Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Yes, I noticed that on Sunrise today. It was an odd position to take, no impartial interviewing, she very vocally thought it was "good on you".
She also found Trump dancing to YMCA funny. Maybe she was having an off day.

Yes, I noticed that on Sunrise today. It was an odd position to take, no impartial interviewing, she very vocally thought it was "good on you".
She also found Trump dancing to YMCA funny. Maybe she was having an off day.

I wonder if the producers told her to do that to drum up attention?

Angela Bishop went full Sky-News one morning too. It's funny how the worst of it seems to come from personalities from Sydney rather than Melbourne.

Hairdressers open tomorrow which is concerning as too many people in same area risks transmission. They are expecting a customer influx as well after being closed for months.

Umm...what do you propose they do? We have to learn to live with this thing one way or the other and gradually opening up businesses and getting people to become confident with going about "normal" activities is surely one of them? You can't live your life in fear forever.

Umm...what do you propose they do? We have to learn to live with this thing one way or the other and gradually opening up businesses and getting people to become confident with going about "normal" activities is surely one of them? You can't live your life in fear forever.

I would not have closed salons in the first place. Irresponsible to open them now with so many needing haircuts. They will be packed now and before you know it, we will have a third wave...

I would not have closed salons in the first place. Irresponsible to open them now with so many needing haircuts. They will be packed now and before you know it, we will have a third wave...
A LOT of things were probably handled badly because of you-know-who BUT we are where we are. I'm sure measures have been put in place as to numbers allowed in salons and the protocols involved in safely managing any contagion. I know that here (where salons have been open for some time) you have to use hand sanitizer upon entering, you must wear a mask and there are only 2 people allowed in the salon at any one time (the salon has 10 chairs).

A LOT of things were probably handled badly because of you-know-who BUT we are where we are. I'm sure measures have been put in place as to numbers allowed in salons and the protocols involved in safely managing any contagion. I know that here (where salons have been open for some time) you have to use hand sanitizer upon entering, you must wear a mask and there are only 2 people allowed in the salon at any one time (the salon has 10 chairs).

Initially I thought closing the salons would be a good idea. Not for longer than 2 weeks though...

My concern is that some of these places will be fully staffed tomorrow (10+ people) and have loads of customers waiting. Guess we will see.

Initially I thought closing the salons would be a good idea. Not for longer than 2 weeks though...

My concern is that some of these places will be fully staffed tomorrow (10+ people) and have loads of customers waiting. Guess we will see.
Yes, I guess we will see. Although, I think the hairdressers will be responsible and handle their clients in a sensible manner. Oh wait...are you concerned about places like Just Cuts etc...where you don't have an appointment?

Yes, I guess we will see. Although, I think the hairdressers will be responsible and handle their clients in a sensible manner. Oh wait...are you concerned about places like Just Cuts etc...where you don't have an appointment?

Exactly. Those types of places. Lines will be huge.

Will places operate without appointments though? Here almost everything needed an appointment when we came out of lockdown. Hair cuts included. Going to the gym/pool even.

I wish Mooseface. All the barber shops around me who I have enquired to are walk ins only and were packed out today.

ffdb09c0aa128f4a0042249222d1bc15

Back