Skip to main content

The Reepbot Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bats obviously.
Recently purchased from amazon an anthology of green arrow/green lantern stories. Written by the greatest comic writer in my opinion. Dennnny oneill. Who saved the batman from being obselete after the campy tv show.
He tackled issues of racism drugs and other pressing social issues of the day. Unheard of in comics. Brave and stood against the tide.
5r5R5gHVBw7xH33QbgstLo.jpg

Bats obviously.
Recently purchased from amazon an anthology of green arrow/green lantern stories. Written by the greatest comic writer in my opinion. Dennnny oneill. Who saved the batman from being obselete after the campy tv show.
He tackled issues of racism drugs and other pressing social issues of the day. Unheard of in comics. Brave and stood against the tide.
5r5R5gHVBw7xH33QbgstLo.jpg
That was brave

That was brave
Especially at that time. Early 70's I think. All DC and marvel comics had to have a CCA brand of approval. Comics code authority. A mcarthyist archaic conservative throwback regime. Denny said to DC....fk it. I want to do these stories. And fk it if we dont get the CCA approval.
DC higher ups were hesitant but gave him the green light. And sales went through the roof. And basically disbanded the CCA as a nonsensical anachronistic idiom of yesteryear. Then comics and writers subsequently flourished with the freedom.

Esapecially at that time. Early 70's I think. All DC and marvel comics had to have a CCA brand of approval. Comics code authority. A mcarthyist archaic conservative throwback regime. Denny said to DC....fk it. I want to do these stories. And fk it if we dont get the CCA approval.
DC higher ups were hesitant but gave him the green light. And sales went throught the roof. And basically disbanded the CCA as a nonsensical anachronistic idiom of yesteryear. Then comics and writers subsequently flourished with the freedom.
Yuck mcarthyism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back