Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

I know quite a few people who went to his Brisbane gig on Saturday night. They all raced about it and said it was wonderful. Enjoy @Mr Stickyfingers

I hope that you are having a brilliant time.

...sorry to hijack the thread with something that has nothing whatsoever to do with TV BUT!... my sweet darling wife and myself have just got home from our overnight stay near the venue for the Paul McCartney concert last night... it was... it was... absolutely fantabulously fantasticamagorically brilliant!... and... THE BEST EVER concert that we have ever been to!... it was way way WAY above whatever we both expected... it went for just over 3 hours and he did sing 40 songs or more as people have said... there were so many highlights that basically... there are too many to describe to be honest...

...my personal highlights that I do remember were when he sang 'Yesterday/Let it Be/A day in the Life/Hey Jude and Mull of Kintyre' for instance... I nearly cacked my duds when he played 'Live and Let Die'... there was an amazing moment during that song which I won't give away just in case people are going to it tonight... but... WOW!... lol!... also there was something amazing during 'Mull of Kintyre'... as I said... what a superb show... I will never forget it... actually seeing my living musical all time favourite hero 'LIVE' is truly one the best experiences of my life...

...we're still both on a high ride as you can expect... this truly was one of the most happiest times in my life without doubt... seeing a living legend is such a wonderous feeling indeed... as you can see below... I went on a little bit of a spending spree of course lol!... the first image is our tickets and then the things that I bought... the programme booklet... a T-Shirt which is the same as the booklet cover and a bar mat... I'm sooooo stoked!... anyhow... I'll shut up now... I'm sure that you're all bored about this by now lol!... "Yesterday... all my troubles seemed so far away..."...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D... cheers.

our tickets.jpg programme.jpg

T-Shirt.jpg
bar mat.jpg

Last edited:
Wife Swap!!! is back, one of my favourites, just finishing

WINDSORS is a series on a few nights late, it is a hoot, the dim Princesses are sooooo perfectly dumbo and flippy weird
But they are all really dim, and Kate is hiding she is a gypsy, up to date too talking about Meghan, she just appeared.
Harry is um............well basically they are fuckwits, funny as
What channel please?

7......next on Friday, I last watched it Sunday, think it might be a bit of random filler, it is always on about 10.30pm
Princess Bea & Genie.....are so bumbly sloane fools, also Pippa is a ripper jealous bitch. Camilla is an evil mastermind
The Queen I have only seen on screens scowling

The Windsors

'Series 2, Episode 3'
Seven, 10:30pm, Fri, 15 Dec 2017, 60 minutes

Kate would rather not join a pheasant shoot at Sandringham, Harry seeks revenge on Johnny and Wills stumbles across his father's identical twin, Chuck.

Matthew Cottle, Celeste Dring, Louise Ford

Nice one @Mr Stickyfingers .....good to hear you were not disappointed in your hero, and good value
We have been waiting to hear your report, and this is our unofficial chat thread.....TV and whatever you are up to:)

I will be watching this...
Queen Victoria's Children

'The Best Laid Plans'

SBS, 7:30pm, Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 70 minutes

REPEAT

Gain a new understanding of Britain's longest reigning Queen with this fascinating series which explores Queen Victoria's life through stories of the personal relationships between her, her husband Albert the Prince Consort and their nine children. Spanning 60 years, this family saga tells a tale of manipulation, conflict, intimidation, emotional blackmail and fevered attempts by Victoria's children to escape the clutches of their domineering and needy mother.

Followed by a whole lot of new trashy RTV on 9Life I guess, wish I had more docos

And some of this
Doctor Who

'Tooth and Claw'

ABC ME, 8:05pm, Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 40 minutes

REPEAT

The Doctor and Rose journey back to 1879 and uncover a deadly trap dating back centuries. There they meet Queen Victoria.

David Tennant, Billie Piper, Pauline Collins, Ian Hanmore

Series, 2006, United Kingdom, English, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Cult

Kylie & Guy on the Project. I will see this weird movie about the 70s looks like a lot of fun and nostalgia

@Mr Stickyfingers if you are around, if you haven't seen this - you must it is an awesome heartwarming tribute, with Barry watching on, I found this quite lovely to watch.

Staying Alive: Salute To The Bee Gees

9HD Melbourne, 9:00pm, Wed, 13 Dec 2017, 120 minutes

REPEAT

Yep, time certainly does fly when you consider that Saturday Night Fever has now hit the Big 4 0. A Grammy tribute to the Bee Gees featured the likes of Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran, Panic! at the Disco, DNCE, Keith Urban, Celine Dione, John Legend, and Stevie Wonder.
United States, English, Entertainment

QI special, and Vikings for me, and some flicking to Bee Gees

Glad you enjoyed the concert Mr Sticky. Good to hear the old fella has still got it, he's a living legend.

Nice one @Mr Stickyfingers .....good to hear you were not disappointed in your hero, and good value
We have been waiting to hear your report, and this is our unofficial chat thread.....TV and whatever you are up to:)

...thanks Meglos and kxk... it was quite an epic show... I didn't want to say anything too much about the show so as not to spoil it for others in the second show in Sydney and he then finishes his World Tour in New Zealand... he has been touring since 2016... at 75 years old I just don't know how he does it... a 3 hour show without a break at all is phenomenal to me lol!... and...

...this thread has become our unofficial chat thread hasn't it kxk?... lol!... while Commercial TV is in such shitful doldrums why not utilise this thread regardless?... lol!... cheers.

The last episode of The Book Club. :(

Plumpton High Babies doco. Sad that they killed the program for these girls. I wonder what drove that decision.

Tonight this looks interesting....

What Makes A Psychopath?

SBS, 8:30pm, Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 60 minutes

Psychopaths have long captured the public imagination. Painted as charismatic, violent predators lacking in all empathy, they provide intrigue and horror in equal measure. But what precisely is a psychopath? And can they ever be cured? Professor Uta Frith explores the psychopathic mind including one of the most notorious of all, Moors Murderer Ian Brady. Usually considered as untreatable, this program explores breakthrough techniques that may be used to do the impossible � to cure a psychopath.
2017, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Science & Tech, Society & Culture, Medical

Clashing with funnies tho...
The Graham Norton Show

'2017 - Big Red Chair Special'

Eleven, 8:30pm, Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 60 minutes

REPEAT

Graham delivers the real scoop behind British television's most famous piece of furniture - the iconic Big Red Chair - and shares classic anecdotes from the 500 stories broadcast so far.

And it's VIKINGS night, but i miss the departed, it isn't as good without Mr intense

LOL
Sounds like an interesting show doesn't it?
Psychopaths and borderline personality disorder seem to have stuff in common
Have met criminal psychopaths, medicated - still weird, can only imagine without the meds, fellow worker was a bit traumatised by the same crim UNMEDICATED

Back