Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

apparently there's a new type of strain in south australia? one that spreads far more quickly than previous versions?

In about an hour or so there'll be no more checkpoints at the Queensland border. I'm sure those people who have been whining about these necessary measures will be itching to get up to the Sunshine state toot suite.

It is noticeable Victorians have been chastened
by what happened last time they left lockdown
and behaved like dickheads,following no rules to stop infection

Now, most still wearing masks just walking around, everyone is being good,distancing
sanitising etc
It certainly feels nice walking outside maskless when nobody is close
People are keeping masks on at street strip shopping outside and inside
Everyone kept kicking Dan Andrews....
thank heavens he stood firm when they kept whinging to open up
For now,we have a miracle for Christmas

Dan deserves credit, his leadership has achieved what nobody anywhere has been able to do
Elimination after a huge 2nd surge.......it feels so awesome
(don’t bother telling me it was all his fault 2nd surge, it was everyone’s fault, and how come gladys gets away with everything.....sneaky and serious?)

On another point.....
If you belong to the vulnerable, ie underlying health issues/elderly/etc
ORANGE keep your distance badges/hats is now a thing

Well there is a cluster of (currently) 19 happening now where I am. We have been very fortunate all year to avoid it until now. :(

Reactions: kxk
Things are apparently bad where I am. Back to fairly strict lockdown. Only retail is open. And medical obviously. But pretty much nothing else.

Things are apparently bad where I am. Back to fairly strict lockdown. Only retail is open. And medical obviously. But pretty much nothing else.
Yeah, no good over there at all. Good luck.

29 cases here now and awaiting the results of thousands of tests so that number will undoubtedly grow in the next couple of days. All the bars got shut down on Friday night for two weeks. Schools had only reopened a couple of weeks ago and were only going a couple of days before this outbreak happened and got shut down again. Been lucky here until now. I hope it doesn't explode.

28 cases in two days, likely linked to a US strain. Northern Beaches basically on lock down and mass testing is underway.

Surprisingly, the QLD premier has kept her borders open. I think that's the real shock here.

Sorry to hear about the outbreak over there in Sydney. As I mentioned earlier about the outbreak in Adelaide is to get yourself face masks and start wearing them straight away don't wait until it's too late. Protect yourself and others around you as this cluster could be bigger than what they think.

I was watching the ABC news in the morning and they showed some list of possible places of transmission and well let's say it looked like it was over 30 shops and places where people could have been infected already.

Here in Melbourne I still always put on a face mask when I leave the front door and will be doing so for a very long time no matter what the authorities say. As you just never know when another infected traveller or cluster will pop up.

Good luck and take care everyone!

Back