Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

There's nothing that commendable about doing more or better than the United States. Many countries have responded better than they have.
No but Affable has spent the last year telling us all how wonderful Trump is therefore I was using him as an exampe

Reactions: kxk
There’s no “right answer”. The state is doomed now. Stage 4 should have been weeks ago!
Oh ok so its not that you ahve a problem with stage 4 more in the timing. Sorry I was reading your comments that you had issue with stage 4 which seemed strange based on what you had been saying on here. I am pleased stage 4 has finally happened too - I wish it had happened earlier for you all too.

I think Victoria will end up like the UK, Spain or Italy on a smaller scale.

The numbers will probably slow down eventually but I think community transmission is going to be common for a few more months.

The other states still seem to have manageable numbers but we should be very vigilant otherwise we might end up in a similar situation!

Oh ok so its not that you ahve a problem with stage 4 more in the timing. Sorry I was reading your comments that you had issue with stage 4 which seemed strange based on what you had been saying on here. I am pleased stage 4 has finally happened too - I wish it had happened earlier for you all too.

Yeah my issue is with the timing of it all.

Yeah my issue is with the timing of it all.
It is very frustrating for you all. Hopefully the numbers are still low enough that this will work. Vic needs to look to some of the things NZ did in Stage 4 lockdown to encourage everyone to stick to thier own little bubble.

New Zealand did well but I don't think community transmission was as common there as it is in Victoria now. I'm probably going to sound very pessimistic but sadly I think it's too widespread now for Victoria to solve this problem quickly. The lockdown will probably help but at a gradual pace.

I think Victoria will end up like the UK, Spain or Italy on a smaller scale.

The numbers will probably slow down eventually but I think community transmission is going to be common for a few more months.

The other states still seem to have manageable numbers but we should be very vigilant otherwise we might end up in a similar situation!

Hard border closures!

New Zealand did well but I don't think community transmission was as common there as it is in Victoria now. I'm probably going to sound very pessimistic but sadly I think it's too widespread now for Victoria to solve this problem quickly. The lockdown will probably help but at a gradual pace.
NZ did have some community transmission - mostly in about 16 main clusters.

I think NZ stage 4 was harsher than stage 4 sounds like it will be for Vic. Everything shutdown in stage 4 except supermarkets pharmacies medical and emergency services. What counted as an essential service was a lot stricter than what it will be in vic. No butchers or fruit and veg shops could be open, no cafes etc for take aways.

Reactions: kxk
NZ did have some community transmission - mostly in about 16 main clusters.

I think NZ stage 4 was harsher than stage 4 sounds like it will be for Vic. Everything shutdown in stage 4 except supermarkets pharmacies medical and emergency services. What counted as an essential service was a lot stricter than what it will be in vic. No butchers or fruit and veg shops could be open, no cafes etc for take aways.

If it was mostly 'clusters' in New Zealand then that might indicate they controlled the situation well overall. In Melbourne it seems like transmission is too widespread now to quickly suppress. As I said earlier I think Victoria's situation is like a smaller scale UK, Spain and Italy. I think it's much worse than what New Zealand experienced.

If it was mostly 'clusters' in New Zealand then that might indicate they controlled the situation well overall. In Melbourne it seems like transmission is too widespread now to quickly suppress. As I said earlier I think Victoria's situation is like a smaller scale UK, Spain and Italy. I think it's much worse than what New Zealand experienced.
yeah the fact there is so many unknown origin cases in Melbourne is concerning - I expected contact tracing in Australia to be better

This is a list of a few australian made face masks. I watched John Oliver yesterday and found out a lot of the face maskes coming from China are being made by forcing slave labour from uighers trapped in internment camps. So being able to buy a mask that is helping refugees start thier life here in Australia, or help people in bushfire effected areas of Australia is where I would rather encourage anyones money to go.

Thanks for the link I ordered two from Merino Country.

Back