Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Who here will be getting the vaccine? I will hopefully.

Do we really have a choice? At some stage, I will want to go overseas again.

I'm not really worried about getting the vaccine. I believe when I get one it'll be the Astrazeneca vaccine, which is a more traditional proven vaccine method than some of the others. I am in a low-risk group and so will be towards the back of the line, so by then any concerns over the vaccines would be lessened.

Reactions: kxk
Do we really have a choice? At some stage, I will want to go overseas again.

I'm not really worried about getting the vaccine. I believe when I get one it'll be the Astrazeneca vaccine, which is a more traditional proven vaccine method than some of the others. I am in a low-risk group and so will be towards the back of the line, so by then any concerns over the vaccines would be lessened.

You might get autism like me.

Apparently vaccines won't be mandatory for Victorian frontline workers?

They shouldn't be vaccinating all of them anyway. A sensible COVID policy would be to have targets of 50-60%or whatever the number would be. Just because these are new vaccines.

There's nothing to suggest there'll be a problem, but you still need a risk management strategy. In the extremely rare chance there is some long term negative outcome from the vaccine. You can't risk having your entire health care industry impacted at once.

Then as time goes on, we become more confident in a vaccine, maybe have better vaccines, we can get the rest vaccinated. Or have a slow roll out for the rest. Still in the relative short term.

Oh crap, here we go again.....and its friggin Lunar New Year...:(

Meeting in Vic, means 5 day lockdown is likely coming
ABC we will get update shortly

Update: Dan will make statement at 1pm

Lockdown stage 4 for 5 days, 12 midnight until Wednesday

5km restriction, masks everywhere but home, no visitors, no big meetings
Work from home
Child care stays open
No church no Uni, tiny funerals,weddings banned
No swimming pools
No libraries
Take away only foodies

CHINESE NEW YEAR IS STUFFED ;(

I assume my dental appointment Monday is now banned, took ages to even get one

EDIT...No Tennis mentioned yet, guess it goes on with no crowd???

"You just can't slam the border shut because someone's sneezed. And I mean that respectfully,"

Huh, seems like Tina may not be a fan of certain premiers.

Foolish Tina

Can't she see

That shutting borders

Makes us free!

Back