Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

So you can get a haircut now but must wear a mask for the entirety of the service... Which basically means I still cannot get a haircut.

Fuck off Dan Andrews.

Think Ill just go to a sheep shearer.
My covid beard makes Ned Kelly"s look like bum fluff.

Last edited:
I still can't see my children...or the rest of my family. I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere with only my husband for company for months and months. I may have to do something drastic...but what? Divorce? Justifiable homicide? Or just have another drink?

I still can't see my children...or the rest of my family. I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere with only my husband for company for months and months. I may have to do something drastic...but what? Divorce? Justifiable homicide? Or just have another drink?

Hey hang in there Sephrenia just two more weeks to go. I think then you will be able to travel anywhere from country Victoria to Melbourne. Well we hope so anyway... :(

tumblr_onbklxIYas1rdizqpo1_500.gifv

Yesterday was the first day of eased restrictions here in Melbourne and I was driving down this road and noticed that almost every restaurant and pub were as packed as you can get with patrons all lining up at the doors and the outdoor seated dining area's were at full capacity from what I could see. I could also notice that there is no way that these venue's are observing or maintaining the 1.5 metre distancing rules at all. People are all sitting very close to each other. Of course you can't wear a mask while eating or drinking so no one was also wearing masks while attending all these premises, even after eating you could see everyone just sitting around talking and laughing and not putting their face masks back on again.

All I can say is let's hope the case numbers stay down this time around but in all honesty from what I have seen just on the first day of opening many people are acting like this COVID-19 virus thing has gone and everything is now back to normal again. We all wish it was but sadly it's not the case.

Although I feel like it was an awfully long wait for you all to get out of lockdown maybe the rationale was that they recognised that everyone was going to crowd the shops and cafes when they could. I guess its human nature to want to get to the places you have been craving on the first day you can. So to make sure the infection rate in Melbourne was as low as possible before letting everyone out of lockdown hopefully there won't be a resurgence in cases. I really want the worst of it to be over for you all. Fingers crossed.

Although I feel like it was an awfully long wait for you all to get out of lockdown maybe the rationale was that they recognised that everyone was going to crowd the shops and cafes when they could.

There really is no other rationale for it. It was always inevitable.

Reactions: kxk
There really is no other rationale for it. It was always inevitable.
The only other rationale I can come up with involves wanting to have a melbourne sized version of Big Brother with no evictions and no live feed and it to outlast any of the BB seasons we had in Australia.

The only other rationale I can come up with involves wanting to have a melbourne sized version of Big Brother with no evictions and no live feed and it to outlast any of the BB seasons we had in Australia.

LOL! Well haven't we been in lockdown and isolation here in Melbourne since around March 2020? What's that 8 months of isolation before entering the Big Brother house? lol Oh well this will be the only Big Brother show I will be ever be involved in! LOL!

I keep hearing on the news reports that we have had the longest and strictest restrictions anywhere in the world here in Melbourne. Gees another great milestone for good old Melbourne! lol. I guess we went from the most livable city to the most unlivable city now? lol We always shatter records here in this great city.

Welcome to the new world of COVID-19 lockdown Big Brother. I'm sure BB COVID-19 Melbourne will be the clear winner of this new worldwide real life reality (horror) show that's for sure...lol :D ;)

LOL! Well haven't we been in lockdown and isolation here in Melbourne since around March 2020? What's that 8 months of isolation before entering the Big Brother house? lol Oh well this will be the only Big Brother show I will be ever be involved in! LOL!

I keep hearing on the news reports that we have had the longest and strictest restrictions anywhere in the world here in Melbourne. Gees another great milestone for good old Melbourne! lol. I guess we went from the most livable city to the most unlivable city now? lol We always shatter records here in this great city.

Welcome to the new world of COVID-19 lockdown Big Brother. I'm sure BB COVID-19 Melbourne will be the clear winner of this new worldwide real life reality (horror) show that's for sure...lol :D ;)
Well seven did say the rules were changing this year and it was a bb like no other. Maybe the pre recorded thing was just a pretence?

Well seven did say the rules were changing this year and it was a bb like no other. Maybe the pre recorded thing was just a pretence?

Ha! Well just imagine how much more money Seven could save on BB production costs and they could now even have real live feeds from the streets of Melbourne for all the daily updates, heck why stop there bring back BB Uplate from the streets of Melbourne aswell! Gees now I feel like Mike Goldman providing everyone updates from my observations on the streets of isolation lockdown BB Melbourne...lol :D

Seriously though one thing I sure don't miss is all the traffic congestion that has also returned with the easing of restrictions. After it being so quiet for so many months it now feels like a traffic jam everywhere I travel.

I went out yesterday to get some essentials and it certainly looks like things are back to normal. Retail is really busy again and also I noticed that alot more people had gone out to dine yesterday being a friday afternoon/night almost every eatery and pub I could see was chock a block with patrons outside and you could also see people indoors near the windows. Almost like packed in like sardines you could say. All again not wearing masks and also sitting too close to eachother to be observing any social distancing rules.

All I can say is let's hope the case numbers still stay this low in the coming weeks.

Went out yesterday for some shopping and noticed that the shopping centre now has a security guard at each entrance which I haven't seen at all during this whole pandemic in Melbourne. I also noticed each one was holding a box of face masks. I am assuming they are there to hand any out to anyone not wearing one. Ok where were these free face masks at shopping centres during the last whole 8 months of this pandemic? All of a sudden now that all the retail has opened they suddenly thought oh maybe we should probably hand out some free face masks to anyone that might not be wearing one? :rolleyes:

Also does anyone else remember all the news at the start of this pandemic how the government can check samples of sewage here and there to see if this virus is still around in certain area's. I haven't heard anything about this at all from the Victorian government since the very start of the pandemic?

Now we are hearing there is zero cases and zero deaths which seems to be great news. But what we are not hearing is anyone from the government constantly telling the public to go and get tested if they have any sort of symptoms. I don't think many people are getting tested at all during this great weather in Melbourne.

Well this will be the first year that I won't be going to my local TAB to place a bet on the Melbourne cup. I can just imagine the lines and crowds at the TAB today like every Melbourne cup day. Better to avoid any crowded closed confined places like that knowing that this virus is still out there in the community.

Back