Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

They're filmed at the same location and use much of the same missions - only difference is the US one is a couple of episodes shorter and full of reality stars.

It was certainly worth watching both last year and I think it's the same so far this year too - the US one is very good, but the UK one is just on fire this year. Everything seems to have aligned perfectly for them and tonights episode has set up the final week perfectly.

The round tables are quite funny to watch, since unlike most shows where votes are written, they don't make them ensure they have the correct spelling of anyone's name and somehow we end up with so many variations of a single name.

Harry's spelling of Charlotte as "Charlot" was quite funny to see. tbh I'm surprised he didn't go with "Charlit".

Feel whilst the UK version has steamrollered to it's finale after the funeral episode and is just gaining momentum that the US version has hit a bit of a mid-series slump, not helped by the one episode a series release.

Adding Kate in feels rather desperate.

Reactions: Kaz
Was a little disappointed to see that Ross got banished in the first UK episode of the week - was hoping to see him get Harry out which would have given the mother/son thing an impact on the game since otherwise it really went nowhere and did nothing. Sadly, he just very quickly came undone instead. :(

If I had to guess, the finale is going to see Harry walk away with all the money and Andrew will get banished before the game ends.

Won't spoil the outcome but great they added a reunion episode this year with the spin-off Uncloaked. It was missed last year, though they did have them on Claudia's radio show after the final, as indeed is happening this weekend too.

Claudia is a great host.

You can tell that she would love to join in the challenges.

Record ratings last night - 5.75m for the final, peaking at 7m for the end game.

The spin off reunion show Uncloaked got 3.1m, more than the main series 1 final got in the overnights.

Finally starting US season 2 now that UK is done and oh man... I feel like I've fallen into a parallel universe. Because of watching past Studio Lambert shows (and posts in this thread) I knew it would have similarities to the UK show that has just ended, but even I wasn't prepared for it to be a direct 1:1 copy and paste just with a different cast and the order of the missions mixed up a bit (I've watched up to episode 3 so far - so maybe something new comes up I haven't seen yet).

Its almost like Studio Lambert just used this as a practice run before filming the UK show. I was expecting something a little more effort than this... :(

It's kind of fascinating having two almost identical productions - the funeral episodes just show how even how something is identical on paper it can play out very differently depending on who ends up at the centre of it.

The round tables are quite funny to watch, since unlike most shows where votes are written, they don't make them ensure they have the correct spelling of anyone's name and somehow we end up with so many variations of a single name.

Harry's spelling of Charlotte as "Charlot" was quite funny to see. tbh I'm surprised he didn't go with "Charlit".
This sums it all up:

Apparently 10Play have now added the second UK season and the episodes released so far from the US series.

So US 2 finally did something new that wasn't in UK 2 - and it was a complete dud. Not to mention it also reeks of production trying to keep Peter in the game because the moment he goes, everyone knows the show is going to get so much more boring.

Appreciated something new but yep, absolutely felt like they were trying to protect the only faithful that had a clue.

Could have been more interesting if they had a round table where they had to vote on whether they want to banish or protect, then proceed the way the players decide.

P.S. Phaedra is absolutely top tier Traitor.

Could have been more interesting if they had a round table where they had to vote on whether they want to banish or protect, then proceed the way the players decide.
If production's goal was to save Peter, that wouldn't have achieved it as the majority would vote for banishment and then follow it up with a vote for Peter.

Yes but we'd have got a discussion put of it and seen people have to decide between protecting themselves from potential banishment or potential murder. Think Peter and Pavarti would have both been squirming.

I can't stand Phaeda.

I want John Bercow to win. The only non reality star.

Though he is hated in the UK

Last edited:
Wouldn't say he was hated - far more respected than the current speaker though left under a cloud, but a cloud that many feel was constructed by his political opposition.

For what should have been a somewhat decent episode to watch on paper, the new episode of the US show was surprisingly underwhelming. The tension between Peter and Phaedra just wasn't there like it was previously for Parvati vs Peter I thought.

She voted for Peter and he will be banished. From the trailer released before the season began, there are shots of Phaedra in an as-yet unseen mission.

x7liiv0109kc1.jpg

Back