Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Very poor mediator
Boring debate
Just serves as getting to know who these people are, sort of
Pence is turd and boring, and keeps speaking over both women
Karmala reinforces her integrity

Are the really going allow someone high on steroids continue in power?
Yep, @Affable crazy

Both are batshit crazy. No good candidates this time around.

Reactions: kxk
THE SOUND, ABC
Is back
I love you ABC, for you give us music, nobody else in local TV land bothers
Crank up the sound, and the sounds are magnificent, great live music I can dance around my house too
And reminisce ......of days gone by when Sunday nights were EVERYTHING

THE SOUND, ABC
Is back
I love you ABC, for you give us music, nobody else in local TV land bothers
Crank up the sound, and the sounds are magnificent, great live music I can dance around my house too
And reminisce ......of days gone by when Sunday nights were EVERYTHING

I do remember when I was younger when channel 7 used to have their Saturday morning music show which was called "Video Smash Hits". Also back in those days channel 10 also had their Saturday and/or Sunday morning music show called "Video Hits", which I think then turned into "The Loop" for the last few years and I just checked online and it seems that's also been cancelled as of February 2020.

But yes the "Rage" music video show on the ABC has been around well since I ever started watching it in the early 90's and it's still on tv to this very day. Yes gotta love the ABC and their music content. They are the only channel still broadcasting music video's here in Australia. :thumbsup:

ABC. COVERAGE of USA election is good
SBS has reputable USA direct coverage, George is a good journo
The rest, all doing mostly their USA affiliate broadcast

I just turned the tv on earlier and noticed that we have blanket coverage of the US election on all major television networks in Australia?

Can someone remind me what country we are living in again? Australia or America? One would wonder... :rolleyes:

It's sad that we barely get any local live coverage of our own local Aussie events when they are in our own country now like we used to get many years ago. But we get blanket live coverage of the US election on all stations! It's an absolute discgrace! :mad:

So the only channel that I can watch here in Melbourne that doesn't have any US election coverage today is the poor old little community channel 31. Mind you this poor little free to air channel is also on limited time before it get the chop from holding it's broadcasting license! Go figure! :(

...well... that was 2020!... some people are saying “thank fuck that THAT year is over and good riddance to it!”... to me on a personal level it was sometimes a great year... I still have my sweet darling wife with me... a beautiful new home... my Physio has improved ten-fold... I’m now able to go to the toilet by myself... shower/dry and finally am able to dress myself at last... I can shave myself... I’m managing to walk about 100 metres with a walker... (all thanks to a new home visiting Physio lady that has been coming to the house for about 4 months methinks!... plus the never ending words of encouragement and full support from my sweet darling wife)...

...being that I could’ve been dead from my major stroke that I had in 2019... I’ve never been happier at the end of 2020 because we gotten through the real hard times together for the last 2 years and my dear darling wife has never given up on me... for that... I so thank her very much...

...in 2020 I have come soooooooo far!... for that... I thank 2020!... (plus sheer hard work in trying to be better on my part)... I could not be happier... sure... COVID and other stuff happening around the World has affected so many people... that’s so sad... but for me?... I’m happy within myself... I’m probably at the most peaceful and stress-free time of my life at the moment... I don’t mind that I’m getting older... I don’t mind that I’m not filthy rich... I’m just... happy!...

...so... because I’m a “always-looking-forward” type of guy I’m looking forward to full recovery in the next few years... as I said.... on a personal level... 2020 has been such a good year for me and my sweet darling wife... farewell to 2020 and hello to 2021 and beyond!... cheers.

Hey @Mr Stickyfingers glad to hear you're still kickin! So glad you're continuing to improve. Great effort, good for you! All the best for 2021, hope it gets even better.

