Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

What are you watching???? Docos, by the dozen, oh how I love our ABC/SBS, the Popes series is fantastic

Ooo la la........Brits do American classic.........on right now

Little Women, made in England.....and already looking like the best ever version, (tho I do love the old American sugary versions)

OMG ..................watching the slow tv, Perth to Sydney, this bit right now is what I was wanting to catch.......

The trip through the Blue Mountains......oooooooooo ......................so,so divine.......just WOW. I want to visit now
The tunnels, so freaky....would make a fantastic setting for some kind of freaky horror movie.....or better still a Doctor Who episode
@Mr Stickyfingers you lucky, lucky soul living in those beautiful mountains, have you watched this trip through your world???

I have done Melb-Perth and vice versa, so many times......this NSW leg is all new, they are the same from SA I think

OMG ..................watching the slow tv, Perth to Sydney, this bit right now is what I was wanting to catch.......

The trip through the Blue Mountains......oooooooooo ......................so,so divine.......just WOW. I want to visit now
The tunnels, so freaky....would make a fantastic setting for some kind of freaky horror movie.....or better still a Doctor Who episode
@Mr Stickyfingers you lucky, lucky soul living in those beautiful mountains, have you watched this trip through your world???

I have done Melb-Perth and vice versa, so many times......this NSW leg is all new, they are the same from SA I think

...my sweet darling wife and myself are up in the Blue Mountains all of the time kxk... as you say... it truly is beautiful... they're going through Katoomba at the moment which is where the Scenic Railway and the 3 Sisters lookout is... not to mention quite a few other things... one of the great things that I like in the Blue Mountains is the ZigZag scenic Railway tour in Lithgow which winds it's way down into a valley whereas it gets to the end of it and then returns you back up the mountain... in the meantime you can actually go into the rail yards at the bottom of the valley and watch the people restoring old trains and can ask them questions on what they are working on at that particular moment... some guys were taking the wheels off an old Locomotive engine and were doing a safety test at that particular time kxk... aw man it was fantastic!... there is a sort of train Museum there where you can see some trains and carriages from yesteryear... there is also a Glow Worm cave that you can see as you do the trip too...

...Katoomba is a great place... old nicky knacky shops and an old bookshop down an alleyway where I bought an old 1930's Billy Bunter Almanac that had the really old fashioned drawings and stories of that era... I love it!... there is also a 3 day Ukelele festival from Friday the 8th of February until Sunday lunchtime on the 10th of February... it's right next to the Katoomba Railway Station at the Historic Carrington Hotel that was built in the 1800's methinks!... here it is...

https://www.thecarrington.com.au/our-hotel/

CHExterior3banner.jpeg.jpg

CHSnowBanner11.jpg

...it is amazing inside believe me... it's like going back in time in some parts of it inside... and I haven't even mentioned the Jenolan Caves... wow!... yes you are right kxk... I'm a very lucky man indeed... cheers.

I thought you lived in the Blue Mountains @Mr Stickyfingers ? Are just close by???

I hope all is going as well as it can for your siblings???They are advancing with treatments it seems every day....
I often wake up thinking it was all a dream they are always still with me

I love this slow tv, can't wait for the glorious Kimberly tour, loved the Christmas reindeer girl

Last edited:
I thought you lived in the Blue Mountains @Mr Stickyfingers ? Are just close by???

I hope all is going as well as it can for your siblings???They are advancing with treatments it seems every day....
I often wake up thinking it was all a dream they are always still with me

I love this slow tv, can't wait for the glorious Kimberly tour, loved the Christmas reindeer girl

...we live at the foot of the Blue Mountains in Windsor... it's about a 15 - 20 minute drive upwards to Kurrajong and anywhere else that we wish to go from there onwards so we're sort of 'Blue Mountainish' types of people so to speak lol!... we're always driving around there for different types of journies all the time so we may aswell be living up there officially I guess?... lol!... the Norman Lindsay Art Gallery is a brilliant place to visit too kxk... there are so many wonderous things to see around in that area that's for sure...

...and... my brother is still doing all of his treatments and is coasting along for now but his Cancer is terminal so we'll have to see what happens I guess?... my sisters Cancer is not terminal fortunately and she is responding well to her treatments but her Red Blood Cell count is low and her immunity system is quite low and she went into Hospital to have some treatment for it yesterday and will most likely be released tomorrow thankfully... but she is doing really well considering all things... thanks for asking me about that... they have both been some of the reasons for me not being on so here much lately amongst other social things and holiday type things as of late for us but from tomorrow onwards I should be back on deck as per normal hopefully lol!... again... thanks for asking... cheers.

Lovely to see you.....hug those siblings as much as you can, it will always mean a lot......I wish for more hugs in life for all.
In my prayers and best regards

Lovely to see you.....hug those siblings as much as you can, it will always mean a lot......I wish for more hugs in life for all.
In my prayers and best regards

...thankyou kxk... you're a wonderful lady indeed... you really are... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Fond of you, you are great presence on this forum
In case you haven't clocked to some helpful support.............https://www.cancer.org.au/
Helped me greatly, you can have an online/phone mentor........I found this support I needed
They will match you with someone who has been through similar circumstances, they can often answer queries you may have, as well as emotional support.
Will PM you an article and response I kind of treasure, helped me a lot

Blue Mountains are now on my bucket list, boy that train trip ............was mindblowing, I had no idea the area is so vast and spectacular

Wouldn't the tunnels make a great spooky Doctor story, I imagine it like vashta nerada....kind of thing?????

Fond of you, you are great presence on this forum
In case you haven't clocked to some helpful support.............https://www.cancer.org.au/
Helped me greatly, you can have an online/phone mentor........I found this support I needed
They will match you with someone who has been through similar circumstances, they can often answer queries you may have, as well as emotional support.
Will PM you an article and response I kind of treasure, helped me a lot

Blue Mountains are now on my bucket list, boy that train trip ............was mindblowing, I had no idea the area is so vast and spectacular

Wouldn't the tunnels make a great spooky Doctor story, I imagine it like vashta nerada....kind of thing?????

...thankyou kxk... how kind of you to say that about me sweet lady... much appreciated... our families are all really quite close so we have been collectively supporting each other with both my brother and sister so I'm quite lucky in that way... thankyou for the links and I will go and have a look-see regardless... thankyou for being the caring type of person that you are kxk... again... very much appreciated my good friend...

...and... yes... The Blue Mountains are quite sensational indeed... I never take them for granted when we're travelling around there... I remember when our parents took us to see Jenolan Caves when I was 15 years old in the late 60's... it was truly wonderous back then... especially the 'Cathedral Cave' (from memory I think that was what it is called)... we went and visited again just a few years ago and it was just as wonderous as when I first ever saw them... truly spectacular indeed...

...and... will you be watching 'I'm a Celeb' at 7:30 kxk?... I sure hope so... I can't wait lol!... again... thanks for all of your kind words... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Watching CHANGING ROOMs on 10, the kind of light fluff I like, whilst everyone else is seduced by MAFS.....I just cannot cope with an actual full dose of that, sticking to dipping into dinners and commitments.
The rest is far too scripted and skanky for my viewing preferences, it is basically a poorly made soap

Back