Skip to main content

The storm came and fucked shit up :(

Brisbane just got hit with an intense storm with hailstone the size of golfballs and crazy strong winds! this was the damage we got :( Our gazebo is in ruins, Our spa is ok YAY!!! haha Car has a smashed front wind screen, and of course my bedroom window was the only one that got smashed!!! Now a cardboard box #TheBlock Haha! Today you suck.....On the phone with insurance, landlord etc.....I need a drink...... rest of house is good. not looking forward to cleaning this mess up tomorrow! good times, GOOD TIMES!!! The storm came and fucked shit up. worst one I have seen here in years!!! Hope everyone else in Brisbane is safe and isn't suffering too much damage!!
B3byv9jCEAAR96P.jpg
B3bmzhrCQAAi89H.jpg
photo.php
B3b5t8jCMAAs8M9.jpg:large
Oh my God!

This is the first I'm hearing of it!!

Just as well the finale wasn't in Brisbane and was the previous day. Glad to know there's no human damage. Hope you all get your things sorted out satisfactorily and quickly.

Didn't realise how life threatening it could have been until Fub got home. His face is a little cut up from the windscreen smashing as he said there were huge hail stones smashing into the windscreen at a side angle, so it smashed the windscreen good and proper, resulting in shards hitting him. He was lucky that a shard didn't go into his eye or elsewhere. He was lucky there was a Servo 300M down the road for him to pull into at the time.
Wow so lucky, it was so severe - glad to hear he is OK & not badly injured, some pics on fb eww YUK with deep deep glass cuts into their legs etc[DOUBLEPOST=1417142190][/DOUBLEPOST]
The storm was insane!! It smashed my awesome glass table I have on my deck :(
That sux, I hope your home ins covers it & you can get a newby...

This is right next to my work!!! Got flooded and Water coming in through the ceiling, was SCARY!!! Glad everyone is ok, building had to be evacuated
10478527_804466102925259_6923340857564919964_n.jpg
10501953_804466142925255_1747071880296751245_n.jpg

This is right next to my work!!! Got flooded and Water coming in through the ceiling, was SCARY!!! Glad everyone is ok, building had to be evacuated
10478527_804466102925259_6923340857564919964_n.jpg
10501953_804466142925255_1747071880296751245_n.jpg

Mess! I hadn't realised how much damage there was.
Apparently up the end of our street there is no power and yet we weren't affected.
Went to take my son to school this morning and there was someone there saying no school because no power and trees down etc. His reaction was of extreme disappointment (FUCK YES!!) - my 'mum' response - 'stop swearing' lol.

Mess! I hadn't realise how much damage there was.
Apparently up the end of our street there is no power and yet we weren't affected.
Went to take my son to school this morning and there was someone there saying no school because no power and trees down etc. His reaction was of extreme disappointment (FUCK YES!!) - my 'mum' response - 'stop swearing' lol.
Hahaha that's terrible but hilarious! I was shocked to see all the damage in city area etc, wow! looked like a bomb hit the place. intense

Yes, because cricketers are more important than millions of dollars in storm damage...
No, more because I hadn't listened to any news since 4pm the previous day.

Just watched the news now and you will be pleased to know there was more than enough time in the news bulletin to share both the tragedy which resulted in a young man being killed and the horrific storm damage.

But if we are going to compare, any cricketer whether he be 6 with a plastic bat, or 25 at an elite level is worth far more than any number of dollars you can put on storm damage.

What an unnecessarily nasty thing to elude to.

Wonder how the BB house survived? There's not a lot of exposed glass except the kitchen/laundrette but I wonder if it flooded at all?
I can see Dreamworld (well, the Tower of Terror) from my spot here in the lounge room and we had no hail at all, so the house would have been fine luckily. Although I imagine that if there was hail here on GF night it wouldn't have been too good, especially with the housemates sitting in the backyard.

No not Pizza Cafe! haha One of my old housemates used to work there though! Ok, It's not technically Right next to my work, but close! hahaha ;P

OH no way haha! I was going to say, I could have been getting served by a BBB member and not even realised haha

Back