Skip to main content

The thread of positivity

...I absolutely love walking in the rain... I used to think that I was weird or something... perhaps it reminds me of when I was a kid living in England where it rained all of the time lol... I love getting rained upon... it so refreshing... and I love the smell of when it first starts and you can smell the dirt and dust when it gets wet... that is such a unique smell... um... I'm really starting to sound weird now aren't I?... lol!... I'll shut up now... cheers.
Not weird at all. I love that smell too. It's up there with that clothes on the line smell. I have only recently started to enjoy walking in the rain. It IS refreshing and a bit relaxing.

I like that I have yet to punch my computer screen in frustration of @bleachy_dude's endless positivity.

I like that I've managed to refrain from verbally abusing @reepbot for his endless Tina Arena references.

I like that the final apocalyptic destruction of this forum (when @MADONNA and I finally have a disagreement) has not yet come to pass.

I like the thought that @David's beard will change that god awful unimaginative name some time in the future.

I like watching member's tearing each other to shreds on issues that are purely subjective.

I like thinking about the look on @AntiGretel's face when I beat him in next year's outstanding troll awards.

I like cats. (Except the one's that appear on Big Brother)

Yes. Positivity feels so much better. Thanks for the enlightening thread Reepbot. :)

This cheered me up

Again

I always get "Spice Up Your Life" in my head when reading this thread title!

988r29.jpg

I love the smell of old books.
Oh me too!

I know I use iBooks for reading these days, but I always pop into the library here and there and see whether I can borrow books. I love the smell of picking a book from the shelf. It's like my own world away from everyone

...getting back to what I was saying before about the rain and the smell of the dirt and dust and all when the rain is just starting... I love it when you get those giant raindrops going splat!... splat!... splat! when it's the start of a massive downpour too... (I forgot to mention that in my earlier post)... sorry... I just had to share that... cheers.

...getting back to what I was saying before about the rain and the smell of the dirt and dust and all when the rain is just starting... I love it when you get those giant raindrops going splat!... splat!... splat! when it's the start of a massive downpour too... (I forgot to mention that in my earlier post)... sorry... I just had to share that... cheers.
I need to by my boys a raincoat and some gumboots for this years rainy days. I have a feeling they will love splashing about... Though not sure as much as you will lol

I need to by my boys a raincoat and some gumboots for this years rainy days. I have a feeling they will love splashing about... Though not sure as much as you will lol

...it's funny that you say that Sweetgeek... I'm 61 years young and sometimes when it's raining and I'm walking down a street with my wife and I see a big puddle my wife knows to disassociate herself away from me and to walk in a different direction so people don't think that we are together I guess... because she knows that I'm about to go into 'child mode'...

...I go over to the puddle and do a sort of tap dancing thingamaggig and splash the water everywhere while getting myself drenched at times... people look on as if I'm mentally deficient... but I always feel some of them envy me and wish that they could lower their inhibitions and join me... they never have yet but I always hope that one day somebody will lol!...

...as my signature says... "Growing old is compulsory... growing up is optional"... life is too short not to have fun and act childish at times!... I just thought that I'd share this with you lol!... cheers.

...it's funny that you say that Sweetgeek... I'm 61 years young and sometimes when it's raining and I'm walking down a street with my wife and I see a big puddle my wife knows to disassociate herself away from me and to walk in a different direction so people don't think that we are together I guess... because she knows that I'm about to go into 'child mode'...

...I go over to the puddle and do a sort of tap dancing thingamaggig and splash the water everywhere while getting myself drenched at times... people look on as if I'm mentally deficient... but I always feel some of them envy me and wish that they could lower their inhibitions and join me... they never have yet but I always hope that one day somebody will lol!...

...as my signature says... "Growing old is compulsory... growing up is optional"... life is too short not to have fun and act childish at times!... I just thought that I'd share this with you lol!... cheers.
That put a smile on my face :) It's the simplest things that bring the greatest joys. I'm really glad you shared this with me. I will join my kids in jumping in the puddles

That put a smile on my face :) It's the simplest things that bring the greatest joys. I'm really glad you shared this with me. I will join my kids in jumping in the puddles

...way to go Sweetgeek!... trust me... no matter how wet or muddy you get... you will have fun!... those moments don't present themselves as often as they should for me lol!... as I said... life's too short to miss out on childish fun lol!... cheers.

I love the smell of bleach, it bring peace of mind knowing that my house is clean..... Yes yes I know some bacteria is good and we humans use too much cleaning products, but I don't care.... I've been indoctrinated thought out my whole life to think this way..... AND I LOVE IT!!!

I love the smell of bleach, it bring peace of mind knowing that my house is clean..... Yes yes I know some bacteria is good and we humans use too much cleaning products, but I don't care.... I've been indoctrinated thought out my whole life to think this way..... AND I LOVE IT!!!

...I read that as... bleachy!... lol!... "I love the smell of bleachy"... I thought... 'ooooh... some gossip!'...anyhow... there's nothing wrong with being a clean freak... my wife has trained me into being a 'clean-and-tidy-up-after-you' type of person now... especially when I'm cooking!... (which is 95% of the time lol!)... it's taken her 35 years to get me to this stage so I guess that persistence pays off!... cheers.

...I read that as... bleachy!... lol!... "I love the smell of bleachy"... I thought... 'ooooh... some gossip!'...anyhow... there's nothing wrong with being a clean freak... my wife has trained me into being a 'clean-and-tidy-up-after-you' type of person now... especially when I'm cooking!... (which is 95% of the time lol!)... it's taken her 35 years to get me to this stage so I guess that persistence pays off!... cheers.
Bahaha.... Well that explains why he liked that post...

And your wife is a lucky lady, some men never get to the point that you're at. Well done Mrs stickyfingers.

Yep, cleaning up while you're cooking is very important. Don't want to get sick or anything like that.

Back