Skip to main content

The Legend of Korra

Winterbourne

Unfallen Icarus
Ok, so season 2 of Korra went global today. If anyone else is a fan of the old Avatar, the Last Airbender, then I guess this is the place to discuss it.

From watching the first episode, once, a little distractedly, the only thing I can raise at this point is - Man, Mako is a total Drew. They need to learn to stand up to their girls. Women don't respect pussies, especially girls who deep down know they are still girls and not yet women. Mako is a pussy. Asami is a much better match for Korra, really, and also much easier fro the internet slash art merchants.

If anyone else is into this mythology, l guess, and let's enjoy this season together.

OMG! I totally forgot its was being released soon I'll have to make sure I catch it!

Love Avatar so much!

Alright, it is all action over here at the Korra thread. So, Mako is still a drip, Bolin is still not Sokka, Korra is still the most realized character, it is still not as good as Avatar, but it is very pretty and I am sure it will get better and the freaky twin had the odd good line.

Alright, it is all action over here at the Korra thread.

I think we are the only fans. :(

Haven't watch the latest episode yet but I thought the first two episodes were off to a bit of a rocky start. I don't think A:LoK is ever going to be as good as A:TLA but I am looking forward to learning more about the Avatar's history and mythology this season!

I also love seeing Katara, but makes me miss Team Avatar so much!

RE The Beginning - this season just got good. Origin of the avatar, origin of element bending, history of the lion turtles, a bit...

Slow start, but this was what I was waiting for in a season called Spirits. Shame when the hero isn't involved in the first good storyline, though.

So, my guess is Unalaq wants to merge with the dark spirit to become some kind of anti-avatar at the next convergence, and begin a 10000 year cycle of his own.

Either that, or restore the balance, ending the avatar cycle. Because it seems that having an avatar is just a way to hold things sort-of in balance until the two spirits can be joined once more. In fact, the air nomads asked where the dark one's other half was, as if they are one, separated by Wan. The avatar is an attempt to right that wrong, but maybe Unalaq is the one to want to actually restore balance - a nice twist, given his stereotypical villain introduction. If that is the case, then Korra is just the avatar to ruin everything with her ego.

I too loved Avatar, The Last Airbender. I remember there was a marathon on foxtel and the kids n I were glued to it. Poor hubby had to suffer lol Where do u watch it [MENTION=35069]Winterbourne[/MENTION] if u don't mind me asking.

Typically I pirate it on Saturday mornings, GMT.

I remember Avatar got me through a long lonely winter in Moscow. I would finish work at 9pm, and then they would play an episode at 9.30, giving me time to cook up a dinner to eat in front of Avatar. It soothed all pain; kind of like frozen lasagna. Then, at 11 or so they would repeat it. On Saturday they had a marathon of the week's episodes, and new season three episodes would appear as they appeared.

I think I would have gone mad without it.

Still waiting for Korra to reach the same heights, and these new episodes are the first glimpse of that possibility. So many brilliant moment in A:tLA. Ty Lee saving Mai at the Burning Rock, Sokka;s master praising him, the Ember Island Players... too many, so many.

It has been hard to care as much with Korra - Mako is meh, Bolin is no Sokka, etc. I have remained optomistic, and The Beginning is the first time this season has consistently delivered. There have been moments before, like the brothers on the boat in last season's finale, and Lin Bei Fong kicking arses, but... it is like Sick Boy from Trainspotting talking about new Lou Reed albums. You can say 'They're alright...' but deep down, you know they are s***. Like Buffy after season 3. Yeah, it's alright, but it's not season 2.

Anyway, drifted off there. Things looking good just now for Korra.

So, Korra has an air bison now, and is drifting north to the shrine of the ocean and moon spirits at the north pole. The bison could symbolize that now she is connecting with her air bendery part, and is ready for Tenzin's instruction, finally. This is handy, because on route to the north pole she can stop in at the Northern Air Temple, to reconnect with Tenzin and Jinora etc.

So, having seen that she has a spirit of light inside her, and having connected with her first life, Korra can learn more of the meditational air nomad philosophy stuff. Was the Guru at the Northern Air Temple> Perhaps he can help her, or his disciple, or perhaps Tenzin... but someone will help her get spiritual.

Then, assemble a posse and head north to the pole. The posse should include Tenzin, Jinora, the waterbending aunty, Bumi, Iroh and Korra. Hopefully Mako, Bolin etc are still back in Capital City, and stay there. They just don't quite work, those characters.

So, in the Spirit Oasis Korra will cross to the spirit world and find the World Tree, in which Vaatu is imprisioned. This tree is guarded by Koh, the Face Stealer. He ensures that no one with human attachments may pass - to show emotion is to have your face stolen, so material attachments must have been overcome. Perhaps Korra's past self, the surfer dude avatar, who had a meeting with Koh when he wanted revenge for stealig his girlfriend's face. The fact that Koh could take on his face may mean that Koh killed that incarnation of the avatar, leading to Kyoshi.

Once Korra is past Koh, she can meet with Vaatu, imprisioned in the tree.

Ulalaq may have a few different goals. One, to merge with Vaatu, and become the anti-avatar. Another, to release Vaatu from the tree, release Raava from the avatar and reunite the light and dark spirit into one, dawning a new age, perhaps without bending, perhaps with bending for all, like the end of Buffy season 7.

THere's my speculations.

A Spanish language media outlet of some sort accidentally released four episodes from season 3. They are available from pirates, dubbed into Spanish, but English subtitles are available.

A Spanish language media outlet of some sort accidentally released four episodes from season 3. They are available from pirates, dubbed into Spanish, but English subtitles are available.

OMFG! Are you for real?! Must google...

tumblr_inline_mkuneqclIp1qz4rgp.gif

... you're right! Should I watch them? If I do then I'll be waiting for them to catch up... So I should wait. But I'm waiting either way so does it matter? Also it won't be there voices and I really want to hear old Zuko? I just don't know. I need to know the official première date to make a decision.

I just don't know. I need to know the official première date to make a decision.

Allegedly, unofficially, it has been mentioned by someone somewhere that it could be September.

Watching them last night, I kind of felt like I was stealing something, like peaking in the cupboard before Christmas... it is exciting, but it ruins things a little bit, especially as it is episodes 3, 4, 5, 6.

Just realised the first three episodes have aired officially! Probably won't get to watch them until tomorrow though. *sigh*

Nonetheless I'm excited!

h7FBC45B8

New season has a vibe more like the old Airbender, with them travelling etc.

Mako is being shown for the git he is, and Bolin is finally closer to the Soka we deserve.

Back