated while border is shut, border can’t be unshut while people aren’t vaccinated?

I don't mean this in a tin foil hat way, but is anyone else starting to pick up vibes in the media that they want us to have another outbreak?

This discussion around not allowing direct travel from India has been seems completely devoid of a rational debate. It all seems heavily biased against the bad and ignorant the fact there is a severe risk and hotel quarantine is not very good. The Federal Government dropped the ball on building proper facilities, which sucks. Yet we need to respond and work with the crappy system we have. Not that I support the Morrison Government in anything, but filling a broken quarantine system with 40%+ infected people has a massive risk to the country. Especially seeing the hotel quarantine system was designed around less contagious versions of the virus.

Then you read various articles and opinion pieces out there how Australia's obsession with "zero cases" is somehow a bad thing. That somehow doing well against the virus is a bad thing and lead to the public and politicians focussing on not having the virus as the goal. As opposed to managing it. You can't manage it once it gets out of control. Who wants to risk it?

Either people aren't actually taking the virus and the threat seriously. Or they want more outbreaks.

I don't mean this in a tin foil hat way, but is anyone else starting to pick up vibes in the media that they want us to have another outbreak?

This discussion around not allowing direct travel from India has been seems completely devoid of a rational debate. It all seems heavily biased against the bad and ignorant the fact there is a severe risk and hotel quarantine is not very good. The Federal Government dropped the ball on building proper facilities, which sucks. Yet we need to respond and work with the crappy system we have. Not that I support the Morrison Government in anything, but filling a broken quarantine system with 40%+ infected people has a massive risk to the country. Especially seeing the hotel quarantine system was designed around less contagious versions of the virus.

Then you read various articles and opinion pieces out there how Australia's obsession with "zero cases" is somehow a bad thing. That somehow doing well against the virus is a bad thing and lead to the public and politicians focussing on not having the virus as the goal. As opposed to managing it. You can't manage it once it gets out of control. Who wants to risk it?

Either people aren't actually taking the virus and the threat seriously. Or they want more outbreaks.

The media are basically trolls. They just want to drum up controversy to bring in more eyes to their websites.

Back