Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

That announcement Morrison made today was a National Cabinet Plan. A work of state and Federal government working together.
Well yes.
But as you see some are lifting restrictions and others arent.
Working together as a common goal but have to be staggered as the indivudual state circumstances demand.

I have seen many people not social distancing. I think it's still too early.

Yes, I've seen people not socially distancing either. But the police can't be everywhere at once. People are going to have to practice personal responsibility.

I prefer the virus to be controlled which it is not.

I prefer not to be in a uni lecture theatre with 100 other people with 1 possibly having the virus. No thank you.

I'm sure unis will put restrictions in place. Maybe they'll hold lectures on zoom?

I'm sure unis will put restrictions in place. Maybe they'll hold lectures on zoom?

Nope. Look at SA for example... They are sending students back on Monday for lectures. Flawed policy because Morrison thinks students of all kind are immune from the virus.

Nope. Look at SA for example... They are sending students back on Monday for lectures. Flawed policy because Morrison thinks students of all kind are immune from the virus.

Oh, ok. Interesting to see how it all works out.

In sa there are only two active cases currently reported that is why they feel confident to do that I guess.

Depends what you mean by normal. After 9-11 the world had to adjust to a new normal with different security measures becoming the new normal. So there may be some new normals to come out of this. For instance I think the uptake in using zoom and other services for meetings instead of flying people in or using just a phone will increase in businesses as a result as people who haven't normally used the tech themselves have had to work out how to.

Booo zoom ruining toastmasters
Thats an interesting point. Its actually a whole new business for something like toastmasters. Learning how to present effectively online is different than face to face.

You miss the energy of the room. Plus I mean it's not like toastmasters is important business work stuff so it's easier not to pay much attention to it.

Back