...wow!... thanks my good friend... I hope that all is well with you too!... I’ve been having a great time staying away from free-to-air tv for a while... I’ve been binge watching shows on Netflix/Stan and Prime tv... doing my Bonsai trees... creating a small garden... I’m just about to start oil painting/drawing and general art things again (mainly due to the fact that I’m beginning to get more steady control of my right hand again at last... more precise movements due to a myriad of exercises that I’m able to do now)...

...it’s been so frustrating in not being able to paint and draw for the last 2 years... my art will not be as good as it used to be for many many years yet but at least it’s something for me to strive for for the next few years lol!... I’m going to try swimming again soon... with me still being confined to a wheelchair its going to be annoying that I’ll have to be lowered into the pool by a hoist instead of being able to just dive in but it’s better than nothing I suppose?... (to think of all the stuff that I could do before my stroke that I used to take for granted makes my head spin!)...

...but hey!... I’m really happy in how much I’m improving each day... the last 2 years have been the most gruelling years of our lives but the way that I look at it... there’s ALWAYS others that have it worse off than you so there’s no point on dwelling upon what HAS happened but what you can do about it to improve the situation... always go forward I believe... any how...it’s great to be back on here again... I missed you guys and gals lol!... cheers.

Oh @Mr Stickyfingers so wonderful to see you again, and thank you for giving us a health update
So happy to hear of your progress and that you are relatively happy whilst understandably sometimes frustrated
You are such an accomplished artist that aspect must suck
Did you see the Life Drawing Live, Oz and UK versions?
If not, have a peak ABC/SBS I forget which
Very interesting and inspiring
Cheers

Oh @Mr Stickyfingers so wonderful to see you again, and thank you for giving us a health update
So happy to hear of your progress and that you are relatively happy whilst understandably sometimes frustrated
You are such an accomplished artist that aspect must suck
Did you see the Life Drawing Live, Oz and UK versions?
If not, have a peak ABC/SBS I forget which
Very interesting and inspiring
Cheers
...hey sweet kxk... yes frustration is sometimes annoying me but I’m ready to persevere with trying to paint and draw again as it has always been such a passion of mine since I was about 10 years old... it won’t be anywhere near to the standard that I’m used to but it will still be a joy to at least try and achieve that standard no matter how many years it takes me...

...no I haven’t seen that show that you are talking about but I will look it up for sure... thanks for telling me about it... I’m so happy to see you again... it’s always a pleasure to talk to you because quite often we’re on the same wavelength when it comes to many things (that’s not an insult to you I hope lol!)... great to speak to you again sweet lady... cheers.

...why is it it it it... that nearly every ad ad ad ad for any show nowadays days days days has echo echo echo echo in it it it it?... it’s annoying annoying annoying annoying!... it’s so 1980s 80s 80s 80s... please stop it it it it!... cheers cheers cheers cheers.

...I wasn’t sure where to post this but I found it to be hilarious and just HAD to share it... it’s a birthday card that I’m sending to a freind of mine that is the same age as me... the only thing that I changed was I blacked out the ‘Y’ in the word ‘your’ so that it said ‘our’ ... as I said... I think that it’s hilarious!... cheers.

7E65364A-7F3C-442C-B5F9-19415073B6B2.jpeg

...oh goodey goodey gumdrops!... Tennis/Golf and Cricket are flooding our screens again on free-to-air TV... golly gosh and gee willickers!... how good is that?... NOT!... and people wonder why I stick to watching Netflix/Stan and Prime TV?... (except for when our fave shows are on)... free-to-air TV really does suck!... cheers.

Take it your not a sports fan @Mr Stickyfingers !?
I'm looking forward to the Australian Open this year - our Aussie's are in with a pretty good shot of going deep into the tournament this year.

Turned on tv to chill a bit after labouring...ie gardening, I hate it
Anyway.....woohoo BMX Bandits with baby Nicole K, always curious to see this ancient thing
On 93
She is soooo young, cute...and clearly the only one with a future acting
Not a single familiar face so far.......
Because most of them suck, Nicole does stand out

Back