Skip to main content

The I love ben thread

Why..you eejits..
I have a hamster with more cred..
If you cross a Toucan with an Owl...all you get is a Tool..benny personified..

I absolutely love Ben too. So agree with everybody else here too he makes the show! It would be so boring without him in there. I really hope he does win as he deserves it :D

I absolutely love Ben too. So agree wit
h everybody else here too he makes the show! It would be so boring without him in there. I really hope he does win as he deserves it :D

His days are numbered...

Yep numbered and up to 45 today, he should make it all the way..........otherwise we are watching blobs on blobby lounges

Does anybody else feel as if Ben has this game completely figured out? His talk to Michael about not being so obsessive about Ava and Josh as it could come across as weird was so accurate. It is as if he knows exactly what the public are thinking and seeing.

Ben is pretty manipulative, but by far the most entertaining HM. I don't think he has it all worked out, because he has to get the public to like him as well (though he was right about the public's perception of Michael - it wasn't a good look). Unfortunately Ben may get voted out the very first time he is up. Anyway. we will see.

I don't know who votes these days. Once voters went for those in relationships or very boring underdogs. Ben doesn't fit into either of those categories so it is worrying. Then again they got rid of "heart of gold", boring thingo with the dreds (his name escapes me), so maybe voting patterns have changed.

Ben was one of my original faves, I adored his sassy ways, his quick retorts and generally his cleverness....Then he started to go downhill, near reached the bottom, for his superior attitudes, his snide remarks and his manipulations...now I'm returning to the peaks again, it's been a long hard slog....and at present he would be my favourite hm, couldn't imagine the show without him...I think during the last few shows he is the only one that has had me giggling..

Somehow I think Ben and Michael have some kind of alliance, different from the Michael/Josh friendship and the Ben/Stacey friendship....and sure I know it's not Survivor and have no idea when or where it could have occurred, maybe during casting??..

Ben was one of my original faves, I adored his sassy ways, his quick retorts and generally his cleverness....Then he started to go downhill, near reached the bottom, for his superior attitudes, his snide remarks and his manipulations...now I'm returning to the peaks again, it's been a long hard slog....and at present he would be my favourite hm, couldn't imagine the show without him...I think during the last few shows he is the only one that has had me giggling..

Somehow I think Ben and Michael have some kind of alliance, different from the Michael/Josh friendship and the Ben/Stacey friendship....and sure I know it's not Survivor and have no idea when or where it could have occurred, maybe during casting??..

Ben is now pretty much the only reason I'm still watching, without him it would be dire. The Ben Michael dynamic is interesting, they are like co-pilots consulting.
And now the rest are so nothing, I'm happy for Ben to torture them........posters can argue till they turn blue that he's an evil bitch and I will just applaud, go Benny get ém.

I don't think Ben was giving Michael a 'good telling off' during the bathroom scene when Ben was telling him to stop acting like a brat (not sure of the exact wording) think he was giving him the heads up on how it could be perceived by the public...

Maybe the two of them have these little one on one chats on a regular basis and we're not being shown and will be revealed further on down the track when there is only a few hms left....and maybe I'm letting my imagination getting the better of me...lol..

Ben is pretty manipulative,

A lot of people say this but I'm not sure that's no more than an appearance due to two factors; uno, he's an opinionated busybody, so his natural interactions give an impression of intentional influence, and duo, we're watching a game that induces us to see events through a paranoid construction of schemes and designs. He's a housemate likely to inspire suspicion when all he's doing is actively engaging his other HMs as himself.

Take this factory task. As they all file out of their fake shifts HMs feign stories about what it was like. Ben was actually the least inclined to enter into a creative deceit. He just said it made him feel claustrophobic but doesn't think he's supposed to talk about it.

Oh no it's there, remember they showed a little clip of them in the backyard consulting last week, Michael worries Ben sticks out too much as the house spokesperson (because he needs Ben to stay, Ben manages the house, Michael doesn't want a bar of that workload.

That core alliance of Ben/Mike/Josh/Zoe have never voted for each other

Oh no it's there, remember they showed a little clip of them in the backyard consulting last week, Michael worries Ben sticks out too much as the house spokesperson (because he needs Ben to stay, Ben manages the house, Michael doesn't want a bar of that workload.

That core alliance of Ben/Mike/Josh/Zoe have never voted for each other
Ben will vote for Josh sometime I believe. I don't think he will ever vote for Michael, Stacey, or Zoe though unless he is forced to.

Hands up if you want Ben to win?

Take this factory task. As they all file out of their fake shifts HMs feign stories about what it was like. Ben was actually the least inclined to enter into a creative deceit. He just said it made him feel claustrophobic but doesn't think he's supposed to talk about it.

I'm not convinced that Ben didn't want to talk about the factory task due to integrity....more than ..the less one says the less one is likely to say something they shouldn't....and he was probably concerned that some of the hms would just over act ...and in saying that thought it was a clever concept to say "I don't think we're supposed to talk about the task"...

With Ben's strategic vote he gave one point to Josh this week....his way of saying to the public that he thinks Josh is the most likely to win and being that it was only one point he doesn't necessarily dislike him....just in case Josh is a huge fave with the public...and going on other bb winners Josh really could be the main contender...though I hope not....

Love. Him.

I didn't see it as telling Micahel off either, rather a meeting of the minds :)

I was surprised when Ben said he was 6ft though, I did not get that impression from him.

Yes i tend to agree. Ben is awesome, funny and is the ONLY one that is entertaining. I honestly believe if he was too ever get evicted the show would fall flat on it's arse. BB producer's can't afford to loose ben so maybe they should cause more conflict in the house so ben can stir it up a bit more. Right now the show is tinkering on the boring line and i find myself flicking chanels most of the time. As usual 2 boring intruders come into the house and lay low. Ben deserves a medal for keeping the viewers watching. Ben is too the point and say's exactly what should be said. He is the winner hand's down. The only laugh i'v had from BB this year is when ben was in the dog house last night. Just the stuff ben was saying was a crack up. I think he is awesome to a hilt! Show more of ben and less of booooring ava !!!

Back