Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

LOL
He hates gay people
Hates women
Hates doing anything

Scumo is a joke, he has bungled anything to do with the virus, women, minorities
And yes I lean left, but I can appreciate a righty who is intelligent and does a good job
shame scumo chased all that were left to run for the hills...Julia Bishop should be PM now if Libs had even half a clue

LOL
He hates gay people
Hates women
Hates doing anything

Scumo is a joke, he has bungled anything to do with the virus, women, minorities
And yes I lean left, but I can appreciate a righty who is intelligent and does a good job
shame scumo chased all that were left to run for the hills...Julia Bishop should be PM now if Libs had even half a clue

I disagree with most of your post but given this is the virus thread, let’s discuss the virus part of your post.

If you are referring to hotel quarantine issues, then that is more of a state issue that we are dealing with as they are the ones running the hotel quarantine programs. Could Morrison have done more? Possibly but what would that involve? The states (in particular Queensland) were adamant in their border closures and told the PM to stay out of it.

If you are referring to the vaccine, then yes it is a Commonwealth issue. Although, the AstraZeneca vaccine is a risk to a lot of people so I am thankful that more people have not been vaccinated with it.

Based on all the above, I do not think he has bungled much, if at all anything, related to the virus,

He is so obviously intellectually challenged, such a pedestrian mediocre man
Ha has no vision, no ideas, no imagination
He has mastered Howard’s trick of never saying anything but speaking for hours, the trick puts you to sleep

Re virus
Vaccines purchased, fucked this up entirely, 3 never enough, and when 1 failed at least buy 2 more right then
Now we have to wait until December, left behind when we are ahead, scandalous

Started vaccinations far too late

If we had an actual LEADER, anyone please step up and move us into the future, visionaries needed
ASAP
He has failed to support the arts, and all artists, and many others
He lets corporations keep millions in job grants they never needed

Australia needs a purpose built quarantine facility run federally, why haven’t they begun work on this?
Viruses will continue to develop, a national structure, policy, and medical labs are necessary
Hotels will not function properly for this
In Canberra there are many budget accomodations set up for school visits, make these into quarantine centres NOW
kids are not coming to Canberra
I know of several hotels that are relatively isolated within a golf course, perfect for quarantine

Nursing homes, lead, get your shit together
He is a mediocre not even average sexist wanker, his own party’s last choice

I’ve been listening to some old radio on a podcast app, namely Tony Martin’s “Get This” program from 2006/2007. They often use clips from Howard/Costello/Downer interviews and it is very noticeable how much the standard of political discourse has degraded even in just 15 years. The current government makes those guys seem like geniuses, and they weren’t by a long shot.

I’ve been listening to some old radio on a podcast app, namely Tony Martin’s “Get This” program from 2006/2007. They often use clips from Howard/Costello/Downer interviews and it is very noticeable how much the standard of political discourse has degraded even in just 15 years. The current government makes those guys seem like geniuses, and they weren’t by a long shot.
Is there anyone you think is helping improve political discourse during covid? I hope you don't say Dan Andrews or Palaszczuk.

Last edited:
Will be glad when we won't have to wear masks any more in Queensland. A state expertly lead by a particularly fantastic premier ;) ;);).

Last edited:
Simply not good enough:

I wonder if the 48 year old woman from NSW had bloodclots from the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer one?

Do you think it is “not good enough” given the bloodclot potential that these vaccines have and any other potential vaccine that we import?

Well it took over a year but there is finally an outbreak here and I'm under quarantine (plus an overnight curfew) for the next two weeks. I hate it already.

I wonder if the 48 year old woman from NSW had bloodclots from the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer one?

Do you think it is “not good enough” given the bloodclot potential that these vaccines have and any other potential vaccine that we import?

This is terrible, and I feel for that woman and her family, but there is no denying that the vaccine rollout in this country is sub par.

I would be curious to know what the stats are of blood clotting in other countries, or for those with underlying health issues?

Personally, I won't take the AZ vaccine under any circumstances because of this. But just as quickly as the world found a vaccine for COVID, they should be as equally hurried to determine the link between the vaccine and the blood clots. NSW Health, Federal Department of Health and TGA have basically thrown their hands up and said 'Nup, no link'. But the fact is she, and others, have died of bloods clots, so there is one, and its your job to find it.

It’s 14 days this Wednesday since I had AZ vaccine, felt like flu for 2 days
And all fence since then
No sign of clots or anything strange

Woman who died had diabetes and more

I am so sick of self isolating and all the extra care I must take due to
having a fucked immune system, ie auto immune disease etc
So gamble is worth it for me, likely death if I get Covid versus 1 in a million possible clots
And I have never had any blood issues, no high blood pressure etc, quite fit despite disease

I am very pro vaccines, religiously get flu shot, and pneumonia shots, I need the extra protection
However, I believe the “any age with underlying medical conditions” 1(b) category should get the Pfizer jab

I have a friend undergoing chemo, with blood clot history, surely she must qualify for Pfizer?

Back