Skip to main content

The Farmer Wants A Wife 7:30pm Wednesday Channel 9

OMG how tragic is this show?

10 minutes viewing was enough what a waste

I dunno, I kinda liked it, though it was all mixed up with too many things happening at once.
I liked it and found myself picking for the farmers, and laughing at some gals.
I didnt like how they showed one episode and repeated it about 3 times in case you missed it. what was that about???
I wonder at these shows though, do any of these people actually marry?
How is Phillipousis going I wonder?

I dunno, I kinda liked it, though it was all mixed up with too many things happening at once.
I liked it and found myself picking for the farmers, and laughing at some gals.
I didnt like how they showed one episode and repeated it about 3 times in case you missed it. what was that about???
I wonder at these shows though, do any of these people actually marry?
How is Phillipousis going I wonder?

They never marry. Or at least the marriages are not legal

Remember the show "surprise weddings"

Various couples got married on national TV. After the show had
finished its run it was revealed that none of the actual marriages
were legal because they were part of a TV show and the couples
either had to do it properly after the show or move on and some
had already broken up by then.

And what about "yasmin's getting married" that fell on its
arse quick and Yasmin is still wandering Sydney looking

They never marry. Or at least the marriages are not legal
And what about "yasmin's getting married" that fell on its
arse quick and Yasmin is still wandering Sydney looking

I love that you bought this one up. That show was a disaster from the beggining.
It was originally promoted as "Rene is getting Married", till the producers found that Rene was a traditional Greek girl, whose parents wouldnt let her date or marry anyone who wasnt Greek. Rene got her marching orders and then it was a race to find someone else to fill in the time slot.
They found Yasmin, and the show flunked not because of poor Yasmin.
It was that flunky Matt and his sidekick Jo Stanley. The radio dudes!
They sucked! We all anticipated a show where we would get to see Yasmin, dine, wine romance a selection of guys, instead we got 5 minutes of Yasmin and her guys and half an hour of Matt and Jo talking....boring!!!!
They talked and philosophies about who was suitable, they talked about who she should go out with, they talked about scoring the guys out of 10 and they just blah blah blah blah dissected and talked the whole way through the show. It sucked!! Dont know if they realise they were the reason the show failed. Audiences tuned off in droves and the show was cancelled, leaving poor Yasmin still looking for love. They should have stuck to the U.S bachelors format and not this adhoc talkfest that they dreamt up.
It was a radio show on televison, never works well!
The farmers show is different cause the genial host is not a pest. We actually get to see the farmers and the girls without the host talking over them. But having said that I will wait to see if the network kills this show by changing the time slot continually.

I like this show but then i'm a sucker for reality tv.
Farmer Brad seems a little...disturbed and very very emotional
Farmer Craig doesn't seem very intelligent but i guess girls like that?
and Farmer Gus seems so god damn up himself i don't know how the girls stand him.

One of the farmers is already single
Farmer Drew

I also like this show. The girls (most of them anyway) seem pretty normal. No models etc thrown in to make the show "look" good. There was that blonde girl in the first episode, but they just made her out to be fame hungry (or something like that). SHe certainly wasn't on there to find a husband. She swapped tables to talk to one of the other farmers, who seemed more interesting to her! Or, perhaps she thought the competition would be easier on that table.
I think it would take a pretty special person to just leave their lives behind and move to the country. I would be really surprised if they find anyone from the show to marry. It would be a good advertisement for the ladies who live in their local areas... they might find a wife who is a local afterall.

And of course no amount of editing will make them look a particular way?

The ad for this week mentioned a "twist" to the game..... Hmmmm do they
all realise they are being manipulated by editing

Did anyone watch last night's show?
Farmer Brad is just a little too "deep" for me. He is such a sensitive guy and then to spring it on the girls that he has met someone else outside of the show was just a classic. I am not sure how he expected the girls to react, but judging by the previews for the next show, they aren't too happy!
At the moment I am really wanting Chris to end up with someone long-term (a wife). To me he seems like a very thoughtful "nice" guy.

I have just watched bits of this, rather normal genuine people for RTV, did they pay SBS for the format since they have copied the SBS show from a couple of years ago?

Farmer Brad is a bit of a dick, seems he'd be the type to serenade you with a bad guitar and hokey lyrics. 'Do you believe in love'. Blergh.

I second that re: Brad and bad serenading. He probably cries at sad tv advertisements too! Meh.. he would just be too much work.. I wouldn't be considered feminine enough for him. :)

I wouldn't be considered deep enough. He would be agony, always searching for meaning in the way you pour the corn flakes or bonding over a shared joke. Oh, maybe not the joke, he's probably a little too serious to laugh. :)

The farmer's (except for Farmer Brad) seemed like a nice bunch of country blokes...some painfully shy and some not....The girls were a bit more worldly...It will be interesting to see how they all pan out.

Editing folks, editing..... Same as BB except they're not trapped in the
one house. I'm only watching in the morbid hope something bad slightly
controversial might happen however unlikely.... :D

Now why can't we have a reality show like BB but without the selective
screening of people and just pick the bunch that looks and acts like they
fit together and see what happene

I am so happy that Chris and Kim are getting along so well. I really don't see any of the other couples staying together. Brad is definately going to end up alone (well out of the two girls on the show anyway).

The final is on tonight. I can't believe I have really enjoyed watching this show. I guess it is because the people seem really normal and genuine.

All the farmers are so darn cute, especially that broken hearted one that looks like he may be broken hearted again with the Canadian girl and her cute bubby boy. Such nice women - and they actually are women not flakes or slags; the boys are real men and cute but not aware of how cute they are. Really refreshing group of people - steal some for BB please.
Weird watching this a couple of the women I think, I know you from somewhere, you look familiar, is it just theses people are more like people I know - finally some RTV people I can relate to.

Does anyone know if any of the couples are still together? I know that Chris and Kim are but what about the rest?

Back