Skip to main content

The Mole - Netflix

I'm so keen for this. I love the Mole. I wish an Aussie network would pick it up again.

Cool to see it filmed in Australia!
I liked the Anderson Cooper series in the 2000’s. The rest were just kind of so/so if not completely unwatchable.

Right now I’m not really sure about this series. My first impression of the cast isn’t great. The ones heavily featured in the promo don’t seem very likeable. I do fear that this series is leaning too much on the drama and paranoia aspect a little too much. The original had a very eerie/mysterious tone which seems to be lacking here.

I’m also not a big fan of the heavy use of confessionals. The original relied mostly on Anderson’s narration to set the scene. Cast member confessional was used sparingly. I don’t remember any of the cast saying they were there to win or being overly driven by the money aspect.

The original also had an interesting dichotomy in that ultimately players were playing for themselves as there could only be one winner but they had to work as a team to beat The Mole and add money to the pot. These players on the other hand all seem to be A-type’s who are playing for themselves and only themselves.

I liked the Anderson Cooper series in the 2000’s. The rest were just kind of so/so if not completely unwatchable.

Right now I’m not really sure about this series. My first impression of the cast isn’t great. The ones heavily featured in the promo don’t seem very likeable. I do fear that this series is leaning too much on the drama and paranoia aspect a little too much. The original had a very eerie/mysterious tone which seems to be lacking here.

I’m also not a big fan of the heavy use of confessionals. The original relied mostly on Anderson’s narration to set the scene. Cast member confessional was used sparingly. I don’t remember any of the cast saying they were there to win or being overly driven by the money aspect.

The original also had an interesting dichotomy in that ultimately players were playing for themselves as there could only be one winner but they had to work as a team to beat The Mole and add money to the pot. These players on the other hand all seem to be A-type’s who are playing for themselves and only themselves.

I've actually never watched the American version before, only the Aussie ones. Apart from the latest one (2013), they were pretty good!

I'll still give this a go, but I agree, the contestants don't seem particularly likeable in the trailer haha.

Nooooo I didn't realise not all the episodes have dropped. I've got it on the back burner until Oct 21.

I am absolutely LOVING this series re-boot. Some of the contestants don't appear 100% genuine, relatable, or likeable in my opinion, but they are all US I guess.

Really enjoying the challenges and also the editing has me guessing all of the time. Keeps me interested each episode!

Binged this all weekend. Love having the Mole back on TV.
It is very American with a lot of OTT personalities but still enjoying it.

Back