Skip to main content

The Reepbot Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a film suggestion for you.
OSS 117: Cairo. Nest of Spies

It's a French film from about 15 years ago, which is a satire of Bond, but not in the Austin Powers way.

Thank you.

There's also a sequel, "Lost in Rio."

I'm actually not sure how to watch them here. I've got Cairo on DVD after randomly discovering it on World Movies.

I saw the sequel at a French film festival.

I now want to watch them again and am looking for a non-super expensive Blu-ray option.

And in this googling I just discovered they made a third one which is yet to come out!!!!!! ❤️

There's also a sequel, "Lost in Rio."

I'm actually not sure how to watch them here. I've got Cairo on DVD after randomly discovering it on World Movies.

I saw the sequel at a French film festival.

I now want to watch them again and am looking for a non-super expensive Blu-ray option.

And in this googling I just discovered they made a third one which is yet to come out!!!!!! ❤️

Ohhhh ok

What was the French Film Festival like?

Every year in Melbourne Alliance Française, which is an international French organisation has a film festival which is generally just French films showed at various theatres around Melbourne. It's no different than just booking and seeing a normal film.

I haven't been for quite a few years. I don't really like film festivals. While it'sgood to see stuff that doesn't normally get released. There's a general vibe of pretentious wankers who go but have no interest in the actual films.

It's the "cultured" and "artsy" thing to do.

You go see some obscure, quirky coming of age film and half the audience looks like they'd be friends with SJ who booked to see a film every night not caring what it was.

I know I am being harsh and judgemental, but that's what it feels like. I know people who literally don't go to the cinema at all except during film festivals. It's wanky. Although I love films and going to the cinema.

Every year in Melbourne Alliance Française, which is an international French organisation has a film festival which is generally just French films showed at various theatres around Melbourne. It's no different than just booking and seeing a normal film.

I haven't been for quite a few years. I don't really like film festivals. While it'sgood to see stuff that doesn't normally get released. There's a general vibe of pretentious wankers who go but have no interest in the actual films.

You go see some obscure, quirky coming of age film and half the audience looks like they'd be friends with SJ who booked to see a film every night not caring what it was.

I know I am being harsh and judgemental, but that's what it feels like. I know people who literally don't go to the cinema at all except during film festivals. It's wanky. Although I love films and going to the cinema.
Oi cobber.
I used to journey to alliance francais in grey street St Kilda to improve my french speaking skills and improve my francais understanding of literature due to my deep abide for rimbaud.
Truffaut, Goddard and Renoir were god tier film makers. And tati.
Film festivals tho can go suck my fat one. Popcorn and butter crowds armed with faux intelligentsia fashion and no passion.. I still attended a few incognito. Back in the day it was the only way to view my inspirations.
So tais toi mon frere.;)

Oh ok. I've never been to a film festival. Never interested me.

Oi cobber.
I used to journey to alliance francais in grey street St Kilda to improve my french speaking skills and improve my francais understanding of literature due to my deep abide for rimbaud.
Truffaut, Goddard and Renoir were god tier film makers. And tati.
Film festivals tho can go suck my fat one. Popcorn and butter crowds armed with faux intelligentsia fashion and no passion.. I still attended a few incognito. Back in the day it was the only way to view my inspirations.
So tais toi mon frere.;)

*in a thick Aussie accent*

Par-lay voo fraan-shay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back