Skip to main content

The Traitors AU

Over the cliffhanger episodes.

MJ is looking in the direction of the person she voted for.

Binged the entire first season of the UK show over the weekend - and it helped cement my thoughts that the UK show is way ahead of the US show as being the better of the two.

Due to it leaning completely on those with previous reality TV experience this year, so much of each episodes is spent watching the cast perform to create good TV (especially in the confessionals and in the Traitor Turret). Yes the US show is significantly more confrontational and dramatic, but if thats what I was wanting I'd probably start watching a scripted drama instead.

Unless US has an all "normal people" season, I can't see myself coming back. Seeing all these reality stars together on one show doesn't appeal to me because I've never heard of 90% of them.

Last edited:
Binged the entire first season of the UK show over the weekend - and it helped cement my thoughts that the UK show is way ahead of the US show as being the better of the two.

Due to it leaning completely on those with previous reality TV experience this year, so much of each episodes is spent watching the cast perform to create good TV (especially in the confessionals and in the Traitor Turret). Yes the US show is significantly more confrontational and dramatic, but if thats what I was wanting I'd probably start watching a scripted drama instead.

Unless US has an all "normal people" season, I can't see myself coming back. Seeing all these reality stars together on one show doesn't appeal to me because I've never heard of 90% of them.
I watch a board game channel on you tube and they have had ivan from season one on there a few times - he seems pretty funny - how was he on the traitors? I haven't watched any of them at all and wondering if it is worth trying

I watch a board game channel on you tube and they have had ivan from season one on there a few times - he seems pretty funny - how was he on the traitors? I haven't watched any of them at all and wondering if it is worth trying
They’re not bad. Good characters. Show is not being renewed for more seasons, so now they’re pretty much legendary.

Much better US episode this week (the penultimate one), even if the outcomes were somewhat inevitable.

They’re not bad. Good characters. Show is not being renewed for more seasons, so now they’re pretty much legendary.
as long as that is legendary in a good way and not legendary in Jalinsky's own mind kind of way :)

10play had the final episode up hours before US got to see it.

I like the reunion shows.

Not bothered with the reunion show (don't think I watched last years either) but having cooled off in the final few episodes the finale did deliver. It's amazing really how a format where on paper there are just two possible outcomes of the finale has actually delivered several variations of those outcomes, with what we saw in the US finale something I hadn't seen before (and this is the 8th series I've watched - 2 UK, 2 AU, 1 NZ, 1 Canada, 2 US).

The reunion show is great, as it shows how bitter some of them are.

Take Peppermint she hinted she was booted because she was different. Hinted that Trishelle was racist etc.

She was booted because she said she was a Traitor instead of Faithful. :laugh:

I watched the reunion, found it to mostly be a waste of time. Generally a question was asked to someone, you could tell that they probably gave quite a long answer, but it got reduced to a single sentence sound-bite and then moved on.

Back